RELEASED: Ajax and Argo [Pics][Final]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Shock balls as second? I much prefer the flame attack as secondary, that is awesome.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Fun, although the instruction menu was impossible for me to read, so i am kinda winging it on how to play.

Good work though.

Edit: just finished it, great gameplay, but was there a story? I found myself wondering at the end, what just happened, and **** that was fast.

Best part is getting the shock balls as your secondary attack and getting close quarter groups in slo-mo combos. Sweet stuff.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks very impressive, especially as one of the first released TC mods.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok feeback:

start with the bad.

It was very extremely surprisingly short.
    When it is telling you the controls it only says the xbox controls
    Often dont understand what you are meant to be doing
    what is the purpose of your mission?
    gameplay is unpolished
    a bit laggy

the good

gameplay is fun
    gameplay is origional
    it looks cool
    idea is origional

All in all i am glad i downloaded it, it makes a refreshing change

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I really like the intro and the gameplay looks pretty interesting ... definitely going to give this a try soon. Thanks for sharing and congrats on actually doing this. Maybe you should consider the MSUC.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    To clarify the UTInput.ini confusion:
    You only need to replace the file if you want to play with the custom Xbox 360 controller scheme or our keyboard and mouse control scheme.

LtClifff:
    Oh great!!! So this is a TC! is it singleplayer? More info please!!!
    It's not quite a full TC, we didn't have the resources to make custom assets besides the enemy models. So you'll see that all of the static meshes are UT3 assets
    And yes, it is single player.

Alopex:
    Find a way around the utinput.ini replacement or this will fade into obscurity, I'm not swapping files out any time I want to load your mod, reguardless of how interesting it looks.

Please, at least consider posting the text to append /my/ file with, i don't want /your/ game settings.
    You would need to replace the .ini every time switching between UT3 and Ajax and Argo, BUT you can still play with your own UTInput.ini with keyboard and mouse, the only difference is that shield is on "C"(or whatever you have bound to crouch) instead of Left Shift and Left Ctrl.
    Due to the scope that we had, this .ini issue was a low priority. I tried working on some of the Input.u classes but nothing seemed to work, on the next project I'll try again so there is no file swapping like this

Sonic: Thanks a bunch!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Find a way around the utinput.ini replacement or this will fade into obscurity, I'm not swapping files out any time I want to load your mod, reguardless of how interesting it looks.

Please, at least consider posting the text to append /my/ file with, i don't want /your/ game settings.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi - Can you confirm that the following request in your Read Me will NOT effect playing UT3 normally?

===================
    >>Copy the UTInput.ini file into "...\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config" directory.
    Make a backup of your own UTInput.ini before you overwrite.
    ===================

I'm looking at my current file, and your UTInput.ini - and I see not only you've added your related ini settings, but that some of the original settings have been changed. While I can certainly backup my old copy, I'm wondering if I have to swap these INI files every time I want to Play UT3 or your TCMod.

Thanks to you and your team - looks like you did a nice job - went to your blog and saw the box and DVD you made for it - looks great Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh great!!! So this is a TC! is it singleplayer? More info please!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    install info etc.. in read me?
    looks kewl.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic RELEASED: Ajax and Argo [Pics][Final]

RELEASED: Ajax and Argo [Pics][Final]

Name: Ajax and Argo
    Version: 1.0
    Compatibility: PC Patch 1.2
    Description: Ajax and Argo is a first person shooter developed in the Unreal Tournament 3 Engine. You play as Argo, the robotic defender of his artificial people, wielding Ajax, a powerful weapon that houses the entire AI of his people. It is Argos duty to protect Ajax and deliver him to safety from the merciless human race. The Mark-III Argo has a heavy duty energy shield that can absorb different enemy projectile energies, then transfer them into Ajax to fire back. The energy that Argo transfers to Ajax and converts to fire back is always supercharged, making Ajax and Argo the deadliest robot due Elysium has ever witnessed.

Comments: Hey guys I'm Scott from Mindless Entertainment, I'd like to present to you Ajax and Argo; the culmination of six months of hard word by six students in the VFS game design program. We recently just presented this to people in the Vancouver video game scene, and now we bring it to you! Currently there are no plans to cook it for PS3 but nothing is certain at the moment. Enjoy! Any questions, comments or critisism is welcomed at gd09scott@vfs.com
    PS: About source stuff: a few members of our class plan to make some tutorials on a bunch of stuff to make projects like this a lot easier.

Screenshots:

Also check out the Intro Cinematic and Gameplay Trailer!

Credits:
    The Mindless Entertainment Team
    Bo Block - Project Manager
    Nick Halme - Writing, Documentation & UI
    Sam Irwin - 3D Modeling & Animation
    Scott Morin - Scripting
    Mike Thistle - Concept Artist & Textures
    Alex Weatherston - Level Design & Production

Sound Collaborators
    Leonardo Barragán
    Jomo Kangethe

Voice Acting
    Jon Fawa - Argo
    Patrick Gurr - Ajax

Homepage: The Mindless Entertainment Team && My Personal Site (It gets more updates)

Download: Download Now!
Working...
X