No announcement yet.

DM-Nimius [PC Only ATM]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet looking map. Would love to see this on my ps3. Great work.

Comment

Great work as always. Only critisism is navigation. Like Bret i found i hard to stay on the ground and some parts were extremely narrow and hard to manuvour

Comment

Originally posted by UTGangster View Post
        Great work as always. Only critisism is navigation. Like Bret i found i hard to stay on the ground and some parts were extremely narrow and hard to manuvour
        That was exactly my main goal for this map. You see, recently i've been playing a lot on the internets, and i've found that 90% of the players just spam and jump around like bunnies, and that really ****** me off , so that's why i made a map in wich you have to REALLY watch your step and be carefull with ammo and jumps/dodges, or you will just die

So i guess that having those comments is indeed a sign of success?

thank you all for the nice comments.
        I hope you guys discovered the trap

Comment

I must say that YES, you reach your goal with this unique low gravity map.

I feel the same way as you when I see everybody on every map get away by jumping like crazy like "Roger Rabbit" ! In this map, you have to be careful on every steps you make or you die

I died several times from my own mistakes, shame on me. But that is a good point for the map and that is what it make it unique

That is very sad that UT3 did not ship with this kind of map. UT99/200x had some low gravity stock maps that where fun and that's a shame that the so call "best UT" yet don't have any kind of map that reflect his predecessors. The noobies mappers don't know what there missin'

BTW, I did not discovered the trap... and how come you have to shoot the face now to make the door closed in the control room ? The button is useless, or did I miss something ?

Comment

If that was ur aim than its not a problem. I guess your goal worked. I'll have to sharpen up my skills.

Originally posted by Ignotium View Post
            That was exactly my main goal for this map. You see, recently i've been playing a lot on the internets, and i've found that 90% of the players just spam and jump around like bunnies, and that really ****** me off , so that's why i made a map in wich you have to REALLY watch your step and be carefull with ammo and jumps/dodges, or you will just die

thank you all for the nice comments.
            I hope you guys discovered the trap

Comment

The layout is deliciously intricate, and gravity claimed me more than once. Bunnyhopping won't work so well here. I love it how you can climb pretty quickly and rocket someone below you as you jump down then climb up again. And it's a really pretty map.

Comment

Originally posted by MamiyaOtaru View Post
                The layout is deliciously intricate, and gravity claimed me more than once. Bunnyhopping won't work so well here. I love it how you can climb pretty quickly and rocket someone below you as you jump down then climb up again. And it's a really pretty map.

i really like the fact that you liked the visual side of it and the gameplay behind it, specially the complicated and not so easy on "bunnyhumpers-spammer" (not so say noobs?) gameplay that it provides

Comment

i really like the fact that you liked the visual side of it and the gameplay behind it, specially the complicated and not so easy on "bunnyhumpers-spammer" (not so say noobs?) gameplay that it provides

Lol....bunnyhumpers. Anyway map looks visually fantastic and I am patiently waiting for PS3 version.

Comment

Originally posted by black_star View Post
                    Lol....bunnyhumpers. Anyway map looks visually fantastic and I am patiently waiting for PS3 version.
                    Whenever you get around to making the PS3 gamers happy just remember to really look at optimizing this puppy and adding things that make it a bit easier to navigate since many of us still use the PS3 controller and not a kb&m. Even the PC version could use some optimization whenever you get the chance.

Comment

Nice Work!

Comment

this1 is a visual stuna !!!

ill check out gameplay

gameplay REVIEW:
                        never had so mutch fear of dougin like here. this map is really missin a platform at the lower lvls, so that u dont die just by tryin a jump.
                        directly at the beginnin of the match i got stuck in a gap betwean 2 monuments. dont realy remember where it was, hers a SS:

the Shield Beld placement is is VERY BAD, in a seperate ro0m that u got to enter wit a lift, wt fizzy man.
                        i played the map 2 times and never had a showdown there. thats like zzzzzzZZZZZzzzz

redeamer in sutch a close quaters map wit so many corners, 100% useless.
                        and u also overdid it wit vals placement.

really sry for sayin this man its just the true.

stunin look, but wail playin u feel like buged or somethin.
                        thats really saad, cos i thought its in 1 category wit the CBP3 maps. nope like this it just isnt

Comment

Friggn awesome map man.. it sticks with the tradition of your other maps' awesomeness.

Comment

I agree completely. I can't wait to download your map as soon as I come back from work. The screens look great too.

Funny thing is, I was actually thinking of making a similar map, that punishes people for hopping randomly (and DM-Final Hour also does that to some extent). After work I'll see if I'll have to scrap my idea if your map is too similar to what I had in mind.

Comment

It's a very good map, but could use some sprucing up here and there.

Comment

The map is pretty fun
                                I really like the style, with its open-yet-convoluted platforms. Also, it's pretty different from my map idea, thankfully.

I really enjoyed playing your map. My only gripe though, is the use of kill volumes instead of blocking volumes on the sides and the celling. It doesn't punish bunnyhoppers. It punishes people who want to explore the extremities of your level and jump-boot users. The lest you could do is move kill volumes so that it would be possible to move to the very end of the satellite wings and use the jump-boots freely. I realize that this is not beta, but at least it's something to consider if you make a second release.

Otherwise it's a really cool level though, the architecture is creative and exciting, so I'll be definitely keeping it!

Comment

Working...
                                X