Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UT3DOM - Unreal Tournament 3: Domination Only Mod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nps, were always around for fans of UT. Have been for a long time too.

http://www.gamingsa.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31

Comment

• Originally posted by Kinsman View Post
      Nps, any help appreciated, my xfire= kinsman

I guess you realise all those servers are adelaide based.
      DOM Servers in SA..woot!!
      Just the right distraction I need from mapping.
      Out of interest are you running version 1.8.1?

Regarding issues with rotation I won't be able to help you as I've only ever ran an online server for me and a couple of mates. Maybe as Fragtastic suggested chat to other peeps who have tried running DOM servers? Hopefully one of them will respond to help you out.

Regarding cooking probs I had sorted them a while back and had been liasing with HKLM about that externally from the forums. Maps will cook with no probs if the content files are contained within the unpublished dirs(which HKLM has done for the latest version). If you're lucky like me eventually the maps will cook without the files under unpublished.

My only issue now is the crashing with DblDom gametypes and some strange gfx issues on my Decay map when cooking the DOM version. Admittidly I haven't looked at them recently as I'm dedicating my time to my warfare map. Sometime in the future I'll look into them again.

Comment

• Yep, its 1.81. I think the main problem is the weird maplist requirements, which I have no idea how to write, as I dont know any of the control point names.

http://www.gamingsa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5933

War map eh, I'm thinking of giving this dom server away as a bad joke soon, could easily replace it with a War Server running custom maps.

Comment

• Server is up and working now. Be aware it takes a looooong time to rotate maps, I also had to disable mapvote as it doesnt appear to work properly.

I have a suspicion removing this from the commandline fixed the scoring on other maps.

MaxControlPoints=1

Although there are now 3 control points per map vs 2 since removing that.

Also I have no idea what most of this does, or why theres only one map there.

[UTDom.Domination]
          NumOfTeams=2
          MaxControlPoints=32
          bUseMapList=True
          bUseTranslocator=True
          bUnlimitedTranslocator=True
          bUseHoverboard=False
          bUnlockedVehicles=False
          bVehiclesCanCapturePoints=False
          TimeLimit=20
          CurrentMapName=
          bAllowNonTeamChat=False
          bWarmupRound=False
          bForceMidGameMenuAtStart=False
          NetWait=10
          ClientProcessingTimeout=30
          WarmupTime=0
          LateEntryLives=1
          ResetTimeDelay=0
          MaxCustomChars=12
          GoalScore=100
          MaxLives=0
          MapList=(MapName="DOM-Cinder",bEnabled=False,ControlPoints=("Lava"))

Comment

• Why would you change the default from 2 teams to 3 teams in the original Domination mode? Other than to confuse simpletons like myself?

Surely much better to keep the default as 2, and then later you can add the GUI to change the configuration to 3?

Comment

• That setting is in the game.ini section I just posted, that much I know.

Comment

• I am unable to play this mod . I tried using the Windows installer and redirect it to the main installation folder because I use the -nohomedir switch and it would not let me install anything there. I also tried installing the manual version and put everything in the correct folders and UT3 crashes when I try and play a DOM game.

Comment

• Originally posted by FragTastic View Post
                  No-one else could tell me how to cook my DOM map and have the instructions work.
                  I can tell you how to properly cook a DOM map. You must have UT3Dom 1.8.1 and the official 1.3 patch installed. Then just follow the revised instructions in the UTDomHelp.htm file.
                  After a very long troubleshooting I have found the exact cause of why people had problems cooking Dom maps. For custom gametype mods, map authors have to have the original unpublished version of the mod packages. And now with the 1.8.1 release I have included the unpublished UT3Dom packages required to properly cook dom maps.

Originally posted by FragTastic View Post
                  There is a guy with a US server up they may be able to help, I think it wolverine? but im not 100% sure. If you search for servers in UT3 under DOM u should be able to find it.
                  the wolvy server has never been correctly setup and even I cant connect to it without a package version error.

Originally posted by FragTastic View Post
                  I also have hassles with mine where it always rotates back to the same map no matter whether ive done a map rotation or not, but i have an old 1.6 copy ( or whichever version orig full release was)
                  Yes the 1st release is 1.6 and you should upgrade the server and your own client to 1.8.1. The map list issue has been fixed along with some other bugs, see changelog below.

