No announcement yet.

DM-VoidTemple Mark 2 General Release [PC/PS3 coming soon!]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Lord_PorkSword, that turned out to be the problem. I updated the main post as we now have a fully functional PS3 cook, made by euchreplayer of Unreal-Station.com.

Comment

Very nice - cavernous, unusual, bags of atmosphere & style! The setup reminds me in equal measure of one of the later levels in Blood Omen 2 and the rotating horary (I think it was called) at the end of the first Tomb Raider film

Visuals are very nice - the skybox has a suitably threatening feel to it. It has an almost prismatic effect in the centre of it, which sort of gives the feeling that a Necris tentacle could come through at any moment The only problem I noticed was that the top tier of rings, with health vials all round, had the vials floating into & out of the surface texture; the jump-pad had a similar problem.

Game-play is a lot of fun - while it may simply be circular it's on many levels & can go further in or to a lesser extent further out from the centre, so plenty of scope for movement. The rings' rotation adds an aspect of challenge - not fast enough to make your head spin but just enough to challenge aiming on the fly. The vertical struts off the rings also add another hazard while trying to avoid incoming fire or aim your own weapons - can knock you off a ledge or into the path of enemy fire, so keeps you on your toes

Thanks for taking the time to cook for PS3 - this is a very enjoyable & good-looking map, & is a refreshing change from the standard

Comment

The prismatic effect in the skybox is actually a problem with the UV layout/texture that I used for it. It is neat that you think it's cool though

I've got a few changes lined up thanks to the input I've received so far, so there will eventually (when I get back to my desktop and a computer capable of playing UT3) be another version with some gameplay and minor cosmetic fixes.

We're coming up on 3 weeks after the submissions to the MSUC phase one began, I'm looking forward to the results

Comment

It's been a full month since the release and I'm still interested in feedback if anyone has something to say (as well as the phase 1 results).

There is a couple graphical/navigation improvements planned for the next revision, as well as a minor bug fix and some gameplay tweaks. I'm mostly interested in gameplay feedback though, is there a part that you think is too big? An area where pickups are too concentrated? An area that's too hard to get to?

Comment

Score for Design

I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the Map simply because I feel it really tests the AI of the bots quite a bit, meaning there were angles from where they were fragging each other (and myself trust me LOL!!!) that had me like Wow Nice shot. One thing I am a little confused about though is the fact that I downloaded the Version that was tagged Fixed, however I am still having Framerate issues, nothing major, just mainly when near and around the Core Piece in the Middle of the Temple and when walking up the Stairs it is the most noticeable. I am not really one to complain, but the interaction with the Stairs themselves is quite continuous due to the design of the Map itself, Further more to speak of the design, all I have to say is that it is spot on original and shows you have some of the most creative potential out of any Mapper I seen here UT2k4 included. That's why I honestly hope if these issues can be addressed then that makes it all the better, and if not you still have yourself a pretty sweet Map my Friend

Comment

Originally posted by DaJMasta View Post
              It's been a full month since the release and I'm still interested in feedback if anyone has something to say (as well as the phase 1 results). ... is there a part that you think is too big? An area where pickups are too concentrated? An area that's too hard to get to?
              Well, I think the map could use some more weapons and ammo, they're rather scarce atm which can be a bit frustrating sometimes. Also, it would be fun to have a sniper rifle... or two.

Comment

Originally posted by OH_THAT ROCKET@#$! View Post
                I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the Map simply because I feel it really tests the AI of the bots quite a bit, meaning there were angles from where they were fragging each other (and myself trust me LOL!!!) that had me like Wow Nice shot. One thing I am a little confused about though is the fact that I downloaded the Version that was tagged Fixed, however I am still having Framerate issues, nothing major, just mainly when near and around the Core Piece in the Middle of the Temple and when walking up the Stairs it is the most noticeable. I am not really one to complain, but the interaction with the Stairs themselves is quite continuous due to the design of the Map itself, Further more to speak of the design, all I have to say is that it is spot on original and shows you have some of the most creative potential out of any Mapper I seen here UT2k4 included. That's why I honestly hope if these issues can be addressed then that makes it all the better, and if not you still have yourself a pretty sweet Map my Friend

Hmm, haven't heard of people having much in terms of framerate issues.... I do intend to do some optimization for the next version though, so if you wouldn't mind:
                What's your hardware specs like and what detail mode do you play on?

If I can narrow down what is causing the slowdowns on your comp, I'll know what to change to make it perform better.

Also, there's a sniper rifle where the outermost stairs meet the main level, near one of the spawn points and near one of the jumppads to the top of the map. I tried to include at least 2 ammo pickups for every weapon, but you do have to search for ammo sometimes. Some weapons have ammo pickups right next to them, but some like the rocket launcher have to be sought out.

Comment

This post marks the Mark 2 Release! The new version is full of tweaks, bug fixes, and extra detail (though still remaining in the old style), for full information on changes take a look at the website.

I am working on more download links as well as a PS3 cook (will upload when my house gets internet....) I welcome any and all feedback, but I'm hoping that this version is good enough that I don't need another and can focus on making new maps.

Enjoy!

Comment

this looks nice

Comment

DL link never opens for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Freaky1 View Post
                        DL link never opens for me.
                        Still works on my end, but I uploaded to fileplanet and am awaiting confirmation from mapraider.

http://www.fileplanet.com/191258/190...dTemple-Mark-2

Comment

Hey DaJmasta, just checking in, hope you're well!

Comment

Working...
                          X