No announcement yet.

Flak Cannon 2K4 - Gives flak secondary it's old trajectory[FINAL][PC][PS3]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried and tried to cook it. I really, really hate the cooking process for PS3! I refuse to do it anymore! I spent more time trying to cook it than I did coding it! If anybody wants to cook this feel free.

Comment

Why does everyone have such problems with cooking PS3 stuff?
      The things I've done have always been really simple but there seems to be plenty of people who complain of struggling.

What problems have you had?

Comment

i don't know much about the problem but many ppl say it's difficult it seems.. someone else could use a hand in this thread.. http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=676637 thanks daz hopefully that guy joins your noble cause..
        Epic: Hire Daz

Comment

If I have a working PC mod, I should be able to run the cook tool and have it work for PS3 with no INI edits at all. That never happens. With all the magical stuff the editor does the least it could do is parse the INI file for you and put the correct values in it for PS3. Actually, no I don't even want to see an INI file for PS3. It's not like the PS3 has a text editor to edit them. The cook tool should work completely off the PC mod's ini file. I should give it a PC mod, click go, and it should spit out the binary blob that is the PS3 mod.
          Why does the cook tool change the package name? None of the PC mods package names conflict. The community has seen to that. Why would we suddenly use new names for PS3? Does the changed package name break package.class references?
          If the PS3 doesn't support custom UI's, the cooker should give you an error but it doesn't. It just fails to work on the PS3. No errors. No log files. Nothing. It just fails with no explanation.

Ultimately I do this stuff for fun, and if it's frustrating I just won't do it.

Comment

Didn't someone reply in another thread about PS3 cooking that you needed to use the uncooked files again when you cook for PS3 and not the cooked PC files? I can't find it offhand, and I'm multitasking here so if someone has that link it would be appreciated.

Comment

please dont give up on ps3 please!!

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainSnarf View Post
                If I have a working PC mod, I should be able to run the cook tool and have it work for PS3 with no INI edits at all. That never happens. With all the magical stuff the editor does the least it could do is parse the INI file for you and put the correct values in it for PS3. Actually, no I don't even want to see an INI file for PS3. It's not like the PS3 has a text editor to edit them. The cook tool should work completely off the PC mod's ini file. I should give it a PC mod, click go, and it should spit out the binary blob that is the PS3 mod.
                One of mine looks like this:
                Code:
                [Mut_DZBowGun UTUIDataProvider_Mutator]
                ClassName=Mod_DZBowGun_PS3.Mut_DZBowGun
                FriendlyName=Spawn - Bowgun
                Description=Spawn with the Bowgun.
                bRemoveOn360=False
                bRemoveOnPC=False
                bRemoveOnPS3=False

[Mut_DZBowGun_A UTUIDataProvider_Mutator]
                ClassName=Mod_DZBowGun_PS3.Mut_DZBowGun_A
                FriendlyName=Arena - Bowgun
                Description=Play a Bowgun only game with unlimited ammo.
                bRemoveOn360=False
                bRemoveOnPC=False
                bRemoveOnPS3=False

[LoadForAllGameTypes]
                Package=Mod_DZBowGun_PS3
                Which is just the PC .ini with the weapon entry removed (which is something that stops the package working for some reason) and with the extra bit at the bottom.
                You're quite right it should be able to work it out itself because it's so blindingly obvious.
                And this particular package is _PS3 because I have a second version of the code to remove custom sounds, custom static meshes and configurable mutators.

Why does the cook tool change the package name? None of the PC mods package names conflict. The community has seen to that. Why would we suddenly use new names for PS3? Does the changed package name break package.class references?
                It doesn't change the package name, it does ask for a mod name but you just set that to your original one (ie the name of your folder in the Src folder). Again it should do this itself, it's particularly annoying when you try to do it quickly and find you've cooked a new mod with the name of the previous one you cooked.

If the PS3 doesn't support custom UI's, the cooker should give you an error but it doesn't. It just fails to work on the PS3. No errors. No log files. Nothing. It just fails with no explanation.
                Why it doesn't give an error about it like it does for meshes and sounds I don't know. I've just noticed UIs and meshes are not documented on the PS3 cooking page on UDN either, that only mentions sounds which is just stupid.

Comment

With your example INI file, I got it to work. Thanks a lot DazJW!

PS3 version:
                  http://files.filefront.com/USERDATAJ.../fileinfo.html

Comment

Glad to help.
                    You might want to edit your thread title to say PC and PS3.

Comment

hey would like to try this but download isn't working.. i think it's because of the numbers in the file name..

Comment

Omg thanks man ur one of the cool modders in this forum thanks alot wow!!!

Comment

dammn dont work is not reading it for some reason ?????

Comment

Filefront renames the files so you can't host USERDATA.JAM files there (as PS3 users can't rename them).
                            The best thing to do with them is contact UT3MOD.com.

Comment

gah why filefront? why?

Comment

Sorry about that guys. I hosted it on my clan site instead.

Download here:

http://clan-bge.com/Downloads/PS3/Fl...4/USERDATA.JAM

Comment

Working...
                                X