Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

DM-Shrift by genthly --- MSU top10 --- DevMods contest winner --- 3DBuzz top10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Shrift by genthly --- MSU top10 --- DevMods contest winner --- 3DBuzz top10

Name: DM-Shrift
    Author: Michael - genthly - Gmur
    Version: FINAL

Homepage (Music): www.myspace.com/genthly - updated 18.09.2008
    Download (PC):
    DM-Shrift (FileFront)
    DM-Shrift (Fileplanet)

If anybody's interested in the creation process of this map then just hop to this site

Credits & special thx:
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Special thanks to Stevelois in Epic forums for his precious advices, comments, suggestions, testing, feedback and help me to go at some point in the dev process in the right direction. Thanx man! Also BIG thx to Eight for figuring out how to change the grass material colour. Special thanks to Skynet2017 for his lovely, inspiring poem ; ) Of course BIG thx to Epic for their brilliant Unreal Engine, and the guys from the tutorial videos : ).
    Thx to Moniq, Siriondel, FreEp, Piciu, Azbest, and all the EpicGamesForums community!!!

Story:
    After years of fighting the contestants were getting more and more bored. They tried out every new place they've found, they even tried to create some new ones... But this didn't help either. Until one day - one of them found this island. First it was fun. But after some time the fighters were getting too comfortable, they didn't accept that this island belongs to every one of them. They didn't know this place was pure evil. Now they're fighting for real, turned from friends into bloodthirsty enemies, wanting to have this place only for themselves.

Don't go there, you might not come back...

Hey Folks
    This is my 2nd map
    It has gone through a very long way, and finally it's done.
    NO CUSTOM CONTENT, only thing custom is music made by me

MSU - top10
    3DBuzz oldschool contest top10
    DevMods contest winner

PS. Epic feel free to hire me : D

if theres no custom content then how come i cant find those models in the editor?

did you mean 100percent custom content??

Comment

I've been looking forward to this one...

Comment

Originally posted by eldraco View Post
        if theres no custom content then how come i cant find those models in the editor?

Maybe it's all CSG?

Comment

Originally posted by eldraco View Post

Because this mapper as talent, imagination, skills, curiosity and patience.

He test, change, re-test, re-change until it's perfect. Believe me or not, that's why it doesn't look like stock stuff at all but it is.

I'm one of the testers. Go in the beta thread for complete dev. It is really all stock stuff a part the music

This new mapper is an example of HQ mapping

Comment

Yep, it's hard to believe there is no custom contents. I'm glad this is finally released. Looks really really good.

Comment

Yup, no custom content here
              Thx for the comments guys, D/L in 1 hour

Comment

Congratulations genthly! I wasn't sure if it would ever get your own personal final approval. Nobody is as tough on genthly as genthly! This map has been sweet for months! Good luck in the contest, I know the judges will be blown away. I am.

Comment

Originally posted by The Demon Slick View Post
                  Congratulations genthly! I wasn't sure if it would ever get your own personal final approval. Nobody is as tough on genthly as genthly! This map has been sweet for months! Good luck in the contest, I know the judges will be blown away. I am.
                  Thanks The Demon Slick
                  For now this thread is for the PC version.
                  PS3 will still be on the beta thread, btw. did RC2 run on your PS3?

Comment

Seems there's no MSU for me...
                    Tried to upload it 6 times, and now i'm running out of time
                    Will try it untill epic won't let me. Every other upload site works for me, but not this one... 2,5 months of hard work for nothing...

Comment

Originally posted by BuffyTheSlayer
                      Id like to post my screenshot here too

If you don't mind i'll add them to the initial post (?)

Comment

yay ! Final is out !

and thanks use my screenshot too !

Comment

OK. Didn't mke it to upload to MSU thx to Fileplanet

Filefront made it. Go get it on the initial post

Comment

NO! your not serious! God i cant believe that could happen to you!!! Maybe if you let someone else upload it for you?!

Comment

After playing for a while, the final is...
                              Ah...
                              So sweet and adorable

I don't know how long I had browse around before playing even if I had play through all release (private & public) Paying attention to details and polishing that you made, I'm simply amazed

To the community, I say that this is my personal best-of-the-best UT3 outdoor map so far Including retail map, all bonus map pack (Epic Bonus Pack 1, UT3Dom, CBP3 vol. 1) and by professional mappers (Hourences, DGUnreal, Slainchild, name it !). I just wish that the new mappers take example out of this sympatic guy

And Genthly,

The latest changes/polishing you made for the sky, caverns, rocks, waterfalls and others that I won't comment are just, well... mmm... heu... gorgeous

Hope that you'll be ok for the MSUC ! I know you made everything to upload the map on fileplanet before the headline and it would be very frustrating and deceiving to finally know that the map didn't enter phase 1

Also, best of luck and BIG BIG THX for the map

Comment

Working...
                              X