No announcement yet.

DM-Shrift by genthly --- MSU top10 --- DevMods contest winner --- 3DBuzz top10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just take a look on the stuff submitted to the MSUC and it's a shame that Shrift is not there

But, you didn't do it for nothing because you can enter in phase 2 or 3 later. More, we have another fabulous map to play with. So, your hard work is not for nothing. It is good for you to because you learn much the editor

Comment

Yeah i kinda didn't really mean "for nothing", i was really angry coz of all those nights without sleep just to make it to the contest, I'm happy that i'm done with that map, it was a hella good time, and i did get lots of feedback.

And most important! I'm happy that i could give you some good playing time
      Even without the contest it was worth the time it took, and if i could go back in time... i'd do it again

Comment

OK. got the first post on 3DBuzz.
        If anybody's interested in the creation process of this map then just hop to this site i'll update it as soon as i'm home

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about the MSU genthly, but as Stevelois said there is more phases to participate in even though it really sucks to miss it like this. I wish you luck with the 3Dbuzz competition

Comment

Nice map, especially for your second one.
            It has a nice theme and look, and excellent use of the stock content.

I can comment on it but I ask permission first. Or you can always PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DGUnreal View Post
              Nice map, especially for your second one.
              It has a nice theme and look, and excellent use of the stock content.

I can comment on it but I ask permission first. Or you can always PM.
              Go ahead
              I'd love to read what you think about it

Comment

FYI: devmods.com also has a mapping contest going until (I think) the 7th.

What I think about it?

Looks and overall design:
                It is a really good looking map with a nice theme and I like the fact that it isn't using the same-old UT3 look and textures. Definitely one of the best looking maps to come out of the community so far.

Technically:
                I have few comments. They are mostly technical, but a couple lean a bit towards personal preference. I would have had a bit more beta-test-time on it for the technical stuff before going release.
                The rest I'll PM'ed to you as soon as you clear some PM space, so everyone reading this can go ahead and boo me now.

Comment

Originally posted by DGUnreal View Post
                  FYI: devmods.com also has a mapping contest going until (I think) the 7th.

What I think about it?

Looks and overall design:
                  It is a really good looking map with a nice theme and I like the fact that it isn't using the same-old UT3 look and textures. Definitely one of the best looking maps to come out of the community so far.

Technically:
                  I have few comments. They are mostly technical, but a couple lean a bit towards personal preference. I would have had a bit more beta-test-time on it for the technical stuff before going release.
                  The rest I'll PM'ed to you as soon as you clear some PM space, so everyone reading this can go ahead and boo me now.

Sorry, forgot to delete it

Yes i'll collect some bugs untill MSU phase 2, it was my fault that i wanted to have it ready, i was a bit in a rush though, won't happen again

Comment

This got more beta testing than any other map I see! 60+ Pages! I find more bugs in stock maps than your map. Having said that, DGUnreal is also great mapper, and I respect his opinions.

Comment

Thx The Demon Slick

DGUnreal is right, there would be much to do - for a proffesional mapper. This is my second map, and as i read DG's feedback i didnt understand near a half of what he said
                      I still got much to learn. Besides a few bugs there are many things i know that they could be better, but with the experience i got i just don't know yet how to do this
                      I'll learn more and more while i'll be creating my new projects, and i will improve my 2 maps in some time after i get some more experience

Comment

I think I found why it's so appealing. Most other maps have some sort of foggy, scorched or in other ways unfamiliar look. This one is some what familiar earthly (could have been somewhere off the west coast of Ireland in broad day light. Somewhere you like to be there.

MSU or non MSU this is still a job well done

Comment

Thank you Lynch.
                          I've tried out probably every daylight-setting possible to get it as real as it is

Comment

This is really amazing. Thanks for this! A beautiful piece of work......

Comment

You've put in a ton of effort remodeling this thing. I have some of the earlier betas.

And though it makes me sad to see the Viking ship in pieces, it's a really marvelous job in level flow and design. The passage interconnections are complex, but not to the point of confusing; there's just a lot of sophistication in the paths, which is always a good thing.

Nice mix of open and closed / tight terrain. The "good stuff" is spread around pretty well, so no one spot guarantees victory.

And, of course, it's visually stunning. Really nice work with texture and color palette choice.

This thing is a joy to play. Looking forward to your future releases!

Comment

I really liked the map dude, thanks for making this piece of art!
                                Too bad my 8600GT doesn't feel the same, because I have to tune down some settings
                                to play this baby, but it's definately worth it! Good map, I'll continue playing now

Comment

Working...
                                X