Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

CTF-BioDump

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-BioDump

Name: CTF-BioDump
    Version: FInal
    Compatibility: patch 1.2 PC and PS3. This is the first time I have cooked for PS3 so let me know if it works. (mostly if it doesnt work)
    Description: Face style map indoors in a Bio Cache. Its Face inspired not a remake.
    Comments: Best for 10-16 players... so a five on five or 8 on 8 for those of you not willing to do the math
    Screenshot:

Credits: The great many of you who have answered my questions here on this forum whether directly or indirectly. EPIC.
    Homepage:
    Download:PC
    PS3

looks good d/l

Comment

sweet map!! looking forward to more good maps from ya! dl'd/played, it's awesome!

Comment

OpTYk, will post again as soon as I play (tuesday night?) All you PS3 people, has anybody tried it yet? If so, please post here at least that the cook works ok.

Comment

Sweet Map

Nice map, I like the feel and the game play. Good job I have like playing both of your maps, I look forward to the next one.

Comment

lol ***s dl everythin

no its not lookin nice and no its not cool to do a CTF map from the crapy UT3specialedit DVD DM-tutorialMap

peps lern to have a opinion.
            ur grand grand grandfathers died sencless..... mine not :P

Comment

Well, on the PS3 version it is a bit lagy, and it is pretty constant throughout the level. It's not unplayable bad but is defenitly there. I managed to get a score so it can be played, but the lag make things a bit harder.

I do like the layout of the level and the bots seem to run fine from what I've seen. But then again I could have missed something, I've only been playing for like 10 minute.

Comment

laggy but playable, i like it, hope you can find a fix for the lag problem

Comment

Nice...............

Comment

Im right in the middle of finals right now so I havent had much time to do anything.

I dont own a PS3 so I am not sure what would cause lag or how to fix it. Any tips would be cool and I will look into it here soon.

Kamilr anything specific you think sucks? Did you play it or it sucks from the screenshots? I am all about CONSTRUCTIVE comments. Please refrain from commenting negatively about other posters. Once again I would be interested in what you didn't like about it.

Comment

Originally posted by OpTYk View Post
                      Im right in the middle of finals right now so I havent had much time to do anything.

I dont own a PS3 so I am not sure what would cause lag or how to fix it. Any tips would be cool and I will look into it here soon.
                      I agree with the other PS3 posters that the map lags a little - did you use a lot of custom textures? I believe that can slow maps down as it consumes the PS3's memory. AnubanUT2 or Voodoo Fox might be willing to take a look if you ask them. Thinking about it - War - Primeval RC2 (IIRC) had this issue when the modder applied some form of optimisation which apparently worked for PC but caused regular visible judder in the PS3's framerate. He sorted it in RC2X, so may be worth tracking down that thread, and perhaps having a word with the creator of that map?

Other than that it's certainly very playable, and definitely a challenge! I've only had a quick playthrough, but for what it's worth .. The layout took a while to get used to - I can understand why the bio pool is there but on a CTF map you don't get time to admire it, and once you're in it you can't get out before you die, so that becomes a little frustrating - maybe if you left gaps in the railings around the room in the middle? The map looks nice, you've obviously worked hard on it, so kudos for that

I liked the teleporters - could be an unfair advantage but transfer you straight into the middle of an area usually full of flying rockets from either side, so IMO that was a nice touch! I liked the layout of the bases - the approach with the flag isn't easy & there are a number of good defensive positions - however, there's a nice amount of cover on the way up the stairs, a number of routes up & the health packs next to the steps in the flag room are useful for a desperate last stand but the lack of weapons in the room helps to prevent camping

All in all, it's growing on me - I'll keep playing & let you know if I spot any other problems in the PS3 version

Thanks for taking the time to cook for PS3 - will be looking forward to any further releases from you

Comment

Originally posted by feisar32 View Post
                        I agree with the other PS3 posters that the map lags a little - did you use a lot of custom textures? I believe that can slow maps down as it consumes the PS3's memory. AnubanUT2 or Voodoo Fox might be willing to take a look if you ask them. Thinking about it - War - Primeval RC2 (IIRC) had this issue when the modder applied some form of optimisation which apparently worked for PC but caused regular visible judder in the PS3's framerate. He sorted it in RC2X, so may be worth tracking down that thread, and perhaps having a word with the creator of that map?

