• Time
  • Show
Clear All

With no custom content, this is great to submit for the 3DBuzz contest too

Comment

it's very refreshing, good work!

Comment

Sweet looking.

Obviously I'm a little late, but one minor quibble. It's like this map has "reverse HDR" Outside, looking at the cellar of the church it's rather light. But once I go into it, it darkens. Should be the other way around. Outside in the bright sunlight what I can see of the cellar should be comparatively dark. Once I go in, my eyes should adjust and it should get lighter.

Same thing looking out from the cellar to the outside. It looks rather dark, and once I go out, the sky lightens. Again, it should be the other way around. In the dim cellar with my pupils all large, what I can see of the outside should look pretty bright (think emerging from the mine in Half Life 2). Once I go out, the pupils should narrow and things should dim instead of lightening.

I'll just assume there was no good way in the editor to get the outside to look as light and the cellar as dark as you would have liked without adjusting the overall brightness levels as one went in and out, and it hardly looks terrible. Just a little backwards

Comment

Hey, Genth,

We've been talkin' and testin' Shrift a lot...
          Now I'm going back with memories, about three months ago...
          First screen from your miracle - a tree and a church...
          Then first alpha. I've played only one short match there and known it'll be the best map ever... sent you first PM on polish community site.
          Next alpha versions, RC versions, testing, testing, testing, discussing, improving...
          Layout was completely changed in this time... overall, everything except heart was changed...
          I'm trying to add up all nights which I spent playing Shrift, not sleeping. And I can't.
          And now it came to an end. It's final. It's bright and shiny. Perfect. I could say it's gorgeous, brilliant, great, excellent, fantastic but everyone knows that.
          It's just the BEST. Thank you again for your hard work and determination, thank you for heart you put to create this map.

What do you have to do now? Win the MSU Contest! First place awaits you now I know you'll do something with upload problems. Maybe you should write to Epic about it.
          2,5 months for nothing? No! Look at this also from positive angle. You've made something unique, you've made the best map ever, as I wrote above - also for us, players! You are proud of yourself and we are very proud of YOU. Doesn't it satisfies you?

Now you have time to rest, as you said to me - your Beauty, current work, school.
          But I'm counting on next projects, remember. And not only me counting I think

I believe you'll find a work that you're dreaming about.
          Good luck, Friend. Not only in the MSU of course. Just best wishes and good luck to you - in all your life.

Comment

Sorry to hear of your upload problems.Maybe a little feed back to epic on the upload problem would help,after all it's no contest without this map entered.

Uploading to server now and setting as the default map where it will remain.

Comment

genthly, rc played awesome on my PS3, so lame you didn't make deadline for MSU, you should still enter the 3dbuzz, unless that would disqualify you from msu phase 2. You can still do phase two without a phase 1 submission. I am totally PO'd that happened to you, I thought your map was in the top three I've seen in design, and the most polished. If the contest judges play UT3, they WILL see this map around everywhere. Whatever happens, Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by genthly View Post
                Seems there's no MSU for me...
                Tried to upload it 6 times, and now i'm running out of time
                Will try it untill epic won't let me. Every other upload site works for me, but not this one... 2,5 months of hard work for nothing...
                Afaik maps can also be entered during phases 2 & 3 of the MSUC, so you still have two chances left. And in any case you're bound to get noticed as a level designer.

Btw the 3DBuzz contest is not an option, unless you joined their forums a while back and posted at least 10 updates there, which I'm guessing isn't the case.

Comment

finally abble to play one of ur map...still have monster freezes on ur alp map (the only ut3 map that my little amd x2 refuse to run!....cant wait next rig update to punish it
                  so happy to cream this one without any pc troubble.....
                  wow if perfection exist in mapping...u re not far...all the map is original ....big thx for that baby

there s a rain of fantastic maps theses days ..woohoo

Comment

Originally posted by 4TX4 View Post
                    Btw the 3DBuzz contest is not an option, unless you joined their forums a while back and posted at least 10 updates there, which I'm guessing isn't the case.
                    My bad, I forgot about that, in which case it is indeed not really an option.

Comment

Nice to see a full release of this. It looks absolutely stunning and best luck on the MSU contest. I think you will place high with this

Comment

If you had problems, email epic and make sure they know so that they can correct the problem you had with uploading. If it was on their end they should still accept your submission regardless.

Comment

Beautiful, found myself still smiling while my machine struggled with the frame rate. Amazing job thanks

Comment

genthly, sorry to say but the ps3 version is amazing on gameplay but i found that on deathmatch (not team idk if having team colours would help it out, i remember it did on my laptop while playing ut2k4) with 15 other bots and the game installed so u all know the context, that the graphics were automatically scaled. idk but it mite also be worth knowing that i was using the "kills slow time" and "action cam 1.0" mutators. Still bloody amazing tho.

*edit: after reading the first page i think this was the wrong place to post this, sorry. Good luck btw

Comment

Originally posted by Starfox444 View Post
                              genthly, sorry to say but the ps3 version is amazing on gameplay but i found that on deathmatch (not team idk if having team colours would help it out, i remember it did on my laptop while playing ut2k4) with 15 other bots and the game installed so u all know the context, that the graphics were automatically scaled. idk but it mite also be worth knowing that i was using the "kills slow time" and "action cam 1.0" mutators. Still bloody amazing tho.

*edit: after reading the first page i think this was the wrong place to post this, sorry. Good luck btw
                              I believe this is pc version,read the whole post.Dah

Comment

Hi again, Thx for the comments
                                I'll answer them all a bit later, but i found this (3Dbuzz):

"What if the map we're about to submit is already created?

We don't have a problem with this. The same rules apply, though. You must create a thread and make updates outlining the progress of your map. If this means you have to go through and tear your map apart to make progress updates, then so be it. Odds are you could improve any map by getting feedback from others so what you think is a finished map may not truly be finished."

So I'll be there

Comment

Working...
                                X