• Show
Clear All

I'll see about that maybe

Comment

Originally posted by BuffyTheSlayer View Post
      can you make DM version too ??
      this map looks really fit for DM too
      yayayayayay thank you !!!
      I believe there is a mod on these boards that you can download that will give you Death Match on any map you want. I have it and its great! (I'm on PS3 but I think its for PC too)

Comment

Originally posted by vXSHADYXv View Post
        I believe there is a mod on these boards that you can download that will give you Death Match on any map you want. I have it and its great! (I'm on PS3 but I think its for PC too)
        Yeah but that won't work in this case because of the way Bret has done the weapon layout. The weapons are only available from the locker and for DM that doesn't work well at all ... actually even for CTF that goes against the norm ... usually weapon lockers are only used in Vehicle related gametypes ... but somehow it works okay in this CTF map. So in order for this to become a DM level Bret would have to redo the weapon and ammo pickups.

Comment

I might convert it next week if I have spare time.

Comment

great looking map..well done!

Comment

This map is...I'm not sure. I have an impossibly high standard for maps when I download them, but after playing a match of this...I had alot of fun. However it was smaller than I thought it would be. I think it might serve better as a Deathmatch (placing a touch more cover in those corner areas). That is just my personal opinion.
              Congradulations on a fantastic work.

Comment

I like fast paced action CTF maps where it doesn't take alot of walking / dodging to get to the flag like that extremley loooong necris CTF map. Or the one where you need to run 3 miles to get to it.

Comment

the 2nd pic looks like the Jenova reactor from FF7 !

Comment

Originally posted by Bret Hart View Post
                    I like fast paced action CTF maps where it doesn't take alot of walking / dodging to get to the flag like that extremley loooong necris CTF map. Or the one where you need to run 3 miles to get to it.
                    We are soulmates, lol,!! I never liked CTF until I started playing on a server loaded with small, fast maps. Keep churning 'em out. This is one fan who will sit at your doorstep waiting for the next edition.

I respect those players with the stamina and patience to play the larger maps . I'm just not one of them.

Comment

Hey CL, hows things? Added this one to the TAO server today, looks good. Nice work Bret hope to see more of your maps..

Comment

I wish I had beta tested this, I can't rally suggest changes now that it's in final

Comment

Originally posted by Tailsnake View Post
                          I wish I had beta tested this, I can't rally suggest changes now that it's in final
                          All of the major suggestions by other people have been put into the final (Except maybe the animated pump which I couldnt do on my own)

Comment

OMG this map look imensely awsome lol
                            considering ive never played GoW im definetly considering buying it thnx :P

Comment

i love this map hope to c more gears of war maps soon, would b great for a DM next time!

Comment

Originally posted by Bret Hart View Post
                                All of the major suggestions by other people have been put into the final (Except maybe the animated pump which I couldnt do on my own)
                                I just thought the spawn point are too tightly pack in one corner,it's easy to get an unstoppable+ killing spree by picking up the shield belt and the berserk and just raining shots at the weapon locker, that's essentially a choke point when leaving that open base. It also makes getting the flag a real pain since even if you kill a defender they'll respawn in exactly the same area they're killed. I'd kill the same bot 3-4 times just getting in and out of that little flag area.

Again, I'm assuming this'll fall on deaf ears since this is already final, but it's a really nice map and visually the map is top notch, I guess I just don't like the way it play

Anyway, I hope you can get that suspense-necris request done, I'm really excited to try to get some full rooms going on some custom maps on the PS3.

Comment

Working...
                                X