X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-AudioRoyalle [DLx2] [Pics] [100% custom content]

1. Name: The Audio Royalle
    2. Version: Uncooked Version 1.0
    3. Compatibility: Created on UT3 1.2, I don't foresee any problems going back, though.
    4. Description: This is a Deathmatch map taking place in the high-class nightclub "Audio Royalle"
    5. Comments: All static meshes, textures, materials and sounds are custom built. The music is by Murai From CO. This map is uncooked. For the life of me I can't get it to cook. If anyone would like to take a stab at cooking this map before the Phase One MSU, I'll gladly put you in the credits.
    6. Screenshots:
    [shot]http://kazeohin.googlepages.com/pressshot1.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://kazeohin.googlepages.com/pressshot2.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://kazeohin.googlepages.com/pressshot3.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://kazeohin.googlepages.com/pressshot4.jpg[/shot]
    7. Credits: Myself, and MaruaiCo. Listen to some of his music Here
    8. Portfolio: My Portfolio
    9. Download:
    DM-AudioRoyalle.rar from MediaFire
    DM-AudioRoyalle.rar from Fileplanet
    Filesize 60+mb

Had a go, wow! You've done a really awesome job, great theme, everything looks fantastic and it has a great atmosphere.

I've had a quick play around with trying to cook it, there were a few suspect things in kismet but that didn't fix it for now..
    This is such as great map, I'll keep trying and see if I can find the problem

(so much eye-candy - it really does need to be cooked, will help optimize it as well as heavily reduce the filesize)

Comment

wow ! I love those colors

really love it !
      make more beautifull map like this please
      thank you

Comment

Hi. Nice Map

Hey Map looks great and unique. Im waiting for it to be cooked for PS3.
        My laptop's not powerful enough for gaming so had to get console.
        Like I said map is UNIQUE and cool. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Funky colors. Let's have a look.

Comment

Ok, here are some things you should look at (for cooking problem) :

1. Error: References object contained in editor-only package 'StaticMesh EditorMeshes.TexPropSphere'.
            (I cant figure this one out, you should have a better idea for what this might be talking about - whatever it is delete it)

2. Error: SkeletalMeshActor has no PhysicsAsset assigned (create a PhysicsAsset for the moving light mesh, im guessing)

3. There's some unlinked stuff floating around in kismet - delete it.
            Plus in the main light sequence, one of the objects is "???" and probably should be linked to a light or whatnot like the rest.

4. If the above are fixed and it still doesnt work, I would look at splitting your main subtractive BSP mesh into a series of smaller peices - currently its just a single (quite complicated) one. Split it into smaller (simpler) sections probably at least 10 separate pieces.

You should fix all of these issues, then see how it goes..

Comment

Thanks everyone for the feedback! It makes me feel great joy to have so many "Wow"s in one thread, especially having lost many hours of sleep over this map. I'm going to try to cook it before I send it off to the MSU, so I'm going to take a stab at fixing those issues from Sneh:

1. Beats the **** out of me. I've gotten this error from before the pre-alpha stages. You can bet I've tried just about everything in my library to get rid of it.

2. Trying to see if there is a way to do this without impacting the FPS

3. Done and Done

4. It was imported as one big triangulated mesh (from what I hear this doesn't impact the FPS as much as a bunch of CSG cuts and divisions, but I could be wrong) and breaking it up at this point would be out of the question (MSU P1 ends in less than 20 hours) so I'm hoping this is not the issue.

Comment

maybe you need to put your custom content inside the map's file in the generic browser.
                it helped me a lot with dm-chimerantemple (its not released yet cause im a noob when it comes to zipping, but expect screens today!!!!)

Comment

The map looks and feels great, very unique! Urban scenarios have always been my favourite map style, I just wish I had a better graphic card to play it smoth on higher resolutions with all the video settings maxed out. Mine is 8600GT :P
                  Congratulations and thanks for letting me take a small part on it, doing the song (which is called Redeemer, although there´s no Redeemer on the map LOL).

Comment

Well, as everybody said - NICE I like it very much, original atmosphere and this music rocks
                    But 140 MB? Don't mind of course but it's quite heavy

Comment

Originally posted by KazeoHin View Post
                      1. Beats the **** out of me. I've gotten this error from before the pre-alpha stages. You can bet I've tried just about everything in my library to get rid of it.
                      You might even have to somehow start a fresh map, and somehow (hopefully theres an easy way) copy or import everything in.
                      (its strange how in the Map Check, for Level and Actor it says <None>)

Comment

**** this looks good, not gonna wait for the cooked version!

Comment

That first error about the editor only mesh I searched the forums for a solution to that because I had the same error and basically the fix is... just cook with the error. The map will cook through it and return no errors or warnings in the cook. Also Even with that error I havent noticed anything wrong with my map.
                          I was able to find what refrenced it but I was never able to implement the actor without getting that error. With me it was the screencapture2d actor. Anyway... bottom line just cook through that and see if you can find any errors while playing, and then see if others can play it error free... if so just call it windows and ship with the bug.

Comment

I was able to get rid of all the errors and fix up everything in Kismet: but the map still won't cook. Thanks for all your help, guys; but it looks like destiny has other plans for this map.

Aslo: This map plays really well (20+ FPS) with maxed settings on my Athlon 3400+ with 7800GS: Thus meaning it should run like Butter on anyones machine. Pluss, The 'World Detail' settings can be adjusted to allow this map to run on older computers as well.

Edit: were you guys able to find some of my humorous "Easter-Eggs"?

Comment

pure fun map with normal weapons ...héhé cant wait to play it in instagib

Comment

Working...
                              X