Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi there,

i just registered at the forum for only one thing:

i want to thank you for this unbelievable map. i loaded it last weekend and found myself playing it for hours and hours (surprisingly - as my ut3-fever went away during the last weeks). it is so beautiful, close to art... i love the little beach with its dead wood and the broken ship.
    man, if this is your second map how will be the next ones ?
    do you have any experience with other editors and games?

thank you again and if i forgot to mention:

this map is awesome!!!!

this was the map i wanted to create, but i was lightyears away from being able to do it like that. so the only bad thing about it is, that i gave up my own project before starting it...

Comment

Originally posted by vldn View Post
      hi there,

i just registered at the forum for only one thing:

i want to thank you for this unbelievable map. i loaded it last weekend and found myself playing it for hours and hours (surprisingly - as my ut3-fever went away during the last weeks). it is so beautiful, close to art... i love the little beach with its dead wood and the broken ship.
      man, if this is your second map how will be the next ones ?
      do you have any experience with other editors and games?

thank you again and if i forgot to mention:

this map is awesome!!!!

this was the map i wanted to create, but i was lightyears away from being able to do it like that. so the only bad thing about it is, that i gave up my own project before starting it...
      hehe, nice to hear that you registered to these great forums just for me
      Btw my next one is called Project Genesis, and in a few days i'll start a beta thread about it

I hope you'll like it

Comment

It's too bad that I didn't my DM-Botanica done in time for the MSU phase one

Comment

Genthly,

Sorry to hear you had problems uploading your map.

Please email me some information detailing the problems you had uploading your map for the mod contest. We certainly do not want to see peoples' work excluded because of an upload problem. You can email me at mark.rein@epicgames.com

If anyone else experienced similar problems please let us know. We're just starting to collate the entries and begin judging so there may (no promises) still be time to get them in.

Comment

When you make the PS3 version please don't include fallback materials for the custom materials you have that the cooker can't compile. I am anxious to check this out on the big screen. These summer days because of the office my PC is in I find myself playing the PS3 version more and more ... kinda ironic huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Rein View Post
              Genthly,

Please email me some information detailing the problems you had uploading your map for the mod contest. We certainly do not want to see peoples' work excluded because of an upload problem. You can email me at mark.rein@epicgames.com

If anyone else experienced similar problems please let us know. We're just starting to collate the entries and begin judging so there may (no promises) still be time to get them in.
              Thank you
              But it's already there, listed. I was taken care of

Comment

If you do make a PS3 version you will definitely need to optimize it ... as it is now it plays pretty poorly on my PS3 and it really takes away from the flow of the game. There are multiple places where the frame rates take pretty big hits so that you are constantly going up and down which does not make for a fun experience. The level looks nice though so hopefully when you fix the fallback material issue you can do some things to make the map run smoother on the PS3.

Comment

Woah!!!! Genesis Looks awesome!!! I started a map with a similair thme but gave up on it!!! Good luck mate!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                    If you do make a PS3 version you will definitely need to optimize it ...
                    I had help him a lot in the beta thread, only a tiny % of the ps3 users give him concrete feedback to help him out. So no surprise that the map is running not as smooth as the pc version.

You'll have to help him out if you want the ps3 version because at this point, for what I know, the ps3 version is finish.

Comment

Hey Gen,

These new Genesis pics look good Keep up... keep up...

Comment

I haven't got a copy of the Final for PS3, but the RC versions play great! As far as custom content... There isn't any! genthly if Mark Rein is posting in your thread, you know your map is generating a lot of buzz! Also, Genesis looks awesome, you are a major tease!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Rein View Post
                          Genthly,

Originally posted by The Demon Slick View Post
                          I haven't got a copy of the Final for PS3, but the RC versions play great! As far as custom content... There isn't any! genthly if Mark Rein is posting in your thread, you know your map is generating a lot of buzz! Also, Genesis looks awesome, you are a major tease!
                          Yeah, you're not being noticed by THE Mark Rein everyday
                          Feels good and makes me want to go on and on

Comment

Hey Gen

I'm maybe blind but I dont find the thread for Project Genesis anymore even after trying some search in all the forums ???

Comment

In the top 10 so far,congrats.

http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/sv_oldschool_topten.php

Comment

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
                                Hey Gen

I'm maybe blind but I dont find the thread for Project Genesis anymore even after trying some search in all the forums ???
                                yup, it was moved to user maps and modes. i deleted the title, and today or tommorow i'll start a new thread with it. and soon there'll be a beta

Originally posted by Freaky1 View Post
                                Thanks, just saw it

Comment

Working...
                                X