VCTF-Skytown (Plus CTF-Throne)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VCTF-Skytown (Plus CTF-Throne)

A majestic city in the sky, long ago abandoned by an alien race. Sprawling chases through the streets and over the rooftops ensue! A tribute to Metroid Prime 3. Music from Skytown Elysia. I would like to thank Epic for the tools, everyone who beta tested the map, anyone who puts it on a server and everyone who downloads it. Thank you very much!

Note: Bloom has been toned down a bit since these screens, but bear in mind that the screenshots reflect the game running with post processing set to Intense.

PC Downloads: http://www.mediafire.com/?wgimu1ssy9c
    http://files.filefront.com/VCTF+Skyt.../fileinfo.html

PS3 Downloads: http://files.filefront.com/USERDATAJ.../fileinfo.html
    http://www.mediafire.com/?jmxjjm1mjqj

Please leave feedback
    I had planned on entering this in phase 1 of the MSU but I forgot that the deadline was coming up and now it's too late :'(
    And how come there were only three Warfare maps entered??? I could have entered a box with a Flak Cannon in the middle and come fourth >_<
    EDIT: Naw it's ok, some more late entries.

BONUS! CTF-Throne
    A sun-kissed mountainside, an eerie cavern and a mysterious forest. Capture the enemy flag! It's all out warfare out there. Courtesy of Sir_Squiggles (I invented Ghost Hat) Credits: Epic for the tools and the brill beta testers, who fixed everything I screwed up. those being: Grogan, osirisrt, SirTahngarth from BeyondUnreal and Setheran and MamiyaOtaru on gearsforums. I also want to thank theGoddamnBatman and Larry L for showing interest in a CTF version in the first place. Am I a bit late? I got sidetracked. Thanks a million! I also want to denounce John for attempting to steal Ghost Hat.

PC Downloads: : http://www.mediafire.com/?y0xyzixt3mx
    http://files.filefront.com/CTF+Thron.../fileinfo.html

PS3 Downloads: http://www.mediafire.com/?wklo2heb9tj
    http://files.filefront.com/USERDATAJ.../fileinfo.html

Nice job. To get the bad over with, CTF-Throne is unpolished, I found some clashing textures, the bushes are oddly hollow, and a lot of the terrain is blocky and unrealistic looking (the trenches and riverbanks). Also, I don't see how the map can be fair with one flag in an open field and the other in a tighter enclosed area. This map looks really good though, so kudos for that. VCTF-Skycity is good. I had a lot of fun jumping across rooftops with a scavenger or hoverbike. The music sounds really good if you don't mind it being repetitive, and the ambience rocks on this level. The only bug I could find is that when you fall off the city instead of falling forever your ragdoll hits some sort of invisible barrier. Great map though, this might be one of those necris VCTF maps that the community has been waiting for.

Comment

ok skytown is very nice, but its too green. im playing the ps3 version btw. its pretty green, which isn't bad but since this is a tribute to the mp3 skytown its alittle out of place. also the music on the ps3 version is close to something that would sound metroidish, but gets really annoying after a few minutes. the map has very nice lighting. its pretty amazing how the light from the sun looks so amazing on this map. but still the green tint kinda ruins it.

just tried out throne. and **** the music is creepy as hell. the feel of the map is pretty creepy too. its not bad, but alittle unbalanced. red team has the advantage if they're good snipers. also that little teleporty thing on the blue side is alittle unfair its a quick way of them getting up there, and the red flag is out in the open. that underground maze is pretty useless and tends to slow the red team down, hurting them more than helping them.

Comment

it looks buitiful from the screen shots downloading now although my one complainet so far from the pitures is it looks a little....green...lol maybe you should name is GREEN town update: wtf? i cant even see the land scapeing i can see the static meshes and boxs and weapons vecs ect... but no ****ign terrain? o.o walking on sunshine? lol i know its claled sky town but this glitch redefines the meaning of the name XD (censored by me )

Comment

Excellent map, very well done I love it! Added to my server

Comment

Good to see it in Final, looking forward to playing it in our Custom CTF server.

Comment

Hah I never knew you turned Throne into CTF. Is that in addition to DM, or is it just CTF now?

Comment

Nice job. To get the bad over with, CTF-Throne is unpolished, I found some clashing textures, the bushes are oddly hollow, and a lot of the terrain is blocky and unrealistic looking (the trenches and riverbanks).
                A much earlier work I hope people can enjoy it anyway.

