No announcement yet.

CTF-Botanica [Final][PC & PS3][Pics & Download]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The leviathan doesn't have great collision by default but I'll try to fix that if I can.
    Heh, it's no big deal but I figured you might want it perfect if you were fixing the other thing. A simple blocking volume would do the trick

Comment

Why would you wanna go near the leviathan anyways?
      But yeah I'll spruce it up with a blocking volume. I might even improve the texture of it a bit with more bumpiness.

Comment

Why would you wanna go near the leviathan anyways?
        Why else! I wanted to squish people!

Comment

hey this map looks like an amazing map and i really want to play it but i have a ps3 and the way you cooked it is wrong the files for a ps3 should be in a jam type file not a rar jus for future refrence
          good luck with future mapping

Comment

Yeah but it's a non-moving leviathan

Comment

Originally posted by boardpainter View Post
              hey this map looks like an amazing map and i really want to play it but i have a ps3 and the way you cooked it is wrong the files for a ps3 should be in a jam type file not a rar jus for future refrence
              good luck with future mapping
              A .rar file is a compressed file that you use to unzip with winrar - www.rarlabs.com - I cannot put .Jam files on filefront, I have to compress it first. Plus it saves web space on my account.

Comment

o wow i did not even realize thanks
                well i just wanted to say that all of your maps look amazing and will deffinatly be checking them and downloading

Comment

Thanks! Look for my upcoming map, CTF-Raven

Comment

Yeah but it's a non-moving leviathan
                    I didn't know that at first

It came as quite a disappointment.

CTF-Raven
                    ETA?

Comment

Well it would be unfair for just one team to have a levi I suppose, on foot and all. But anyways I don't have an ETA for CTF-Raven, I need to plan a layout, and all that stuff but I'll post a beta when ready, or maybe just teaser shots.

Comment

If you're going to release another version can you unreverse the maps (or release 2 versions, one with reversed flags and one with normal), I had to play this with the reverse CTF mutator to play it like a normal CTF map. Like most of your original maps so far, you don't have enough Z-axis play. Other than that the map plays well and it's visually stunning. It works really well as a CTF since the spawn points are behind the actual map so flag runs are considerably more enjoyable than Immulsion. Good work on the map.

Comment

The reason I did reverse CTF was because I found it easier to make a flag cap against bots - it's too difficult to get the flag, and then make an escape with it on foot. Yes I know there's not much z-axis action but there really wasn't much in the CTF demo map for UT2004. Maps don't have to have z-axis action really, to be fun, IMO.

Comment

I played against adept bots 6v6 and it was quite a bit easier to get the flag and score in this map compared to Immulsion

Comment

For some reason for me in the regular flag setup, 7 on 7, the bots gave me a hard time due to constant camping.

Comment

Originally posted by Bret Hart View Post
                                Thanks! Look for my upcoming map, CTF-Raven
                                will do that should be a good map too
                                happy mapping

Comment

Working...
                                X