Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Snowreal 1.1 Released!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snowreal 1.1 Released!

Name:Snowreal
    Version:1.1 Update: Version 1.1.5
    Compatibility:PC and PS3. UT3 Version 1.2
    Description:Snowboarding mod
    Screenshot:
    Credits:
    Coding, Game Design, Idea, Design, Modeling etc.: Squizmek
    Maps:
    SR-WhiteSlope - by Squizmek
    SR-SnowballRun - by Max_Damage

Homepage:http://snowreal.blogspot.com
    IRC: Join #Snowreal on Quakenet if you want to find other players! New to IRC? Download UT3IRC and get started right away!

Watch Snowreal Trailer Nr. 2 (showing version 1.1 gameplay!)
    Watch Snowreal Trailer Nr. 1

Snowreal Version 1.1 is ready for you to be downloaded! Snowreal is an Unreal Tournament 3 modification and runs on PC as well as Playstation3. PC users can either grab the .rar file and extract it themselves, or grab the self extracting .exe. See readme for more instructions.

Download for PC:
    Snowreal_v1.1.rar
    Install_Snowreal_v1.1.exe
    Get the 1.1.5 patch here:
    Snowreal Patch 1.1.5
    ModDB Mirror

Download v1.1.5 for PS3:
    USERDATA.JAM
    ModDB Mirror: Snowreal_v1.1.5_PS3.rar

Version 1.1 comes with the following new features:

* Remote camera - You can drop it at your feet or shoot it somewhere, then look through it by pressing right mousebutton. Once you have it deployed, you can also use it from your snowboard and scorpion with your right mousebutton.

* Mini-Map - shows you other players and checkpoints. It also points you to the next checkpoint in racing mode.

* Bot Support - Bots will roam around randomly on the snowboard. Don't expect them to race. =)

* Onscreen Nametags - show you who you're racing against.

Minor Adjustments:
    - Trick system has been polished so you don't fall off your board if you release your mousebutton at last 20% of a flip.
    - When you fall off your board your character won't slide down so far anymore.
    - Changed chat color to red.
    - Disabled damage when using Towcable
    - Your camera mode won't toggle back and forth while boarding.
    - Increased the walkable slope for players.
    - Hillclimber Scorpion is much more fun to drive now. It's faster and more dangerous.

Bugfixes:
    - SR-WhiteSlope now works for PC in multiplayer.
    - Fixed some bugs that would freeze the PS3.
    - Fixed trick competition scoreboard on client.

Snowreal Server List:
    • [Gothica.nl] #mi5 fun NL server-2 (you can vote for snowreal to be played)

To join a Snowreal server, either look for it using the server browser under "Deathmatch", or join it using the console.
    Press F10 to open console, then type "open xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx" without quotes and replace x with the server IP.
    For example, type "open 81.18.167.95" without quotes, then press enter and then F10 to close console.

Got problems installing or running Snowreal?
    Please use the Snowreal Support Thread for questions, we will give our best to help you.

Great I'm downloading it right now! You have no idea how many hours I played this.

Comment

Awesome, great job guys!

Comment

Raep Hole still exists?

Great mod, Might put some time into mapping you a map.

Comment

yay !

thank you for new version !
          I hope keep coming update & more map too

Comment

Hmmm,Avast says virus detected during dl.Seems it's just on the install package.Thats a first on these forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Freaky1 View Post
              Hmmm,Avast says virus detected during dl.Seems it's just on the install package.Thats a first on these forums.
              Thanks for letting us know. The installer is removed for now and will be replaced soon.
              Edit: Apparently this installer (NSIS) is known to generate alot of false positives, meaning there is a trojan found while the file it totally fine. http://nsis.sourceforge.net/NSIS_False_Positives

Comment

Fantastic work Squiz I had a lot of fun testing the beta! Now everyone download it

Comment

Originally posted by Squizmek1 View Post
                  Thanks for letting us know. The installer is removed for now and will be replaced soon.
                  Edit: Apparently this installer (NSIS) is known to generate alot of false positives, meaning there is a trojan found while the file it totally fine. http://nsis.sourceforge.net/NSIS_False_Positives

Got alot of false positives with 2k4 antitcc.

Comment

good news: I'm working on a map "basic mountain" that everyone will be able to use as a base for their own snowreal map. So, unless you want a whole new setting with new terrain textures and so on, making your own snowreal map will be a matter of minutes!
                    stay tuned =)

Comment

this patch crashes the game..... for me.... idk y, but the original version worked fine...

Comment

thanks!
                        downloading right now!

Comment

Originally posted by Karstinpk View Post
                          this patch crashes the game..... for me.... idk y, but the original version worked fine...
                          first of all, your post belongs to the Snowreal Support Thread
                          if you post the error message from your launch.log there I might be able to help you.

Comment

NEW RELEASE: Version 1.1.5

Comment

modding in editor

A few issues u may be able to help in Unreal editor

1. Followed your tutorial on snowreal.blogspot.com (precisely) yet no snowboard once i've rebuilt with my own static meshes meshes. When i open SR-EasyRider (or any other map) The editor continually crashes when i try to play, even after rebuilding.

issues u may be able to help in UT3

2. For some reason UT3 crashes when i set goal score limit to 0

3. Once in instant action mode and game has started, i can only do one trick before the game is over, this is obviously linked to the issue above.

Help please

Thnx

Comment

Working...
                              X