DM-Carnage Cathedral SE [PC/PS3][SE version released July09][PC links back up]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zablorg View Post
    This is the most psychadelic map I've ever played in.

Except perhaps UndergroundAcidTrip.
    Really? The most psychadelic? Check out one called WAR-Holywar if you like things that aren't the typical style of a lot of maps. Also for color, on my map I really tried to get away from the bleaker dystopian stuff that I see going around lately. I'm glad Frag is putting out his own style though, I'd be interested to see what other kinds of areas he can produce

Comment

Oh I just noticed you also did Beesting...great job on that one

Comment

Thanks very much Distant_Land I enjoyed DM-Plaza too

Yerh those central spiral stairs could use a little more light, I will bear this in mind if there is ever another update on this map. Its a shame that Pentacost has been eating so much of my time, I would have liked to done a little more with this. However if you enjoyed the unnusual layout of Beesting you may well be glad the effort is going into pentacost

Comment

Cool...I'll keep an eye out

Comment

Very unique design! Keep up the good work.

I added your map to this server ( EU ):

Comment

Thanks very much JelleRogermees, hope ya players like it
              [EDIT] I do usually recommend FPS version for servers but as ppl can disable dynamic lighting themselves in settings now its not as crucial as it used to be

Comment

Cathedral or Warehouse? Lots of different rooms in this one with different themes:
                - strange cathedral room with fire, water, trees, plants and teleporter
                - pillar room with strange waterfall
                - dragon statues/cobblestone room
                - party room with boxes and statues (sometimes hard to get out of the center of this room)
                - warehouse room
                - crystal/meditation room
                - Egyptian room with overhead walkways
                - statue warrior room

This is a large map and best played with TDM. I found it fun to play in and it's very different than your average UT3 map.

Comment

I always try to do something different skaarjmaster Its the maps that were different that captured my attn. in UT2K4, rather than a reshuffle of stock assets. For this reason I always aim for something unique when i make a map. This was my first ever video game map and people made a lot of comments about the mixed themes. I did take this advice on board when making the next two maps. =)

Its always music to a mappers ears to hear that people had fun playing your map and I thank you very much for letting me know. As well as sharing your thoughts on it. I agree with the best played in TDM, but id say TDM4 (im a huge TDM4 fan and all my maps work well in this mode)

My apologies for late responses on both your posts
                  Thanks again

Comment

Man screen shot 2 looks wild! (good contrasts on your lighting there)

Another awesome one from ya frag! - not sure how i missed this before.

Comment

http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?di...thedral_SE.rar

http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?di...ral_SE_FPS.rar

Comment

Thanks very much to the very kind 1Xtreme and skillz, very belatedly sorry

Comment

Working...
                        X