• Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post

So UT2D is working now, right?
    Yes it works fine now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Some mutators do override the main code logic which is used for the very basics in UT3. Only one mutator at time can replace that. Most of these coders went to easy way to implement their ideas, but sadly this breaks stuff.

So UT2D is working now, right?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
    In v1.2, the game class for TDM is actually called UT2D.UT2DTDM. Try that new version and ensure everything is in the right place.
    I did that too still didn't help so I removed all instances of UT2D and rebooted the PC then reinstalled UT2D and started up UT3 a few times til I found the mutator that was causing this issue. It wasn't none of the mutators that I mentioned earlier it was actually "SmartJumpPC" that is the culprit so I removed it and the game plays okay

Leave a comment:

• replied
    In v1.2, the game class for TDM is actually called UT2D.UT2DTDM. Try that new version and ensure everything is in the right place.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I installed it according to the read me file.

Edit:: I also discovered that some mutators do conflict with UT2D gametype, ect, Mapmixer by Sinx, and Foxmod by foxUnit01 also conflict. It's also possible while using Newtators mutators as well.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    it means it cant find the mod where did you install it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The only thing I can see in the log are:
    ScriptLog: UTUIDataProvider_Mutator::SupportsCurrentGameMode( ) - Unable to find game class: UT2D.UT2DGame_TeamDeathmatch
    Whatever that means.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    As a first step, you should probably check your logs to discern whether the mod is actually being loaded.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I installed the mod which is version 2.0, ran the game and tried playing on UT2D-Coret2D and it wasn't in 2D at all I done a screenshot to show what the game looked like. What is causing this and why?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ut2d

Hello "Joe Bates (jbizzler/ZeelessOne)",

I wanted to take the time to thank you for creating, posting and sharing your UT2D (Zeeless4Mappers) code with the online community. I am Phil - Author of the UT2D - Killing Time mod submission to the "Make Something Unreal" Contest, phase 2. You may remember hearing from some of my team (Sean McNamara & Matthew Hutchinson) early this year when we asked for your official permission to use the code in our submission and you agreed. The game would not have been the same without your contribution, so we are very thankful and you should be seeing a newly updated version of the Killing Time Download page soon, now containing the credits for those involved and "Special thanks" to you. As far as I am concerned, you are part of our team although I have never actually met you. I wish you luck and if you would like to contact me for any reason please do so at: philds4t@aim.com

Much respect,
    -Phil (Scubamonkey)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No problem.

Thanks for the clarification. I haven't watch bots, so it was kinda vague to me.

I figured the graphical glitch, can be very dependent on video drivers and video card.

I understand the problems regarding changing the camera distance and the bots firing at you when they are off-screen. I think these issues involve map design more than anything else.

Waterworks is a great map for this mod because it doesn't have long obstructive distances where you can shoot off-screen and possibly hit some one.

Keep up the good work and good luck in the contest.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow, Odedge, thanks for the extensive feedback.

If you're just spectating a bot match and don't have the camera following someone, it zooms out twice as far as when you're playing.
    If what you're spectating is a bot match on you're own computer, the camera follows where they are aiming as if you were playing. This is ugly over a network, though, if you ever what a player rotate online.

Maps for 1.0 should work with this, but if you cooked it with the GameTypesSupportedOnThisMap, then 1.0 would have been compiled intot he map, and these changes won't show up. You'd have to recook it for 1.1.

1. I have not been able to replicate your best weapon bug, so I can't fix it. I'll look into it a little bit deeper, though, since you have these real clear instructions.

2. I'm am utterly shocked I never noticed this. THANKS! It's not like they float where the guy died, I would have known. I'll have to fix this one.

3. The bots have a lot of reasons they fire at you without seeing you. They can hear you or see gunfire (you can too). If I change the camera now, though, that messes up all the maps.

I guess I do have a couple of things I can fix now, and a reason for a 1.2. Next release, expect fixed CTF arrows and bots dropping weapons.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I installed the newest version, including the maps. Here are my thoughts...

Can you clarify exactly what these changes are:

1. Changed the spectator camera so it zooms out when unfocused.
    2. When spectating local bots, the camera will now move with respect to where they're looking.

Compatibility:

1. Will the newer version of the mod have any conflicts with maps built with the 1.0 version?

The Mod itself:

1. There is still a graphical glitch that I posted in your original post.

[screenshot]http://www.odedge.com/forums/ut3_ut2d-feedback_pic01.jpg[/screenshot]

It happens under a few conditions. First is when I am firing the enforcer, then I press my key for "Best Weapon" (which I don't have, i.e. Rocket Launcher), the part of my character shows up.

If I have a higher priority weapon, it will switch to that and not display the glitch.

If the higher priority weapon is a stinger or flak cannon and I press the "Best Weapon" (which I still don't have) key while firing the weapon, it shows up again.

It doesn't show up when I have the rocket launcher with ammo. But if I run out of ammo, it will glitch. I currently have the latest drivers for XP/8800 GT video card.

2. I notice that the mod doesn't allow weapons to drop on the ground when you place each UT2D volume 32 units away from the Y,0 axis. Is this intentional? If you place the volumes wider apart, the weapons fall to the ground when someone dies.

The same issue happened with jump pads, but this could be because they are not aligned exactly on the Y,0 axis?

3. I still find the bots firing at me when I can't see them. Will this happen if you fire in their direction and hit them? It seems that the camera is a bit too close. Too much action takes place in close quarters.

Maps: (I don't know if you are creating updated versions of the maps for this release? If not, the original authors can make changes

1. Waterworks.
    a. The sliding door that is below and to the left of the Flak cannon, is to far back in it's starting position. When it opens up, it disappears through the wall (only door I noticed doing that).
    b. When you are on either end of the map (looking outside of the map), the character's gun will be displayed. Happens on the areas above the first level. I know it's a graphical glitch and doesn't affect game play.

2. Chaotic.
    a. On the right side of the map, you can see past the game world. It doesn't look the same as the left side of the map.
    b. It would be nice to have more than just one weapon available.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I never knew about the arrow thing. Nice spot.

The rest I'm aware of. Making jumps comes down to map makers. Changing that this late in the game woul screw with everyone's maps.

I also knew about the Waterworks thing. It stinks, but there's a wall there, so what you gonna do? Try and think about real life when you're face is in a wall.

Thanks for letting me know it all works. I can sleep well tonight. If nothing major comes up, I think I'll submit it tomorrow for Make Something Unreal.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Okay. So.
    I deleted everything I had that was UT2D, and rebooted the PS3.
    Then I installed 1.1b (the newest one).
    I went though every mode, and all 4 maps.
    Everything worked perfectly. No issues at all. 1.1b is the proper PS3 release of 1.1.
    If you wanted some nitpicking, there's -

-The arrows around the flag icons at the top of the screen in CTF don't point towards the flags (but I don't think they need to, you either go all the way left or all the way right).

-In Waterworks, if you get against the far left or far right wall, the wall can obscure your screen (making it all black), but you just have to face AWAY from the wall to fix that.

All in all, I think it's a hell of a good job.
    One suggestion that came to mind while playing though is that I generally tend to put on either the Low Grav mutator or the Jet Pack, since making the jumps can be a little challenging at times. What do you think about giving the characters higher jumps? After all, in every side-scrolling game the player can always leap unrealistically high (and I'm not just talking about Mario here). Just something to think about anyways.

So I don't know what the issue was at first, but UT2D 1.1b works perfectly on the PS3.
    Well done.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X