Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

VCTF-Megastructure_SE [PC & PS3]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VCTF-Megastructure_SE [PC & PS3]

Name: VCTF-Megastructure_SE
    Version: 1.1
    Description:The Megastructure was the work of Liandri's latest line of colossal construction robots, programmed with such an intricate understanding of structural engineering that they could build complex structures with the bare minimum of instruction. They were designed to work unsupervised for years at a time, which meant that when the machines working on the Megastructure malfunctioned, no one was there to stop their relentless expansion of the facility. The result was miles upon miles of redundant machinery, labyrinthine networks of corridors and vast, meaningless chambers. And somewhere, deep underground, the robots are still building.
    Players: 8-14
    PC Download: http://files.filefront.com/VCTF+Mega.../fileinfo.html or http://www.fileplanet.com/188014/180...-Megastructure
    PS3 Download: http://www.ut3mod.com/2008/06/vehicl...ucture-se.html

Screenshots:

http://static.filefront.com/images/p...cqlvlrrhhs.jpg
    http://static4.filefront.com/images/...xvdhnhrlvw.jpg

Comments:
    This is a special edition of VCTF-Megastructure, revamped for phase 1 of the Make Something Unreal Contest. This is what's changed:

- Replaced or tweaked a lot of the meshes and their materials to make the decorations look more natural and cohesive, and added a small handful of custom meshes.
    - Minor layout changes. Nearly all of the awkward narrow walkways have been replaced with wider, more natrual-looking ones, and the map has been made less horizontally symmetrical overall.
    - Major and minor adjustments to post processing and lighting all round.
    - Rearranged some pickups. Most notably the Berserk has been replaced with a U-Damage (just because I find them more satisfying to use), the Flak Cannons in the lockers have been replaced with Shock Rifles, and the jump boots by the shield belts have been removed (but you can still find 3 pairs in the centre of the map).
    - Minor improvements to bot pathing.
    - Improved performance slightly.

Hope people find the map more enjoyable to play now. Let me know what you make of the updates and if you run into any problems.

Best Vctf Map Ever!!!

Comment

Great job, this is a favorite with PS3 vCTF players

Comment

The best VCTF map just got better.

Comment

Yes. The PS3 link works great. I just DL'd it and and unpacked the mod. I didn't have the time to look through it proper, but looks great. I rode a viper thru quick and was pleased with the results. ( not that I was unsatisfied with the previous version)

Comment

I already have the 1.0 and it is the only one VCTF that I've kept after trying a lot of others VCTF that IMHO do not worth keeping.

This 1.1 will without a doubt please me since it seem even better with all the latest changes.

Many thx for that awesome map

EDIT : THIS VERSION IS MUCH BETTER MANY MANY THX & GOOD LUCK FOR THE MSUC

Comment

Originally posted by Alopex View Post
              The best VCTF map just got better.
              Couldn't agree more The original was probably the best VCTF out there, both in terms of atmospherics & gameplay. It looks so much better now, the lighting & mesh improvements are really impressive. No slowdown or problems running it on PS3 either. Can't wait to play this online

Only one complaint about this map - all those walkways & catwalks you can see in the distance - want to be able to use those too! Just kidding

Keeping making them like this Setheran, & keep making them big!

As ever, thanks for taking the time & making the effort to cook for PS3

Comment

Sweet! downloading now. Loved the original and I'm sure I'm gonna love this even more

Comment

wow nice !

both version is nice but I going to keep this version in my game
                  thank you !

Comment

Im going to give it another try, I wish I could have kept the original but I only play bots and I found they would seem to purposefully kill themselves by trying to jump from a lower ramp to a higher one and drop through that gap, but that's not much to do with your map but thats why i didnt keep it.

I admire how you have done this map, the Idea behind it is great. i agree its much better then the epic CTF maps

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, all. I'm really glad to see PS3 players have been enjoying this online.

The bots still do the occasional suicide, but they're a little better with the Darkwalkers now. According to the patch 1.3 change list the bot AI will be improved with regards to Darkwalker crouching (amongst other things), so that should solve the biggest problem with their behaviour on this map.

Comment

Another great map by Setheran! WooHoo! Loved the original, will try this out ASAP.

Comment

Great improvements Sethran.

Comment

I F-ing love this map!!! Thanks for the update! Uploading to my server tonight

Comment

Downloading now.. Thanks dude.

Comment

Working...
                              X