Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

RELEASED: SNOWREAL [1.5] - the snowboarding mod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks really *cool* and very very very (etc) original!

Gonna give this baby a try for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by kimchana View Post
      ok. i install the .rar . i open the game. i do quick match. i choose snow real. i choose the map and i start the game with no bots, 0 score and 20 mins. when it start to load the map it closes and says "windows encountered an error and has to shut down unreal torn 3. what do i have to do to get it to work
      are you running UT3.exe without any extra parameters?
      did you check if the mod content was unpacked in the right folders?

Comment

Just as Kimchana and FearlessBUF said. I can see the maps in the menu, so it isn't a parameter problem (I don't think). Also worth noting is that the "loading' bar is cycled several times, then it freezes, and then it starts cycling again, and then "Window's incountered an error."

Comment

the map that starts with the big slope? yeah, i cant get 10 seconds without dying :|

Comment

Originally posted by Mclogenog View Post
            Just as Kimchana and FearlessBUF said. I can see the maps in the menu, so it isn't a parameter problem (I don't think). Also worth noting is that the "loading' bar is cycled several times, then it freezes, and then it starts cycling again, and then "Window's incountered an error."
            which map did you select?
            I wonder what is so different on your system that it crashes for you and on all the devs PC's it's working fine.

Comment

well, it doesn't matter the map, or the character I am using, I have tried it on different difficulty settings (though not all) and I have tried many other variables

Comment

Okay, i belive i have a supposed fix for he PC version:

Follow the steps:

1.Add the parameter -useunpublished

2.Then make the following folders in

Code:
                C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Unpublished\CookedPC
                maps
                script
                packages
                localization

Then copy all the snowreal maps into maps, the script file (Snowreal.uc) into scripts and all the package files (.upk) to do with snowreal into packages.

Finaly place the snowreal.int into the localization folder.

This is all in unpublished (You may have to create this folder and the folder cooked pc in it)

K, now, copy te snowreal.int file, and go to:

Code:
                C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Localization\INT
                and paste the file into that INT folder, the red is wherever ut3 is installed on you hardrive, so for me c:

i think that might fix it, but be warned, with that parameter -useunpublished none of the published stuff will show, so you need to put custom chaacters in published into unpublished etc.

lets hope this works!

PS: If you have the steam version and this works / doesn't work please post here or PM Me or Cpt_Slog or Squizmek1, thanks!

Comment

This is cool

gonna try to get it on our server.

more maps please !!!!

i really, really like this, xD

Comment

here's another guess on how to fix the error when loading a map:
                    In your UTGame\Published\CookedPC\Localization create a directory called INT and move the file Snowreal.int into that new folder, so you should have: UTGame\Published\CookedPC\Localization\INT\Snowrea l.int

Comment

fun stuff ! I love it!

Comment

Best Round on WhiteSlope: 01:05:61
                        WHO CAN BEAT ME?

Comment

how do I add the parameter for it to use unpublished?

Comment

But we can't run it on our server :-/ :-(

Comment

I think I found a way how to fix the pc version problem...

After the error message I accidentally pressed ctrl+v and I got this:
                              Code:
                              Assertion failed: GIsEditor [File:.\Src\Texture2D.cpp] [Line: 627]
                              Cannot create textures at run-time in the game [unable to find VH_Snowboard]
                              Stack: 

RaiseException() Address = 0x7c81eb33 (filename not found) 
                              CxxThrowException() Address = 0x78158e69 (filename not found) 
                              Address = 0xb9da32   (filename not found) 
                              Address = 0xe8781b4c (filename not found)
                              so I went to the UT3 directory
                              E:\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC
                              and created a "packages" folder for the .upk files, I started the game and everything worked fine now!!!

hope that this will help some people...
                              and btw, really nice work guys

Comment

hi there, i tryed this mod on the ps3 and so far its alryt...how do i get into the snow board coz so far all iv been able to do is do tricks on my hpverboard plus we all day like 2 secs into the game!!!

i also noticed even jumping abit off the ground and trying to land straight isnt working coz we far everytime!

Comment

Working...
                                X