Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VOICE PACKS (UT1999...UT2004...GEARSofWAR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djposse-e View Post
    All COGs updated, Land Effort taunts added.

You added custom taunts to the Gears characters?

Comment

Yeah, I just downloaded and played with them. New taunts and other speech has been added.

Comment

a few taunts more, when you land on the ground from the height. could be another update when ill finish with all cogs. u know final master.

Comment

Call it anything but UT1999.

Comment

GEARS of WAR made for BAIRD by UX_Loki added. New Family. Made 4 GEARS Faction.

GEARS of WAR made for MARCUS by UX_Loki updated. New swear added (under 2-1). New Laughing & other efforts added.

Comment

Can you tell me exactly how to install these so they won't delete my characters?

Comment

same thing happened to me
                dont worry i'v got an update soon

Comment

I'm very pleased with the fact that UT3 voicepacks are now a reality, although not yet reaching their full potential. (i.e no autotaunts, limited selection menu etc...). However, this may come with future patches.

To djposse-e: I appreciate the fact that you have shared these voicepacks and was wondering if you could be so kind as to share some of your knowledge regarding the creation of voicepacks for UT3.

This would be of great benefit to the UT3 community.
                  Myself and others are itching to produce voicepacks for this game, and the more we know, the better they can be.

Please consider my questions on page 7 of this thread with a view to enlightening us.

Thanks.

Syex

Comment

Originally posted by CryHavoc196 View Post
                    Can you tell me exactly how to install these so they won't delete my characters?
                    im not sure but i dont think you can - the only way this works is to change the ini and use the new families/factions that are included. maybe theres a way to add these to the existing factions but its not just a cut n paste kinda thing... and i havent tried to do it.

but, theres still no way to make a real voicepack for UT3 without changing the ini for all the factions like djposse is doing (and doing a great job at that!) but unfortunately its not possible to make a true voicepack for UT3 where you can use it with any model like you used to be able to do.

Originally posted by Syex View Post
                    I'm very pleased with the fact that UT3 voicepacks are now a reality, although not yet reaching their full potential. (i.e no autotaunts, limited selection menu etc...). However, this may come with future patches.

To djposse-e: I appreciate the fact that you have shared these voicepacks and was wondering if you could be so kind as to share some of your knowledge regarding the creation of voicepacks for UT3.

This would be of great benefit to the UT3 community.
                    Myself and others are itching to produce voicepacks for this game, and the more we know, the better they can be.

Please consider my questions on page 7 of this thread with a view to enlightening us.

Thanks.
                    Syex
                    until some changes are actually made, (maybe with a patch? but no one has hinted yet this will be done) we cant make an actual voicepack
                    the only way to get a voice into the game right now is attached to a new model or by changing all the faction ini files which changes all the default factions and their voices. at least thats how i understand it...

what we need is an interface that allows us to select voices at the player model selection level and that points that model to an external sound package or tells it to replace the existing one with a custom one. i think we need UT3.5 to see that...

* nice work on the sound mods djposse-e! *

Comment

Rapidshare makes my heart cry. :C

Comment

Originally posted by RanShak View Post
                        Rapidshare makes my heart cry. :C
                        Yeah, mine too.

Comment

OMG someone put these on Filefront. I would even take Fileplanet over eventualshare

Comment

thx all yo!

Im a RapidShare Premium Member. Downloading from rapidshare u r giving me points. I treat this as a thanks. If u ain't gonna respect that, there will be no other stuff from me.
                            Many times im updating my files if i notice some unmastered voice (too quite, too loud & other like that) or if i notice something else. sometimes i even didn't say about update here. Creating mirrors you're starting messing up.

Knowledge of creating voice pack gives u nothing, couse 70% of voicepack time im spendin' is matering & im sick of it when i c 300 samples to consider infront of me.

i would placed more voices to vpack but game plays only 7 first, explaining: under 2-1 u can have 7 voices, under 2-2 u can have 7 voices & so on. i can add 10, 20 ... voices but game would play 1st 7 from script. position 8 ,9, 10 won't be played. Of course to bad for all of us.

Originally posted by CryHavoc196 View Post
                            put all files as i placed (without UTCustomChar.ini) to game directory or mydocuments directory. Copy entry from my UTCustomChar.ini to yours. Then delete old entry for specific model in ur UTCustomChar.ini & leave mine.

Comment

okay
                              no one complain no more

Comment

Hey dude, I meant no disrespect so please don't take it like that. I greatly appreciate the work you have done for the community because it really does need it.

I was not aware there was any benefit for you to use rapidshare vs some other hosting service. If using it hooks you up than I'm glad to wait for your excellent work.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X