Other than that it's certainly very playable, and definitely a challenge! I've only had a quick playthrough, but for what it's worth .. The layout took a while to get used to - I can understand why the bio pool is there but on a CTF map you don't get time to admire it, and once you're in it you can't get out before you die, so that becomes a little frustrating - maybe if you left gaps in the railings around the room in the middle? The map looks nice, you've obviously worked hard on it, so kudos for that

I liked the teleporters - could be an unfair advantage but transfer you straight into the middle of an area usually full of flying rockets from either side, so IMO that was a nice touch! I liked the layout of the bases - the approach with the flag isn't easy & there are a number of good defensive positions - however, there's a nice amount of cover on the way up the stairs, a number of routes up & the health packs next to the steps in the flag room are useful for a desperate last stand but the lack of weapons in the room helps to prevent camping

All in all, it's growing on me - I'll keep playing & let you know if I spot any other problems in the PS3 version

Thanks for taking the time to cook for PS3 - will be looking forward to any further releases from you
                        Thanks for your comments. Ill try to address them.
                        With the lag I did use a few custom textures. And the type of textures that I used may be what is causing your lag. 6 decals and 2 scene capture actors. Also one custom texture that is just pure black for the pipes (heh).

I totally see what you are saying with the bio pool but my inspiration for this map was Facing Worlds. Two bridges going across and if you call off you die. Now in my map to make it fit with the industrial feel its bio waste. So you MAY die but if you fall right you can translocate out just weakened. So that was my thinking on that.

The teleporters and jump pads may create some disadvantage but both sides can use them equally whether you have the flag or are hunting down the flag carrier and you usually land in some hostile places or (in the case of the walkway along the roof) not much place to dodge. So I though it equaled out ok. I made sure that you couldnt transport all the way across the level. You at least have to spend half the time out in the open getting shot.

Thanks for the comments. I may see if I delete out the screen capture actors and maybe a decal or two if that will help with the ps3 framrate issue.

Comment

Originally posted by OpTYk View Post
                          Thanks for your comments. Ill try to address them.
                          With the lag I did use a few custom textures. And the type of textures that I used may be what is causing your lag. 6 decals and 2 scene capture actors. Also one custom texture that is just pure black for the pipes (heh).

I totally see what you are saying with the bio pool but my inspiration for this map was Facing Worlds. Two bridges going across and if you call off you die. Now in my map to make it fit with the industrial feel its bio waste. So you MAY die but if you fall right you can translocate out just weakened. So that was my thinking on that.

The teleporters and jump pads may create some disadvantage but both sides can use them equally whether you have the flag or are hunting down the flag carrier and you usually land in some hostile places or (in the case of the walkway along the roof) not much place to dodge. So I though it equaled out ok. I made sure that you couldnt transport all the way across the level. You at least have to spend half the time out in the open getting shot.

Thanks for the comments. I may see if I delete out the screen capture actors and maybe a decal or two if that will help with the ps3 framrate issue.
                          Didn't realise Facing Worlds was the inspiration - looked at from that perspective, the sludge pool is a nice touch Can't believe I didn't think of using the translocator to get out of the sludge, shows how good a player I am Particularly when I've tried to do that many times while plummeting off the bottom of the original Facing Worlds ...

As I said, I like the location of the teleporters, as while they shorten the journey across it's odds-on you're going to reappear in a crossfire so that evens things up

I'm no mapper, unfortunately, but I believe the PS3 can handle custom textures, as long as they don't overload its memory. The lag may be visible but IMO it doesn't detract from the gameplay

Comment

Link is broken here.

Comment

Working...
                            X