X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice theme! Very original!

Comment

Originally posted by spacedemonebu View Post
      i appreciate it, nootsac. i have been very busy working as the lead instructor at a game design summer camp (i'm teaching 2 classes in UT3 and one in warcraft 3).

i'm glad you're enjoying the map, especially since this is such a supportive community. are you finding the viper routes easy enough to follow? any feedback is welcome considering i didn't have time to have a beta release.
      No prob bro. I also took the time and got a very nice screenshot from the top. Its siiiiiick!!Check it....

Comment

since my map is so massive, i made a video world tour that should better acquaint you with the landscape than screenshots can.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RFWjHnzn6YA

(please watch high quality version)

Comment

having tried this out with some other mods, i recommend playing it with mr. pants' excessive overkill weapon mod. and if you can deal with no having hoverboards, warfare++ is great with 64 players (the full 128 tends to make the ample supply of vehicles seem much more scarce).

and please watch the music video! if you don't know how, it shows you how to do the viper route through greenland and iceland!

Comment

ROAD WARRIORS!!! kidding the actual mod for roadwarriors isnt going to be out soon so i guess(hope)this will do

Comment

The map seems to be a bit too clean.
              Maybe you should add some forests in Asia and South America?
              Or maybe some famous buildings oversized in the places they would normally be? (for instance: Eifel tower in france, piramids in egipt, Emipre State Building in US?)

Comment

your large vision and imagination is greatly appreciated. thanks for giving me huge expanses of real estate to legitimately wage war on. thanx, please keep doing stuff like this.

Comment

This map is BEASTLY!!!!!

How you made this map possible in the first place is beyond unreal. This is definitely a favorite map of mine, but I do agree with Duobix a little bit, on putting forests, some buildings, etc. added to it, but even as it is right now, this is one hell of a map. I have to give props to you spacedemonebu fpr making such a kicka** map, and to GOW_Nootsac for cooking this beastly map to the PS3.

The only flaw I see is that the PS3 can't have mods like warfare ++ (which isn't anyones fault at all) but still, the map plays VERY well.

Comment

Thank you Nootsac for the ps3 cook, maybe this will be a good reason to start playing again!

Comment

in response to the forest suggestion, i had originally intended to have them but the scale of the landscape kind of killed that possibility. the framerate died if i made forests of any significant density. also, forests hurt the mobility of certain vehicles and vehicle battles were the focus of the map. as for buildings, i also thought about having landmarks such as the pyramids but i couldn't make anything that didn't look terribly cheesy.

i will take all of what you guys are saying into consideration for the map i make for phase 2. anyway, thanks for the feedback, someone should add it to the server rotation so that you guys can play with other peoples.

and because i like you so much, here are the locations of the armor/health hook up spots:
                      greenland, southern tip of south america, madagascar (island east of south africa), india, northern russia (between europe and china), and japan.

*secret* if you drop a shaped charge on the islands of both sardinia and ceylon, something cool will happen. you must not enter a vehicle or get on your hoverboard until the bombs go off. a message saying "sardinia" or "ceylon" will appear if done correctly

Comment

I'd love to give it a try, but the GoW mirror is down and the FilePlanet mirror is subscription-only.

Comment

Im not sure why the main page link to the GOW mirror is down....this should work Xyx.
                          http://ut3gow.com/Downloads/PCMaps/WAR-Imperialism.ut3

ENJOY!!!

Comment

links dont work

Comment

new link worked for me:
                              http://ut3gow.com/Downloads/PCMaps/WAR-Imperialism.ut3

first post updated

Comment

PC Version: http://ut3.game-maps.net/index.php?action=file&id=1346
                                PS3 Version: http://ut3.game-maps.net/index.php?action=file&id=1347

Any objections if i add this map to a future mappack?

Comment

Working...
                                X