Released: Battle Team/Freezetag Arena V9.1 [UPDATED]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Released: Battle Team/Freezetag Arena V9.1 [UPDATED]

Battle Team/Freezetag Arena (BTFA) contains 4 game types where only the most skilled players will win the match. You not only have to kill, you also have to survive to win this.

With Battle Team Arena (BTA) you can die only once. Once all members of a team are eliminated the other team gets a point and wins the round. Then a new round starts. You have to win a configurable number of rounds to win the game.

With Battle Freezetag Arena (BFA) instead of getting killed you can get frozen. Once all members of a team are frozen or dead the other team gets a point and wins the round. Then a new round starts. You have to win a configurable number of rounds to win the game.

New in V9.1:
    * The new spawn logic (which keeps space between teams) now works better with custom maps.
    * Players now spawn closer to team mates.
    * Late game entry detection now only kills you if you spawn when a round has been going on for over 15 seconds.
    * If you get killed for late game entry, you now no longer lose a point.
    * The HUD now permanently shows who you are spectating (now also in networked mode).
    * The clock is now only shown if there is a time limit.
    * Improved lazy stat replication so F3 (stats) now works better when you are dead.
    * Changed the HUD to always show the team scores.
    * Added thaws to the game statistics (in addition to the round statistics).

Download: http://bigbattleservers.com/ut3mods.php (includes instructions and full GPL V3 sourcecode).

Round and game statistics:

In game admin settings dialog (most settings work immediately):

Detailed player statistics:

3D Radar, info panels, frozen BFA player:

Nice...will install right now^^

Comment

Originally posted by [PHX]Big_Deal View Post
      Nice...will install right now^^
      Great! Can you please let me know if it works now with custom maps and larger amounts of players?

Comment

Excellent, installed on our server, will play test tonite, hope the round scores will stay on top now too.

Comment

Originally posted by BattleMode View Post
          Great! Can you please let me know if it works now with custom maps and larger amounts of players?
          Yeah....I will report asap when server fills up tonight.

Comment

More rpg updates please! Ive seen 3 versions of this come out since 10.1 .

Looks cool though

Comment

Battlemode.......
              I just installed UT3 DOM.
              There is a map in there called "CDOM-Contrast.ut3".
              It doesn't show up in BTFA.
              Is this because of the odd "CDOM" name?
              Could you add the ability to play the new DOM maps??
              (This is a really nice map).

Comment

Originally posted by MasterB View Post
                Battlemode.......
                I just installed UT3 DOM.
                There is a map in there called "CDOM-Contrast.ut3".
                It doesn't show up in BTFA.
                Is this because of the odd "CDOM" name?
                Could you add the ability to play the new DOM maps??
                (This is a really nice map).
                UTBattleTeamArena.ini:

Prefixes=CDOM|DOM|DM

etc.

Comment

Props to the work you have put into this project. I have been hesitent to check out some mods, but I had tons of fun with freon during UT2K4. We recently loaded this mod on one of our servers and it was a refreshing thing to play again, especially with some good custom maps.

Comment

Originally posted by Cha-Chi View Post
                    Props to the work you have put into this project. I have been hesitent to check out some mods, but I had tons of fun with freon during UT2K4. We recently loaded this mod on one of our servers and it was a refreshing thing to play again, especially with some good custom maps.
                    Ah that is good to hear! What is the address of your server?

Comment

I replaced V9 with an updated V9.1 version now:

V9 -> V9.1
                      * Fixed bug to make HUD show who you are spectating in networked mode.
                      * Improved lazy stat replication so F3 (stats) now works better when you are dead.
                      * Changed the HUD to always show the team scores.
                      * Added thaws to the game statistics (in addition to the round statistics).

Download: http://bigbattleservers.com/ut3mods.php (includes instructions and full GPL V3 sourcecode).

Comment

Originally posted by Al View Post
                        UTBattleTeamArena.ini:
                        Prefixes=CDOM|DOM|DM
                        etc.
                        Thanks.
                        I wonder if BTFA can deal with the Domination "flags". We will see.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterB View Post
                          Thanks. I wonder if BTFA can deal with the Domination "flags". We will see.
                          It removes all items from the map, so it will probably remove those as well.

Comment

Can you give admins the option of allowing hoverboards while playing BTA in the next version please.

Btw we have been playing this alot on our server, the mod is almost perfect now for the clan scene, a Clanbase BTA ladder will be up soon, thanks for all the hard work battlemode.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyzmyass View Post
                              Can you give admins the option of allowing hoverboards while playing BTA in the next version please.
                              I have a separate MOD that allows this: BattleTRANS. Can be downloaded from http://bigbattleservers.com/ut3mods.php. With the "mutate btset translocatormode off" setting you can use it to just enable the hoveboard.

Originally posted by Cyzmyass View Post
                              Btw we have been playing this alot on our server, the mod is almost perfect now for the clan scene, a Clanbase BTA ladder will be up soon, thanks for all the hard work battlemode.
                              Cool! Please let me know when this happens and send me the URL's where I can find this.

Comment

Working...
                              X