Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

DM-1on1-Sepentine-2008 [Final\Screenshots\PC & PS3]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-1on1-Sepentine-2008 [Final\Screenshots\PC & PS3]

1. Name:DM-1on1-Sepentine-2008
    2. Version: Final
    3. Compatibility: Patch 1.2 for the PC [unable to test for PS3]
    4. Description:Recreation of the Unreal Tournament 2003\2004 map for UT 3.
    5. Comments: This final version is only slightly altered from the beta. Fog has been slightly reduced, lighting was slightly brightened (but, hey, it's underground, it's supposed to be a little dark). Bot-pathing was completely redone, however. Bots don't just hang out in a corner of the maze like a noobs anymore; and they will also use the lifts now (and will jump down on you all ninja-like if you're not paying enough attention).
    6. Screenshots:

7. Credits:Epic, of course. And many thanks to the author of the original 2003/2004 map, Lee Perry, for making such a well designed and challenging map.
    8. Homepage: ummmmm .... better not.
    9. Download: PC version: http://files.filefront.com/1on1+Serp.../fileinfo.html
    PS3 version: http://files.filefront.com/Sepentine.../fileinfo.html

I like it, downloading.

Comment

Very nicely done! I'm definitely adding this to my UT3 collection =)

Comment

good job
        thx

Comment

Originally posted by Pitch~Black View Post
          And many thanks to the author of the original 2003/2004 map, Lee Perry, for making such a well designed and challenging map.
          Good effort, but the map just didn't work. too much randomness for the vast majority of players. It's worth a game or two tho. And it's definitely a great-looking remake.

Comment

Thanks for the comments and for taking the time to download. xtruder, I'm a little confused by your comment, though. I'm not sure what's "random" about the map, nor how anyone can presume to speak for "the vast majority of players". I'm not yelling at you. I've been making maps for a long time and I don't expect everyone to fall in love with them. I was just a little confused by your comment is all.

Comment

I don't know about randomness... I played, had fun, I didn't care for the maze at the bottom... I mean, it was ok and stuff, just too tight, couldn't fight well... I kept hurting myself with the rocket launcher and flak cannon. The upper deck was a cool spot to drop flak-balls from. You can pretty much sit in the middle level just above the maze, back into a corner, and kill whoever comes after you. The only way for them to get at you is to sneak up under the maze and toss a grenade/flak-ball up over the edge. If somebody does manage to get to a lift you see/hear them and can adjust. Graphics/Texture were great, saw no problems there. Great Map overall, I have to say I played this map TDM/4v4, was still not too frantic, Bots were in the maze a lot, but they also seemed to figure out how to use the corners, they had a wicked crossfire going, so bot pathing seems fine too, they used the lifts. Thanks for the effort, and for making a PS3 version available.

PS - I think I speak for a vast majority of gamers when I say: Keep the new maps coming!

Comment

Good to see people contributing more and more to this community. But I agree with Demon slick on the points he made. I remember this map back in 2k3, and couldn't believe Epic made it. I really hated this map and I thought it was horrible, and frustrating. Just like Bioshazard right now another abomination, lol. Now for your efforts and support to this community, I thank you, Pitch black. But I'll pass on this map. It does look very professional, so I hope you take this post as a compliment and consider making more remakes. There are many good maps out there from ut99 and ut2k3/2k4, that I wish people would just do.

Comment

bela bella è strana ma è bella XD

Comment

rapelle toi la tour de babel ^^

Comment

For the Record, I liked the map, if that wasn't clear. I also like Biohazard, 8v8 TDM w/SuperBerserk ON! No Guts, No Glory! Waaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!

Comment

I also like the map and it has found a home on my computer.

I would have liked the lowest level to be a bit bigger, but such as life.

The one thing that really bugs me though is that there are a lot of static meshes that "snag" the player and disrupts game play. In the future, I would either set them to not block players or to place blocking volumes around the walls, depending on the situation.

Comment

--Credits:Epic, of course--

this map has been taken from another game

well, nice job

Comment

wow that's great
                            that was one of my favourites in ut2004
                            And I just started learning to map to remake this and another map

Comment

I don't suppose anyone has a copy of this lying around? This download link is broken, as is the one on UTzone.de.

Comment

Working...
                              X