Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Gen,

Saw that your in the top maps in the 3D Buzz contest

Still, they final choices are subject to be unrealist IMHO Shrift is better than the one on top of you and some make me asking myself why they are in the finalist in the first place ?! Some others are better than these and are not in the finals...

Anyway, congratulations

Comment

originality and realism in its purest form!!!
      respect man

definitly a top5 out of all the "1mill$ MakeSomethin Contest" DM pool pase1
      and its really hard to deside witch is the top1 outa this top5
      so i guees i just gota say:
      GRATZ

Comment

Thanks KamilR (and thx for Q3T5 )
        --------
        Steve, if i understood you right, you think, that these are places one to ten, but this is simply top ten sorted alphabetically by usernames.
        We'll see whats next, maybe top 5

Comment

Congrats on making the top ten in the 3dbuzz contest gen

Comment

Originally posted by genthly View Post
            ...Steve, if i understood you right, you think, that these are places one to ten, but this is simply top ten sorted alphabetically by usernames. We'll see whats next, maybe top 5
            Yeah, this is what I was thinking, I did not notice the naming in the alphabetically username. Anyway, you're my # 1

Ho and sorry for yesterday, my pc crash I building my new pc but I encounter some drivers issues. Should be fix this weekend

Comment

ok, then prepare for some private testing

Comment

My dear Genthly,

I just finish building my new pc and the first map that I play is... try to figure it out...

So after a couple of matches, I was very exited to compare the visual load from a heavy POV.

Noticed that the first pic was taking a while ago in 1280*1024 AND the second pic is actually in 1680*1050, everything set to max :

[shot]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/8545/screenshot00000ih7.jpg[/shot]

[shot]http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/6020/screenshot00000xp3.jpg[/shot]

Incredible !!! Loading time is much faster and I get much better FPS even if the resolution is a lot higher. The new hardware is simply greeaaaaat So,

Before : Athlon64 3700+, 1 GB DDR400 CL2.5, Geforce 7800GT 256 MB
                Now : Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, 4 GB OCZ DDR2 800 CL3.5, GeForce 8800GT 512 MB

Get ready for private testing... he he he

Comment

but for genesis you won't need this pc
                  I get between 120 and 180 fps on it

Comment

lol duno this map bt cud u lyk post a link 2 the download plz

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Elite Slayer View Post
                      lol duno this map bt cud u lyk post a link 2 the download plz
                      genesis?
                      It's not released yet, soon i'll start a thread with RC1

Comment

Congrats on winning the devmode contest. I do think this map needed more work in the way of polish ... optimization more importantly as I really couldn't get into playing (without having to turn stuff down and on my system if I have to do that then the map can be optimized to a much greater degree) for any length of time. I am hoping you release a version without so many trees and maybe sans the underground part so that the frame rate is a lot better and the map could be for 4-6 players ... also that would really help the PS3 version because as it is now the performance on the PS3 is not good at all. But now that you have won a PS3 you can do a lot more testing in house and learn how to make maps that work really good on both platforms. Now you can get MGS4 and see what all the fuss is about ... but skip Haze ... it is garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                          Congrats on winning the devmode contest. I do think this map needed more work in the way of polish ... optimization more importantly as I really couldn't get into playing (without having to turn stuff down and on my system if I have to do that then the map can be optimized to a much greater degree) for any length of time. I am hoping you release a version without so many trees and maybe sans the underground part so that the frame rate is a lot better and the map could be for 4-6 players ... also that would really help the PS3 version because as it is now the performance on the PS3 is not good at all. But now that you have won a PS3 you can do a lot more testing in house and learn how to make maps that work really good on both platforms. Now you can get MGS4 and see what all the fuss is about ... but skip Haze ... it is garbage.
                          Thanks AnubanUT2
                          Yay I won!!
                          Yes i know it needs a bit more optimisation, i'll make a 1.1 version in some time. And yes i won a PS3 so i can finally test my maps on it
                          But... wow on your quadcore with both vid cards you have lack of fps? Maybe your System is overfloated or something? On my pentium dualcore and single 8800gt i get MIN 40 fps in one place on shrift with about 8 bots

PS tommorow i'll start the beta thread of Project Genesis - my first atempt to create an indoor map

Comment

I guess that min of 40 fps for UT just seems unplayable for me. I am used to getting no less than 53-56 fps on the larger maps and usually stay at 62 fps throughout gameplay on max settings @ 1650x1080. Now in Crysis 40fps would be a dream ... I usually get 30 fps on Very High settings. . Its not that I don't like the map its just that I get too much inconsistency in terms of fps for my tastes ... but obviously it works fine for plenty of other folks. Maybe with less trees and better optimization I will have a more enjoyable time. And again welcome to the PS3 gamers club. Now go out and get your copy of UT3 for the PS3 ... its cheap these days. I think you can find it as low as $30 some places.

Comment

Hi Genthly! Congrats on winning! Are you ever going to do a final for PS3? I have the RC2, it works great, haven't had any problems with it. Just wondering. Can't wait to try Genesis!

Comment

hey The Demon Slick
                                I'll finish shrift for PS3 when i'll get my lovely PS3
                                Then i can test it in every inch.
                                Soon we'll be playing on PS3

Comment

Working...
                                X