vCTF-Asunder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

feedback

You use this staticmesh alot, however, the texture is stretched and it does not look good. replace.

You can fall right through this bridge, and plus are we even meant to be allowed out here.

These weapon lockers are hovering

You can see out of the map here

Some more:

If you are entering in the MSUC then the maps need to be perfect, add preview screens, a description and all of those other little details.

you need to make a minimap.

rock collision needs to be worked on

i hope you take the time to fix these problems, This map is worth it.

Comment

Xyius, everybody who has posted feedback here except for heathward - and now me - are excellent mappers in thier own right. You should listen to them, check thier work yourself, you will see it is top notch. Also, I follow the beta threads like a hawk, and I don't recall ever seeing this most excellent looking map there. Usually they go there first, we all try to help with good feedback, then the mapper will make changes or not as they see fit, and eventually the map goes final. You might consider moving the thread there, or not, as you see fit... good luck in the contest.
      heathward, if you make maps, apologies, I am just personally not familiar with your work.
      And oh yeah, are there any plans to make this available for the PS3?

Comment

The map needs a lot of collision-related fixing, blocking volumes required.
        Walking on the ground, I find myself getting snagged on invisible / jagged collision all over the map.
        Some of the rocky areas need finer / smoother collision (most likely needs blocking volumes, keep it simple and smooth)

There are too many places to mention any particular area, it is map-wide, and I cant comment on pure gameplay due to being occupied getting stuck everywhere.

Visually though, the map looks pretty good - just needs some work in other areas mentioned

Comment

I have to say that I was really impressed with the overall visuals of this map and really liked what the author has done here. The ONLY things really keeping it from a permanent place on my HD are the collision issues mentioned above and the insta-kill water in front of the red base. Other than that it's outstanding work and I'm hoping the author returns to correct these issues so that we can enjoy this map long into the future.

Comment

just play this map and it suck big time point 1
            its easy too get with a tank too a enemy base with and spawn kill the enemy
            bad fps
            when i get out the map i just dont die i cheap on falling and i have too press F10 and kill my self
            there is no avril in this map the next time if you make a map plz reales a beta so pll can find bugs and help you with you maps

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate how much time you took to tell me the flaws. Even though I entered this for Phase 2, I think I will fix the problems you suggested and re-enter it in phase 3. And I think I will make it a CTF map rather than a vCTF map. It just seems to work better.

Comment

good too read that this map get better cant wait

Comment

Originally posted by Xyius View Post
                  Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate how much time you took to tell me the flaws. Even though I entered this for Phase 2, I think I will fix the problems you suggested and re-enter it in phase 3. And I think I will make it a CTF map rather than a vCTF map. It just seems to work better.
                  I didn't knew you could re-enter? Anyway, good luck on your project.

Comment

Why shouldn't you be allowed to re-enter?
                    As far as I'm concerned, if you didn't win anything it's fair game for a next phase.

Comment

Just played this one again but this time on my new system and it has nice effects with the foliage, falling leaves and water, but navigation is a PITA. Rocks are a nightmare to cross and lots of sticking points and places to fall and you can't get to any of the cool bridges. This really affects the gameplay, but the bots aren't too bad. Has this one been fixed yet?

Here's a working link anyway:
                      http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?di...TF-Asunder.rar

EDIT: ...and the preview shot doesn't appear in the map list, so maybe it's not linked correctly in the INI file but not sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X