ChangeLog from version 1.6 to 1.8.1
                  • - 0000017: [Gameplay] Map change failing in instant action
                  • - 0000018: [Gameplay] Map list is blank
                  • Fixed issue with one player from each team getting points other teammates should be getting. The mod now correctly gives the points to the right players.
                  • Fixed issue with at changing to the next map it would allways go to CDOM-Contrast
                  • Fixed issue when trying to join a server, you either receive a error, get kicked back to the main menu, or the game crashes. This was because of the UTMT_Content file and this file has been removed from the mod.
                  • Fixed issue with Bots not being able to capture control points.
                  • Fixed issue with the MapList Struct not working correctly.
                  • Fixed issue when playing on a server the Control Point staticmesh would delay from the time a player captures it to when it becomes the mesh for the new controlling team.
                  • Fixed issue with Map authors not being able to cook their maps.
                  • Added better Map author support for Cooking their maps by releasing the Unpublished mod packages.
                  • Corrected some info in the UTDomHelp.htm file.
                  • Moved the config settings from UTDom.ini to UTGame.ini

Also if you do upgrade your server or your client, you should uninstall / delete all of the old version of UT3Dom before you begin the install for the new version. This is to ensure that you will end up with the correct version of the files. Mixing differant versions of UT3Dom packages/maps will cause problems and most likely prevent the server from starting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fuzzm4n View Post
                    I am unable to play this mod . I tried using the Windows installer and redirect it to the main installation folder because I use the -nohomedir switch and it would not let me install anything there. I also tried installing the manual version and put everything in the correct folders and UT3 crashes when I try and play a DOM game.
                    Where ever you have your Published folder, the parent folder of the Published folder is the location you should install to.

Some info on the Windows Installer version:
                    When you change the location of where to install to, the installer verifies the new location by checking if there is a Published folder at this new location. And only if the Published folder is a subfolder of the location you picked, will it allow you to install.
                    Manualy creating the Published folder will allow you to continue with the install, but besure that you are creating it in the correct location that the game will use.

And for the reason why UT3 crashes. Right after it crashes, look at the end of your log file for the cause of the crash.

Comment

• I installed the mod using the manual version and used the exact same file structure under the C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame. I put each of the files and folders in the correct area they were suppose to be in according to the zip file structure.

Being that the log file is too large to post here is part of the last bit of the log file.

Code:
                      Critical: appError called:
                      Critical: Assertion failed: GIsEditor [File:.\Src\Texture2D.cpp] [Line: 627]
                      Cannot create textures at run-time in the game [unable to find DOM_Content]
                      Stack: 
                      Critical: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed successfully. (0)
                      Log: === Critical error: ===
                      Assertion failed: GIsEditor [File:.\Src\Texture2D.cpp] [Line: 627]
                      Stack: 

RaiseException() Address = 0x75e5f35f (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\syswow64\kernel32.dll]
                      CxxThrowException() Address = 0x73128e89 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.1434_none_d08b6002442c891f\MSVCR80.dll]
                      Address = 0xba0102   (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe]
                      Address = 0xe873184c (filename not found) 
                      Address = 0xe873184c (filename not found)

Comment

• Originally posted by HKLM View Post

the wolvy server has never been correctly setup and even I cant connect to it without a package version error.

eventually i get around to fixing it one of these days...lol

to be honest i've been real busy with trying to finish DOM-Sesmar. hopefully this weekend both things will be taking care off

p.s so we putting a map pack together, or should i release solo?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fuzzm4n View Post
                          Code:
                          That line there tells you whats going on. The engine can not find the file DOM_Content. So what that means is that you have the file in the wrong location. If you install to the main UT3 install location, you will need to put all the script and content packages all into the same folder at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\

Put all the published .u and .upk files into this folder and not any subfolders. EXCEPT for the file UI_UT3Dom.upk put that file only into the UI folder. See below for the default locations on a 64bit version of Windows.
                          • C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\DOM_Content.upk
                          • C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\DOM_MTContent.upk
                          • C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\UTDom.u
                          • C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\UTDomWebAdmin.u
                          • C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\UTMultiTeam.u
                          • C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\UTMultiTeamContent.u
                          • C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\UI\UI_UT3Dom.upk

