No announcement yet.

CTF-Immulsion [Final][Pics & Download][PC][PS3]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha dont worry about the animated pump, I love the thing youve got going on with the frothing, shame i cant run into it or secondary stinger the bots into it
    I died on this map And when i sank to the imulsion bottom i could see the map in normal light haha looked pretty cool too
    Also theres more of this map than people think you can go really high and sitoff and sniper people, or you can head for the corner and get the redeemer (the walls near the corner are a bit jaggy though....

If you ever do anything more with this map or theme i do hope you use the character models as static meshes idea or pumping motion It would win you a few prizes i think *hint hint* Especially if you used em both lol! Oh and totally made it more Z axisy even if its below, like a glass tunnel where you can see the immulsion all around you, and the dead players floating round lmfao! wow an underwater(immulsion) tunnel would be a beatiful sight.

Still like i said yeah this is one of my fave maps, would be better as a DM though

Comment

Originally posted by Tailsnake View Post
      *snip*
      True, but isn't that what CTF-1on1-Joust is all about back in the UT2003/4 days? It's all about killing multiple people that stand in the way of the flag. I mean it doesn't happen ALL the time because you won't always have the beserk at your disposal.

Comment

This map is perfect as is ... well maybe not perfect but **** good. I am tired of seeing the typical make this into a DM map requests ... what is it with folks that they cannot just be happy to get really solid content but they always have to ask for more? Especially people who don't even contribute anything to the community ... that is crazy. So I wanted to just add that this level is great as is. Please don't take the cheap way out and merely convert this map to a DM. I wouldn't mind seeing a moving pump but character static meshes like robots or something would just clutter the level up and totally take away the Gears of War feeling (seeing as there are no robots save Jax who stays invisible until needed). It is nice and clean (not cluttered I mean) and that is part of its appeal. If you were going to really make any changes I would say add additional spawn points and ditch the weapon locker for the typical CTF weapon & ammo layout.

Now if you do want to have a Gears themed DM map on your resume then make a new one that is not based off of this level. Imo that would be the best way to go and would keep your portofolio looking nice and diverse and also like you really care about your craft and don't simply convert the same map to a different gametype but create a map specifically for a gametype. Just like Epic. None of the shipping retail maps see double duty and for good reason (its cheap and tbh boring imo). Anyway just wanted to give you my perspective on the matter.

Comment

Thanks Anuban.

Comment

Ok yeah so ive asked for a lot from bret but ive given support on all of his topics i post in i really enjoy his works stop taking stealth pops at people anuban and come out and say it to me.
            bret, what are you currently working on anyway? if you dont mind my asking

Comment

Why? Do I need to keep mapping and mapping til I drop in my tracks?

Gimme time to come up with an idea lol...

Comment

Have any of you tried downtown-necris?

Imagine a CTF map with dynamically changing flag routes using tentancles like that map, sorry if that out there, I just thought it'd be cool. Can't wait until I have a computer good enough to map with.

Comment

look at all that juice!

Comment

Originally posted by KazeoHin View Post
                    look at all that juice!
                    Hey Marucs, how much do you think all that immulsion is worth?

"I don't think I can count that high..."

Comment

Have to agree with Anuban Bret, it's good to see you positive again & putting out your usual high standard of work

Can't comment on the relationship to GOW - don't have a 360 & won't embarrass myself by trying to play it on my PC

On its own merits, this is a great map - fast & furious, mayhem at the bases but with enough cover on the way back to give you a fighting chance if you can get out. And it's a hell of a lot of fun to play As Anuban said, I really don't think it needs anything else, it's spot on as it is. The one point I'd make is that perhaps something more could have been done with the area containing the redeemer, as that's a fair bit of space back there. Still, it doesn't detract in any way from the gameplay & at least the reward is worth the effort.

Do I need to make any comment on how the map looks? As usual Bret, it's retail-quality, possibly even better - but then, I've yet to see one of your maps that wasn't

As ever, thanks for taking the time to cook for PS3, & keep up the great work

Comment

I do have to give Bret a ton of credit for creating a completely different layout for the DM version of this level ... it is totally different and that is very cool. I am glad you didn't just convert this map to a simple DM level with no changes.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                          I do have to give Bret a ton of credit for creating a completely different layout for the DM version of this level ... it is totally different and that is very cool. I am glad you didn't just convert this map to a simple DM level with no changes.
                          Bret did a DM version?

Comment

Originally posted by feisar32 View Post
                            Bret did a DM version?
                            Oops my bad .. I got DM-Botanica mixed up with this level. My mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                              Oops my bad .. I got DM-Botanica mixed up with this level. My mistake.
                              Ah - glad to hear it, thought I'd been missing out I agree, Botanica's yet more excellent work from Bret

Comment

Yeah I did DM-Botanica for 3dbuzz.com and CTF-Botanica with custom ground textures and reverse flags

Comment

Working...
                                X