Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VCTF-AncientFortress Final

VCTF-AncientFortress:

This is the final version and with the fixes it plays better than before and i am having a good time with it and i hope you do too.

1. Fixed the "choke zones" and made the flag rooms and hallways bigger. I also added tunnels that lead out to mid field that way i can keep the tank and hellbender in the map and it wont be too hard to grab and cap the flag.

2. Changed the map so you can no longer fire rockets from one flag to another.

3. Fixed the bot pathing so the bots will attack more and not just sit and D all of the time.

4. Fixed the preview picture.

5.Fixed the textures and added static meshes to make the map look more real.

I think you will have a great time playing my first map. you can download the updated version at:Filefront.com

EDIT: AncientFortressLV is a "Light version" of my map in which i took out the tank and hellbender for less fragging. Download:Filefront.com

Screen shots:

looks nice, needs more static meshes, we need mre vctf maps man thank you

Comment

Thanks, and if the bots in the map want to try to walk into a wall just re-download because i fixed it. **** pathing made paths into the walls because its retarded. Its no big deal it still plays well.

Comment

Downloaded the new version and played again and it plays a lot better. The wider entrance at least gives you (and the bots) a chance to get out of the flag room and rotating the bottom half stopped spamming across the map. You know how I feel about the goliath and the hellbender... but whatever.

Everyone keeps asking for static meshes... you could put in some fire light and using kismet make it look like the light is moving like firelight in the hall. Shadows and dynamic lighting would give it a more detailed look... whatever just my thoughts.

Comment

Bump,for later downloading...

Comment

I just made a light version of my map in which i took out the tank and hellbender and replace them so that both teams have 2 mantas and 2 scorpion's.

Comment

A little too plain for me

it's a little too plain for my tastes and I don't think that Vehicles really belong in an indoor map unless you can really make it work. Nice try tho

Comment

well it redefines the meaning basic simple chaotic maps and im a suporter of thoose kind of maps

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshi_last View Post
                  well it redefines the meaning basic simple chaotic maps and im a suporter of thoose kind of maps
                  I agree

Comment

Ya i was looking to make it a fun map to play more than making it logical or pretty. My second map its going to be a really cool underwater level but I'm hitting snags on making the submerine...

Comment

Working...
                    X