Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

CTF-Nucleus [PC] [PS3]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-Nucleus [PC] [PS3]

Name: CTF-Nucleus

Version: Final - 1.5

Compatibility: 1.2

Description: Located deep beneath the Onyx snow, the Liandri owned Nucleus Facility houses an Ion Cannon designed for orbital bombardment. This facility became the site of much interest in the Necris war and gave rise to many heated battles to seize the powerful technology.

Comments: With a modest 5396 meshes in, this is by far the most challenging map I have made so far. It has gone through significant testing to work out the kinks and perfect the AI. It scored 5th place in the devmods competition while in beta and hopefully I have only improved on it for final release. This is a remake of CTF-Nucleus from the original UT '99, and I hope that many UT veterens recognise it, as I have tried to keep faithful to the original wherever I could, just adding my own personal touches along the way. For those that have not played the original I will tell many of you know that the buttons located on the walls above the see-through glass panel rooms activate the trap in the tunnels.

Screenshot:
    [screenshot]http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/8907/ctfnucleus3bt3.jpg[/screenshot][screenshot]http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/8038/ctfnucleus1qr5.jpg[/screenshot][screenshot]http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/8903/ctfnucleus4xb9.jpg[/screenshot]

Credits: Syphix, Cedric 'Inoxx' Fiorentino (who made the original) and Epic for their content and editor.
    I would also like to thank AnubanUT2 for his input, sticking with this till final and for cooking for PS3, bn_avit for his indepth beta testing of the map, and everyone who made the effort to download the beta, give it a go and leave feedback.

Download:
    PC Download:
    Filefront Download
    Fileplanet Download

Download and enjoy, and leave feedback where possible

I've been waiting on the map for a while. It's so great that it's finally released. Patiently waiting on PS3 version before reviewing.

Comment

final

good finally

Comment

Originally posted by black_star View Post
        I've been waiting on the map for a while. It's so great that it's finally released. Patiently waiting on PS3 version before reviewing.
        I am glad to hear that people have actually been anticipating the map.

Anuban said he should have the PS3 version done tomorrow.

Comment

Well I went ahead and took care of it ... I decided I couldn't wait to see how your suggestion worked and you were right ... you get three jumps from a pair of jump boots so you could actually jump up to the superhealth ... then go get the shield belt and jump up to the lower level and then up one last time to get the flag back to the base and score. You just can't waste any jumps if you go that route.

http://files.filefront.com/CTF+Nucle.../fileinfo.html

Edit: I didn't know about the traps though so I hope those work since I didn't get to test them. Also I should have suggest a light of some sort for the lift in the shield belt chamber ... sometimes it is hard to tell it is down and ready. But that is minor and doesn't impact the gameplay in any major way.

Comment

Can't wait to play this, I've been keeping an eye out for the final of this to pop up

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
              Well I went ahead and took care of it ... I decided I couldn't wait to see how your suggestion worked and you were right ... you get three jumps from a pair of jump boots so you could actually jump up to the superhealth ... then go get the shield belt and jump up to the lower level and then up one last time to get the flag back to the base and score. You just can't waste any jumps if you go that route.

http://files.filefront.com/CTF+Nucle.../fileinfo.html

Edit: I didn't know about the traps though so I hope those work since I didn't get to test them. Also I should have suggest a light of some sort for the lift in the shield belt chamber ... sometimes it is hard to tell it is down and ready. But that is minor and doesn't impact the gameplay in any major way.
              lol well I am glad that you were so eager to get it done, I hope many others are as eager to get playing it

Yer you can't afford to make any mistakes taking that route which is where the skill comes in. Personally I think it adds longevity to a map if your playing style changes as you become more familiar and skilled with the map. So I have intentionally not made that route the easiest route as it adds such an advantage.

The trap should work, I see no reason it shouldn't as there are no custom meshes, but get back to me on whether it does or not.

Thanks again for the PS3 cook.

Comment

Congrats on getting 5th in the devmods contest

Comment

Originally posted by Bret Hart View Post
                  Congrats on getting 5th in the devmods contest
                  Thankyou

New PC Download links up now.

Comment

Updated from the already great version in the DevMods contest..NICE!
                    Will definately download tonight!

Comment

I know it's a little late but this is really getting to me, the room with the fan just real flow (unlike the rest of the level), you need to create a way to get from there to the upper level.

What I was think was that you could make the fan bigger and slower in order to make it easy to translocate through (though you can already translocate through it) and just have a hole similar to the one near the rocket launcher. It wouldn't change the flag running game play (since it requires the translocator) but it would make that room more worthwhile and improve the flow of the level.

Sorry for suggesting changes on the final version...

Comment

Originally posted by Tailsnake View Post
                        I know it's a little late but this is really getting to me, the room with the fan just real flow (unlike the rest of the level), you need to create a way to get from there to the upper level.

What I was think was that you could make the fan bigger and slower in order to make it easy to translocate through (though you can already translocate through it) and just have a hole similar to the one near the rocket launcher. It wouldn't change the flag running game play (since it requires the translocator) but it would make that room more worthwhile and improve the flow of the level.

Sorry for suggesting changes on the final version...
                        I know and that was getting to me too. Unfortunately that was a problem with the original too. I do not really think that its a room thats meant to be used that much, just for getting some ammo.

What you suggest is very similar to what I was saying in the beta thread but no one had any opinions on making this change so I left it.

Comment

I think its a nice and fun to play map thx m8.

Comment

Purely amazing remake. Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidas View Post
                              I think its a nice and fun to play map thx m8.
                              Well so long as its fun to play then I achieved what I set out to do. Its only a bonus if it also looks good in my opinion, gameplay takes priority. I am just hoping that my other maps will be able to reach the same quality.

Comment

Working...
                              X