• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-CBP3-Touch

Name: CTF-CBP3-Touch

Version: 1.0 (2.0 for PS3)

Compatibility: UT3 PC or PS3

Description: The tournament walls of this sewer drip in anticipation of the blood-shed to come. Little do the inhabitants above know that the gritty, sadistic game of death is happening right beneath their feet. To make things even more interesting - the "Sin" sewer system, as it is called by the locals, has been set up for the tournament so that each team can view and even fire into the other team's base along side theirs. The Liandri, keen for even more mayhem, have also set up a powerful sniper roost right in the center for both teams to fight over. This will not be a pretty contest.

PLEASE NOTE: This map has been re-released for PS3 on 20 March, 2009, to maintain online compatibility with the re-released Community Bonus Pack.

Comments: This level is part of Community Bonus Pack 3: Volume 1. It's recommended you download the pack instead of the individual maps, as all of the levels are great pieces of work! (and it has easy install/uninstall) This individual release is purely for convenience with servers etc so people can play online without having to have the entire pack.

It is a medium sized CTF level, with the main unique feature being that the bases are side-by-side - players can shoot into the other teams base to a degree. Also features a shared sniping area which is a powerful vantage point and which both teams fight over.

The level was completed small amounts at a time over a few months, using Photoshop & 3DS Max for the custom content.

Screenshot:

[screenshot]http://cbp.beyondunreal.com/files/screenshots/spoondog_ctf-touch_1.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://cbp.beyondunreal.com/files/screenshots/spoondog_ctf-touch_2.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://cbp.beyondunreal.com/files/screenshots/spoondog_ctf-touch_3.jpg[/screenshot]

Credits: Thanks to zYnthetic for the custom music. Thanks to the CBP Team & testers, especially Lord_Hades, XYZ8000, Virgo47, Clark Kent. Thanks to Clan: "Paradox" for testing, Jim Brown from Epic for his feedback on the level, and the entire team at Epic for UT3!

Homepage:

http://spoondog.beyondunreal.com
    http://cbp.beyondunreal.com

Download:

Community Bonus Pack 3: Volume 1

CTF-CBP3-Touch (PC)

CTF-CBP3-Touch (PS3)

Enjoy!
    -Spoondog

simply awsome... got the CBP aswell... stunning!

Comment

i love the black killing water on the center of the map, i was like lolololol omg im dying :P
      the NEG Tournament flare KICKS ***
      im still having problems to learn the layout, but it's gorgeous

Comment

**** i got a double post, btw i love those modded meshes, i new to learn to extract them to do the same

Comment

are you guys planning on releasing The Dig and Airlock individually like this?

Comment

I know that the version of War-Airlock that was taken out seperately doesn't work with the version thats in the CBMP3v1 on PS3 (map version mismatch error)..... In other words, I join a game of WAR, between games we all vote for Airlock, I have the one in the pack, the host has it solo, BAM! I get kicked. Has anyone tried to play this with the pack version, to verify that they work together? Lots of different versions floating around can cause a lot of headaches. I know a lot of mappers aren't aware of this, and I know you're trying to help out people with slower internet connections or smaller flash drives.

Comment

EDIT: NV; i just played the map, it S...., nice grfx but bad gameplay.

Comment

Originally posted by GSX600F View Post
                EDIT: NV; i just played the map, it S...., nice grfx but bad gameplay.
                why is the "gameplay" bad?

Comment

I thought Touch was a good map. Takes a bit to learn your way around, but I like maps that can support large teams. I've had a blast everytime I play. I understand 'not everyone likes the same things' but I'm glad you guys put this one out into circulation.

Comment

are you guys planning on releasing The Dig and Airlock individually like this?
                    It's up to the individual mappers but I did mention it to everyone so I'm sure most of them will release separately when they get the time.

I know that the version of War-Airlock that was taken out seperately doesn't work with the version thats in the CBMP3v1 on PS3 (map version mismatch error)..... In other words, I join a game of WAR, between games we all vote for Airlock, I have the one in the pack, the host has it solo, BAM! I get kicked.
                    Hmm... that's odd. The individual version of Touch is definately compatible with the CBP release version, and it was done exactly the same way as the ps3 versions of the other maps in the pack (I did them all myself using the same cooked files as in the release). Was the individual version released by MozI himself? (I'm guessing so... but thought I'd ask).

Comment

Originally posted by Spoondog View Post
                      Hmm... that's odd. The individual version of Touch is definately compatible with the CBP release version, and it was done exactly the same way as the ps3 versions of the other maps in the pack (I did them all myself using the same cooked files as in the release). Was the individual version released by MozI himself? (I'm guessing so... but thought I'd ask).
                      It wasn't released by MozI, which would proably explain why it isn't compatible

Comment

It wasn't released by MozI, which would proably explain why it isn't compatible
                        Hmm, well that's a shame. Best we can do is just try to use the CBP3 release version if you can to try and discourage use of the unofficially released PS3 version, until MozI releases it himself. Maybe he could also find & email the person who released the other version and ask him to remove download links.

Comment

No one should even be cooking any of the CBP3 for the PS3 without express permission from the CBP3 team lead. As usual people just do what they want then are surprised when things don't work as they should. Why not let the devs handle the cooks so you get the correct products. It just never changes and the people who are doing this just need to give it a rest. It really irks me as a the team member who was responsible for doing individual cooking and testing on the PS3 when I see people acting in such a fashion. Places like Unreal-Station are still encouraging unauthorized distribution of unofficially cooked content made by other devs. And people wonder why to this day I still have issues with many in the underground PS3 community. They still do not get it.

Edit: Why would people even do this when they see the team went to great lengths to make sure these maps were available for the PS3. I tested things pretty much by myself and only me and one other person were doing cooking to make sure there were no issues with the final release. I was proud of what I was able to do to make the PS3 experience every bit as good as the PC version and we really did not expect that people would cook and distribute the levels without permission. Please don't do that again ... for the next CBP3 vol2 pack and for the other map packs. We PS3 players are going to get the levels ... we just need to be patient and respect how teams work to get us the product for our platform.

Comment

Wrong wrong wrong!!!!!!!!! Nobody at unreal-station.com broke any maps out of any packs!!!!!! Yes i am shouting !!!!!UNFORTUNATELY, THIS SITE KEEPS TAKING AWAY MY ALL CAPS. Anuban, once again you shoot your mouth off without the facts. Please refrain from pointing the finger if you dont know what you are talking about. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by The Demon Slick View Post
                              Wrong wrong wrong!!!!!!!!! Nobody at unreal-station.com broke any maps out of any packs!!!!!! Yes i am shouting !!!!!UNFORTUNATELY, THIS SITE KEEPS TAKING AWAY MY ALL CAPS. Anuban, once again you shoot your mouth off without the facts. Please refrain from pointing the finger if you dont know what you are talking about. Thank you.

Normally I wouldn't bother responding but since you are blatantly lying I have to call you out. Where did I say that they broke out any maps from this or any other pack? What I said was that sites like that are still encouraging unauthorized distribution of unofficially cooked content made by other devs and that is true (if you want to read something more into that that is on you).

... and the only facts I need to know as the PS3 person on the team is that the only official cooks of these maps have and will only come from the various team members or myself and all other versions are unauthorized and this behavior of cooking content that is not yours and distributing it needs to come to a complete stop. I really hope this does not surface as an issue again when other community packs come out (CBP3 vol2, HOLP2, UCMP5) Now that is all that needs to be said on the subject so lets just move on.

Comment

Working...
                              X