Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

RELEASED: SNOWREAL [1.5] - the snowboarding mod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The dude from Crysis, MC, and Old Snake go perfect with this mod(the locust look awesome too, especially when doing tricks). Thanks man, I love this mod. Maybe a newer map could have like a ski lodge with a working ski lift, and maybe you could add skis(it would be very hard to do though.)

Comment

hey, some guy. didn't work on mine.

Comment

ok, if you use the "-useunpublished" parameter delete it and replace it with "-nohomedir"
        than make sure to put all the folders in your original UT3 directory and NOT in "My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\..."

maybe this will help

Comment

I still don't understand how to even use parameters

Comment

to make parameters

1. make a shortcut (usually on the desktop)
            2. right-click on it and select properties
            3. a window should open, under "target" you'll see the place of the ut3.exe
            4. then you can add any parameter you like (for example -nohomedir)

it should then look like this
            Code:
            ...\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" -nohomedir

Comment

Originally posted by TEAM_MH View Post
              hi there, i tryed this mod on the ps3 and so far its alryt...how do i get into the snow board coz so far all iv been able to do is do tricks on my hpverboard plus we all day like 2 secs into the game!!!

i also noticed even jumping abit off the ground and trying to land straight isnt working coz we far everytime!
              sumbody help please!!!

Comment

umm, when you try play it there should be a gametype called snowreal, select that then choose either whiteslope or snowballrun.

I dont have a ps3 but thats how it works for pc. Have you installed it correctly?

Also, we need to know if you are using steam or not to fix it!

EDIT: In about 10 minutes im going to run an error server, basically, if you cant play snowreal without an error or like in Team_MH's post you die straight away then join this server.

Its called: SnowReal Official Error Server

Once you connect if it starts to download snowreal then its not working or isnt installed correctly, if you connect without a single download then im stumped.

Try search for it in the snowreal gametype, if that doesnt work look for it under deathmatch.

Cu there

Comment

TEAM_MH: if you have a hoverboard you're not running Snowreal. Snowreal replaces the hoverboard.

Comment

when I set the paramerter as -nohomedir it doesn't show any custom content, including Snowreal

Comment

A lot of people seem to be having problems with it. I hope they get it working because it's a lot of fun.
                      The only thing I could even suggest to improve it is make it so you can only see the SnowReal courses when picking a map. Right now I can see every map I have installed (official maps and modded maps).
                      Using the PS3 version (easier). Haven't tried putting it on my PC.

Comment

you probably didnt notice, but you basicly made the first snowboarding game for ps3, gratz for that

I am rather amazed on how flexible the UT3 mods can be, and this is a fine exaple on it. The level of detail and graphics isnt the best it could be but this is compencated by pretty smooth framerate and large size of maps.
                        I wonder if theres a way to move the camera a bit farther when snowboarding, its a bit too close for players to see their awesome tricks?

Hopefully you still have interest on this mod, since I would love to see uniq snowboarder characters and maybe even new maps to improve the snowboarding feel of snowreal and unreal even futher

thanks for the great ps3 version too!

Comment

Originally posted by Viper7 View Post
                          you probably didnt notice, but you basicly made the first snowboarding game for ps3, gratz for that

I am rather amazed on how flexible the UT3 mods can be, and this is a fine exaple on it. The level of detail and graphics isnt the best it could be but this is compencated by pretty smooth framerate and large size of maps.
                          I wonder if theres a way to move the camera a bit farther when snowboarding, its a bit too close for players to see their awesome tricks?

Hopefully you still have interest on this mod, since I would love to see uniq snowboarder characters and maybe even new maps to improve the snowboarding feel of snowreal and unreal even futher

Have you tried left clicking while not doing a trick, it moves the camera about 10ft behind the character and it looks awesome.

Unfortunately i have had little luck fixing this problem, if anyone who has downloaded this and has steam please let us know the results, until we have more information there is little we can do.

Comment

yeah iknow but ihave done the right levels and iv been able to to tricks cept only on the hoverboard this mod is far off from complete!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TEAM_MH View Post
                              yeah iknow but ihave done the right levels and iv been able to to tricks cept only on the hoverboard this mod is far off from complete!!!
                              if its the hoverboard then you are not playing or have not installed this correctly, the snowboard has custom model and lots more,

have you seen my post on how to fix the error, i strongly suspect you have your snowreal.ini in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by Viper7 View Post

hey viper, thanks for your comment =)
                                for maps and characters I'm counting on the community. we might get some additional team members, and if there are some maps created by the community, we will probably compile a mappack for everyone to download.

Comment

Working...
                                X