Also, I don't see how the map can be fair with one flag in an open field and the other in a tighter enclosed area.
                its not bad, but alittle unbalanced. red team has the advantage if they're good snipers.
                Aye, twas a deathmatch map that I converted on request. It's assymetrical and for fun, but you sure red has an advantage? Thats a lot of open ground they have to cover to get to and back from the flag.

Great map though, this might be one of those necris VCTF maps that the community has been waiting for.
                Thank you very much

ok skytown is very nice, but its too green. im playing the ps3 version btw. its pretty green, which isn't bad but since this is a tribute to the mp3 skytown its alittle out of place.
                but still the green tint kinda ruins it.
                But I like green
                Ja, you are right of course, Skytown Elysia wasn't very green. It wasn't in the original plan, I just thought it looked nice.

lol maybe you should name is GREEN town
                Having the word green in the name of a map is immature and beneath me.

wtf? i cant even see the land scapeing i can see the static meshes and boxs and weapons vecs ect... but no ****ign terrain? o.o walking on sunshine? lol i know its claled sky town but this glitch redefines the meaning of the name XD
                OMG how did you do that O_o
                Seriously, what did you do? Are you sure you are playing this version of Skytown and not the original beta. Is anyone else seeing that?

Excellent map, very well done I love it! Added to my server
                Good to see it in Final, looking forward to playing it in our Custom CTF server.
                Excellent, thanks a bunch ^_^

Hah I never knew you turned Throne into CTF. Is that in addition to DM, or is it just CTF now?
                Hi MamiyaOtaru! Howerya. I was asked to convert it ages ago when the map came out and I said I'd look into it but never got around to it. I had a beta thread for it but no-one replied :'(
                So this here final was finished just before I started Skytown but I figured it was too little too late so I held off releasing it untill Skytown was ready and had it as a bonus. And if I'm reading your question right, I think the answer is that you still need DM-Throne to play deathmatch on the map.

Comment

Awesome map mate, nice and original.

IDK if it was just me but I found it really hard to get to grips with and find my way around at first though...

Comment

Thanks

For some reason I seem to know the map like the back of my hand, lol. I am a bit surprised though, the layout is very simple I thought.

C'mon peoples, gimme some more replies please
                    And mebbe rate the thread too.

Comment

vctf skytown is great! Ctf-throne isnt so great.

Comment

vctf skytown is great! Ctf-throne isnt so great.
                        Thanks for editing to soften the blow a bit lol. I'm happy you gave both maps a shot, cheers.

Comment

WOW, Skytown looks BEAUTIFUL!

Comment

Squiggles: I just played Skytown and I really enjoyed myself. I like the totally fleshed out world, with buildings with stairs and detail inside. The music made me relaxed, and the general mood of the map was actually really peaceful. I had the most fun flying the Viper around, soaring off cliffs and suiciding.

One thing I'd suggest would be to play through your map some more and just run around on foot. I had a number of times I would drop off a ledge running to the base and... fall to my death. It would be a good idea to play through and make sure the player isn't falling off where he wasn't designed to, because it kind of caught me off guard and it seemed out of place that I'd fall there. The place I'm talking about, specifically, is the circular platform right outside the red base.

I like the 360 degree skybox a lot, but maybe find a way to hide the mirrored seam? It's totally minor, but would help.

I'd suggest adding a bit more pickups/content to the interior of the houses in the level. It's great you added the ability for players to go inside the demolished buildings, but there isn't much of a reason to go inside them. Even a small trail of healthvials up the stairs would be nice.

They are all picky critiques that are totally subjective, Squiggles. Ultimately, this is a beautiful map and is the most relaxing I have played so far (well, VCTF-FeelGoodInc is a close second ). Nice work!

Comment

One thing I'd suggest would be to play through your map some more and just run around on foot. I had a number of times I would drop off a ledge running to the base and... fall to my death. It would be a good idea to play through and make sure the player isn't falling off where he wasn't designed to, because it kind of caught me off guard and it seemed out of place that I'd fall there. The place I'm talking about, specifically, is the circular platform right outside the red base.
                              Really?
                              I'm not sure what spot exactly you mean. Is it the spiraling ramps around the circular tower? Do you mean falling straight through the floor

I'd suggest adding a bit more pickups/content to the interior of the houses in the level. It's great you added the ability for players to go inside the demolished buildings, but there isn't much of a reason to go inside them. Even a small trail of healthvials up the stairs would be nice.
                              That is a very good idea, there isn't much incentive to use them at the moment, is there...

Thank you for the compliments and nice feedback, both of you ^_^

Comment

Working...
                              X