DM-Monastery All custom content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Monastery All custom content

* THIS MAP IS BEING EDITED, AND WILL BE RE-SUBMITTED FRIDAY NIGHT (JUNE 20th) OR SATURDAY EVENING. *

A monastery nestled within a thick forest overlooking a massive waterfall.

This map is 90% custom content. All materials, models, mapping, texture work, normals, etc was done by me. Credits for some textures go to cgtextures.com.

This is my entry in the "Make something Unreal contest", as well as my first map for Unreal 3.

Here are some thumbnails of the map:

wow looks good i mean great but i cant download it i can only download when i pay but i not `a big fan of fileplanet so i cant play it

Comment

any chance of an alternate download site? im having a bad day with fileplanet...

- P

Comment

None of the free fileplanet links work.

Comment

Yep, can't download it either.

Comment

I dont know why its not working, but I re-uploaded it to filefront. Here is the correct link. (the link is updated above as well)

http://files.filefront.com/DM+Monast.../fileinfo.html

BTW, should I re-submit my map through makesomethingunreal.com? If its not working on fileplanet does that mean Epic cannot judge it?

Comment

OMG, this is gorgeous! I just LOVE open, freespace maps! Downloading now! Then I'll try to tell more

Comment

I really would love some feedback

The idea around this map was to try to do something unreal usually does not do, which is a nice sunny athmosphere within nature, contrast to unreals dark and dreary arenas (Nothing wrong with that at all, but sometimes you need sunlight, even in games now and then ).

Comment

Originally posted by Xyos212 View Post
                  The idea around this map was to try to do something unreal usually does not do, which is a nice sunny athmosphere within nature, contrast to unreals dark and dreary arenas (Nothing wrong with that at all, but sometimes you need sunlight, even in games now and then ).
                  And these are my favourite maps I'm downloading currently all your maps you've released today I'm back from work half an hour ago and what I see! A lot of new maps and almost all are open and bright! Have to try everythin'

Comment

This is the only map I submitted. My brother, Xyius (Ya names alike, were brothers, corny eh?) Submitted the others. They are all pretty fun, so enjoy and hope to get some feedback

Comment

Love the screenshots

At last, it's very refreshing to see shiny outdoors maps coming out

The screens look very good but I just hope that it is not all about good visuals.

I'll give a try tonight. I'm very curious to see the custom content

Comment

At first I started out as a map dedicated to visual quality, but after it was all finished it played pretty mediocre. I spent a couple days almost re-making the layout of the map in order for it to be very satisfying gameplay wise. I think it turned out nicely getting the best of both worlds

Comment

Tried it and I have to say that I have complete different feelings... I like the general layout, gameplay and great visuals but there are also some not good (for me) things, like trees, connectings of wall textures, quite strange shadows and some other very small graphics bugs. I've got some pics but they are low-res (my comp is too weak for playing UT3 with high resolutions)

Item placement, gameplay, bot support are really good for me. One thing - slow field not suits there I think.

Comment

The slow field is abit out of place, but its an under-used very fun pickup, and I figured it would be fun

As for shadows I like to keep mine a bit darker. Maps seem to love to dilute them with skylights. I do have a skylight, but on a small integer. It might be the lightmap scale which you are addressing.

I appreciate the feedback. I dont know if I will edit this map again, but I will keep those in mind for future maps

Comment

Man, you don't have to edit it, it's great and it's ATMOSPHERE is great (this is what I exactly love )! These things are small and don't influence on the gameplay in any way Also understood your reasons.

Overall - excellent work, counting on next maps, as good as Monastery

Comment

Working...
                              X