Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

DM-Wasteland (aka DM-Tiberium MSU version)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Wasteland (aka DM-Tiberium MSU version)

Version:1
    Compatibility:UT3 1.2

Description:

I have changed the name of the map and removed the Tiberian Sun music to prevent any copyright issues. This map is a sort of hybrid between DM-tiberium and DM-Tiberium-SE. The layout is the same with some minor changes. All the vehicles, the artillery strike, explosive containers, mines and breakable glass are present. However there are no destructible walls to maintain performance and no physics objects to prevent bots from getting stuck.

Screenshots:

Download:

PC/PS3

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=6...e6ba49b5870170

Heh, maybe this will run on my compy at a playable rate. Not having a physx card destroyed me for Tiberium-SE

Comment

Originally posted by DeathRabbit View Post
      Heh, maybe this will run on my compy at a playable rate. Not having a physx card destroyed me for Tiberium-SE
      If the original DM-Tiberium ran well for you, then this will too.

Comment

this looks awesome! but since i already have both original versions and this one doesnt have ne physix objects its a no download for me. great work though! im a huge fan of the tiberium SE

Comment

I'm getting a physx card, and GeForce9900 this july so hopefully these issues will be rectified :P

Comment

I love your maps Remus and this one is no exception. Great job and good luck in the MSU contest!

Comment

So cool, I have to try the final edition.

Comment

yay another beautifull version is out !

downloading now
                thank you !!!

Comment

Thanks!

I loved the Tiberium SE, but the performance kept me from playing. This revised version is awesome. Many thanks from a PS3 user!

Comment

Originally posted by DscytheX View Post
                    I love your maps Remus and this one is no exception. Great job and good luck in the MSU contest!
                    Yes I loved the previous versions and I am certain I'll enjoy this for hours to come.

Many thanks Remus. I am confident your efforts will be rewarded as I am a firm believer in karma

Comment

This looks good, downloading

Comment

I really want to play this map, but due to unknown reason I can't download it form filefront.
                        (Try many times with logged in)
                        Can anyone kindly upload it to another mirror site?
                        Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by DeathRabbit View Post
                          I'm getting a physx card, and GeForce9900 this july so hopefully these issues will be rectified :P
                          Do research first, there is no reason to buy a Physx Card. I had one and it did nothing for UT3 until I took it out, UT3 then stopped working. If you go with Nvidia the 8800GTX and up are due a Physx driver upgrade.

Comment

Excellent level Remus ... possibly your best yet imo. I really can't say enough good things about how well this runs on the PS3 and how this version really captures the desolation of war. I was really floored when I saw a redeemer blast knock out all the glass in the nearby building ... great effect and beyond anything Epic has in any retail level. Maybe there is an AVRiL but I couldn't find it and that was my only issue with this version since it has three vehicles (one being a Goliath Tank). Thanks and good luck with this entry in the MSUC. Man the preview you and other mappers have given us of the quality levels that will emerge thanks to this contest has been great ... looking forward to seeing more.

One suggestion - since this is going to be for the MSUC is to do a bit more with the surrounding skyline on the side where the large crystals are growing. It looks a bit sparse so maybe some more buildings or a mountain deep in the background to add to the atmosphere (right now it has an unnatural look to how the city borders end which doesn't fit in with the realism of the rest of the level ... its kind of stark and just empty ... no rumble or any terrain). I'm thinking of the city maps from Epic when I say this (Defiance, Carbon Fire, Gateway) and the closer to retail looking your level is the better chance you have in the MSUC.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                              Excellent level Remus ... possibly your best yet imo. I really can't say enough good things about how well this runs on the PS3 and how this version really captures the desolation of war.
                              Thanks glad you like it

Maybe there is an AVRiL but I couldn't find it and that was my only issue with this version since it has three vehicles (one being a Goliath Tank).
                              Well, you couldn't find the AVRIL because there isn't one. I thought that with all the mines and plenty of rocket launcher ammo, it was enough to deal with the vehicles.

looking forward to seeing more.
                              There wil be, you can bet on it.

One suggestion - since this is going to be for the MSUC is to do a bit more with the surrounding skyline on the side where the large crystals are growing. It looks a bit sparse so maybe some more buildings or a mountain deep in the background to add to the atmosphere (right now it has an unnatural look to how the city borders end which doesn't fit in with the realism of the rest of the level ... its kind of stark and just empty ... no rumble or any terrain). I'm thinking of the city maps from Epic when I say this (Defiance, Carbon Fire, Gateway) and the closer to retail looking your level is the better chance you have in the MSUC.
                              I'll see what I can do about that. Anyway thanks for the positive feedback.

Comment

Working...
                              X