Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ut2d

Hello "Joe Bates (jbizzler/ZeelessOne)",

I wanted to take the time to thank you for creating, posting and sharing your UT2D (Zeeless4Mappers) code with the online community. I am Phil - Author of the UT2D - Killing Time mod submission to the "Make Something Unreal" Contest, phase 2. You may remember hearing from some of my team (Sean McNamara & Matthew Hutchinson) early this year when we asked for your official permission to use the code in our submission and you agreed. The game would not have been the same without your contribution, so we are very thankful and you should be seeing a newly updated version of the Killing Time Download page soon, now containing the credits for those involved and "Special thanks" to you. As far as I am concerned, you are part of our team although I have never actually met you. I wish you luck and if you would like to contact me for any reason please do so at: philds4t@aim.com

Much respect,
    -Phil (Scubamonkey)

Comment

I installed the mod which is version 2.0, ran the game and tried playing on UT2D-Coret2D and it wasn't in 2D at all I done a screenshot to show what the game looked like. What is causing this and why?
      Attached Files

Comment

As a first step, you should probably check your logs to discern whether the mod is actually being loaded.

Comment

The only thing I can see in the log are:
          ScriptLog: UTUIDataProvider_Mutator::SupportsCurrentGameMode( ) - Unable to find game class: UT2D.UT2DGame_TeamDeathmatch
          Whatever that means.

Comment

it means it cant find the mod where did you install it

Comment

I installed it according to the read me file.

Edit:: I also discovered that some mutators do conflict with UT2D gametype, ect, Mapmixer by Sinx, and Foxmod by foxUnit01 also conflict. It's also possible while using Newtators mutators as well.

Comment

In v1.2, the game class for TDM is actually called UT2D.UT2DTDM. Try that new version and ensure everything is in the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
                  In v1.2, the game class for TDM is actually called UT2D.UT2DTDM. Try that new version and ensure everything is in the right place.
                  I did that too still didn't help so I removed all instances of UT2D and rebooted the PC then reinstalled UT2D and started up UT3 a few times til I found the mutator that was causing this issue. It wasn't none of the mutators that I mentioned earlier it was actually "SmartJumpPC" that is the culprit so I removed it and the game plays okay

Comment

Some mutators do override the main code logic which is used for the very basics in UT3. Only one mutator at time can replace that. Most of these coders went to easy way to implement their ideas, but sadly this breaks stuff.

So UT2D is working now, right?

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post

So UT2D is working now, right?
                      Yes it works fine now.

Comment

Working...
                      X