No announcement yet.

CTF-Biomium - Updated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like Demon Slick stated, Sorry to hear about your computer. There are somedays I hold my breath when I push the power button on mine. (its getting a bit outdated)

Comment

First off, yes, I can play this map on my PS3. I can also play DM-Virtual Reality by trojong, although many of my friends cannot. I can't get DM-Sporine by Xermacor to play, but some of my friends CAN. Secondly, my PS3 is one of the original 60Gb's, it uses a more extensive chipset than the newer models, which use a software emulator. You can verify this with Google if you feel so inclined. Having said that, one of my friends who has the exact same PS3 setup as mine cannot play DM-Virtual Reality and I can play it fine, same cook, verified. So, there ARE different PS3 configurations, but that may not be the issue. If you want, you can send me a friend request, and I'll put it on for you to try and join. Send me a friend request anyways, there's not enough of us playing custom maps!

Comment

Originally posted by The Demon Slick View Post
        First off, yes, I can play this map on my PS3. I can also play DM-Virtual Reality by trojong, although many of my friends cannot. I can't get DM-Sporine by Xermacor to play, but some of my friends CAN. Secondly, my PS3 is one of the original 60Gb's, it uses a more extensive chipset than the newer models, which use a software emulator. You can verify this with Google if you feel so inclined. Having said that, one of my friends who has the exact same PS3 setup as mine cannot play DM-Virtual Reality and I can play it fine, same cook, verified. So, there ARE different PS3 configurations, but that may not be the issue. If you want, you can send me a friend request, and I'll put it on for you to try and join. Send me a friend request anyways, there's not enough of us playing custom maps!
        I can get all of the levels you just mentioned to work but Sporine and Virtual Reality have bad framerates. I can get Biomium to work as well it just has a bad framerate. I also have a 60GB PS3.

Comment

Thanks black star, that's actually good to know. I'm jealous you can play Sporine! I just look wistfully at the screenshots... Sorry to sidetrack your thread, jayoplus, good luck again with your PC!

Comment

I will look into this when I get my PC up and running again.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
              Well I couldn't load the PS3 version on my 80GB PS3 either ... It completely locked up my system requiring a hard reset.
              Anuban (or anyone else having trouble), would it be worth temporarily removing your custom character mods? I couldn't load up Downtown Necris on my PS3, always used to freeze the game on the "Loading >>>" screen. Since someone suggested removing the custom characters (even though I rarely use them - seems just having them there is enough), I've had no more problems ...

Comment

Man I have some 107 total mods:

- 55 DM
                - 13 CTF
                - 10 VCTF
                - 7 Warfare
                - 11 mutators (including one that comes with 5 mutators in one for a total of 16)
                - 11 character models mods totaling 43 different models

All of this is installed and the maps that won't load with the custom models will still load with the retail models and this map does not even do that for me. So no I am not going to remove any of my mods because one map doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                  Man I have some 107 total mods:

- 55 DM
                  - 13 CTF
                  - 10 VCTF
                  - 7 Warfare
                  - 11 mutators (including one that comes with 5 mutators in one for a total of 16)
                  - 11 character models mods totaling 43 different models

All of this is installed and the maps that won't load with the custom models will still load with the retail models and this map does not even do that for me. So no I am not going to remove any of my mods because one map doesn't work.
                  Good call I wish I'd seen your post in CTF-AtheaCE before removing the custom characters & posting above - I'd just never noticed that you could disallow custom characters

Comment

I just played a game of CTF on Biomium to see how she plays (and hey, check out the competition and all that, of course. )

I really like it. It flows really well, and the layout is easy to understand. I jumped right in and had my bearings within a few minutes. The interior meshes and overall style you have in the map is awesome. I thought the post-processing volumes were a nice touch. My favorite part of the map is sneaking up from behind the enemy base, taking the lift up, snatching the flag, then dropping down and taking the jumppad forward. That whole little 2-second sequence makes me happy.

Now, for the feedback. Your interiors are so beautiful and nicely laid out, but your vista/skybox area seems to have been neglected. I ran up to the first window hoping to see a sprawling wasteland of biochemical waste and machinery, but sadly... no such luck. I would have loved to see more detail in your skybox, so I have something to stare at in awe while bots sneak up on me with flak cannons. I don't ask for more detail just so it looks nicer; I just feel that the lack of a detailed skybox is making me think like it was an afterthought. It doesn't fit the awesomeness that is your interiors, so it feels out of place... at least to me! I could very well be the only one that feels this way. :P

The post-processing volumes were a really nice effect, but I feel they transition may be a bit too jarring. If you are going to revamp this map, I'd suggest either increasing the transition time, dropping the color a bit, or adding in a second post-pro volume before the main red/blue post-pro to blend it a bit.

Apart from that, I think the gameplay itself is solid and I had a lot of fun running around stomping some bots. My only grudges are artistic ones, and even then, this level is beautiful and I'm just being picky.

Well done! I like it.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

The main reason for the (lack of) a skybox is FPS. I was extremely strapped for time to work on the map towards the end and I did a quick pass on Optimizing that I just decided to delete a few things that I had outside the play area.

I should have my PC back by Friday/Saturday and I would do some work on it. I will also look into the effects you mentioned.

Thanks.

Comment

Sorry I didn't post better feedback earlier, your map deserves better than my "your map is too blue" comment. I pretty much agree with Kibbler in every respect. Coming off the platform with the flag and dropping onto that jump pad IS very fun. Also, I thought at frist there was too much clolor (blue or red) indicating what side of the map you are on. Now I've come to enjoy it, gotten used to it or something. It's actually very useful. The little cut-thru with the Udamage is a nice touch too, PS3 has no crouch, so you can only translocate there, and everyone else can shoot your legs if you hang out there. It's risky, which is a good way for pickups to be. Same with the Kegs, you can get them, but it will slow you down and probably get you shot. All in all a really nice CTF map.

Comment

Thanks.

I suppose it was an oversight on my part to only take screenshots from one side of the map.

Well, I just received replacement parts for my PC and put it together. Just going to run software updates and it should be ready. Apparently when the PSU fried, it also fried the MB, which has been replaced, too. I am surprised nothing else is dead.

Anyways, I hope to have an update this weekend. My biggest goal would be to optimize the map.

FYI, there is also a teleporter in the map (for translocators only). I will make it more obvious in the update.

Comment

So, the OP has been updated.

I put up three new screenshots (hopefully I did a better job this time).

Download links for both PC and PS3 updated.

I fixed one collision issue I found.

Made the teleporter (translocator only) from inside the base to the shock area more visible and accessible.

Softened up the lighting, as well as optmized the level a little.

Performance feedback would be appreciated. Thanks for playing.

J

Comment

Is it a new PS3 version?

Comment

Yes, Sir, it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X