Comment

• Originally posted by HKLM View Post
                            That line there tells you whats going on. The engine can not find the file DOM_Content. So what that means is that you have the file in the wrong location. If you install to the main UT3 install location, you will need to put all the script and content packages all into the same folder at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\

Put all the published .u and .upk files into this folder and not any subfolders. EXCEPT for the file UI_UT3Dom.upk put that file only into the UI folder. See below for the default locations on a 64bit version of Windows.
                            • C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\DOM_Content.upk
                            • C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\DOM_MTContent.upk
                            • C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\UTDom.u
                            • C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\UTDomWebAdmin.u
                            • C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\UTMultiTeam.u
                            • C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\UTMultiTeamContent.u
                            • C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\UI\UI_UT3Dom.upk
                            I just moved the files out of the Script folder and put them under the CookedPC folder and left the UI folder and contents alone. Still getting the unable to find DOM_Content error. Everything is in the correct area according to the UTDomHelp.htm file except for just recently moving the files from the Scripts folder.

Comment

• When the map pack coming out cause Im still working on my map. I've been working on it and a remake of DM-Pressure a i need to know how long i've got before the map pack.

Comment

• Important Info

I apologize to all of the UT3DOM fans. I had alot fo stuff some up, and I needed a break from UT3DOM due to "development hell", but now I am fully back to support UT3DOM, and I'm be glad to answer everyone's questions. Btw: yes, this is extremely old news about what I am going to say, and I am greatly sorry. This was in part due to my absence. But...I might as well say it now before it get's too old to say it.

UT3DOM Patch 1.1 (aka v1.81) has been released, including a beta PS3 version. The PS3 version has troubles with bots and will freeze the PS3. hence UT3DOM PS3 Edition can only be played without bots. We are looking for a fix, and I will keep you updated with more information.

UT3DOM Patch v1.1 (v1.81) + UT3DOM PS3 BETA download list

The UT3DOM v1.81 release has fixed several issues, and has the uncooked copies of the mod for easier mapping support. It's been a while, but iirc (I could be wrong, so don't flame me saying I'm full of lies if I am incorrect), UT3DOM v1.81 installer will allow you to "upgrade" your install of v1.8, but not v1.6. Upgrading from v1.6 to v1.81 will need your UT3DOM to be uninstalled and v1.81 will be installed through there. If you have upgraded from v1.6 to v1.8, then to v1.81, you should be able to upgrade.

Anyway, I have noted from some people that this is one of the best mods for UT3. Imho, it did not start that way, as some of you have known. As I said above, UT3DOM went through "severe development hell", by constant arguing to each other back and forth. Another major factor was the organization was terrible, and I blame that solely on myself, and I will not do that to my next version of any mods I will make in the future. I was really scared that UT3DOM wasn't going to be a reality...but, we managed to get through things at the end, and finally released it (not without consequences though ). After a couple of major patches later, UT3DOM has been cited as one of the top UT3 mods out there, and I am solely shocked. UT3DOM was designed to be a small mod, due to the fact that I thought not alot of people liked DOM or DDOM. But I liked it alot, so I brought it to UT3 originally for my personal enjoyment. I will say this: UT3DOM is my first mod that I have started myself, so the mistakes of the UT3DOM development will not be forgotten throughout my entire life, and I shall be more wiser during my next mods.

For everyone who is a UT3DOM fan (or a die-hard fan), I thank you personally in every way known possible. As my friend Wayne used to tell me, "It's not what you create, it's what you speculate". I believe it in every way. Creating UT3DOM was only a small fraction of my time. Playing for the rest of my life will be undeniably longer.

Also, I might add that this mod is only the works of myself and Snake.PLiSKIN. Mr. UglyPants and Ignotium/StraTooS have officially left the mod, and now his is a "2 person project", with on-the-fly mappers. However, they are thanked in many ways throughout the "UT3DOM Development Hell Era". They helped made UT3DOM a reality and not a vision. Again, thank you you two very much.

And finally, UT3DOM Extended (formerly known as UT3DOM Reloaded) is currently in development, and has a release date of TBA. Expect it to have more maps and more customizability features.

Many thanks to everyone!

[~]RUFX[~]RoninMastaFX

P.S. I am sorry if this info was already passed along by HKLM. I am have just started back into UT3DOM now, and god knows what HKLM has told you guys )

Comment

Working...
                                X