2. Version: Beta
    3. Compatibility: PS3 Only
    4. Description: Quake 3 Conversion of "Longest Yard"
    5. Comments: Bug Testing needed.
    6. Screenshot:
    7. Credits: Sky Box Credit to http://www.lilchips.com/dgunreal/
    8. Homepage:
    9. Download: http://www.briansutherland.net/pat/DM-SUTHERQ3beta1.zip

Uhm, it's good that you are making a map (which already has a few great versions out), but, and correct me if I'm wrong, shouldn't a map with "beta1" in the title and "Bug Testing needed" in the comments be inthe beta section?

Comment

Screen shots will get you a lot more downloads plus I think it's a Forum rule, just a suggestion.

Comment

It's a beta version, so it should be moved. It says PS3 only which means I can't play it and there are no screen shots. Probably because it's PS3 only, but I would like so see how it looks anyway. I usually like new, full, UT3 maps.

Comment

Ahaha, didn't see the PS3 only thing... Another "yay" for this map!

Comment

PS3 only? There's no excuse for that.

Comment

Yay... yet another Longest yard.
              Don't people get bored with playing the same map in so many games?
              Q3, UT, Q4, UT2k4, UT3, CS (yes, there was one)... you name it.

Comment

Wish someone would remake 24hour fitness from 99. Oops wrong thread.

Comment

Sorry, I messed up. I thought I was in the Beta Test section, when i created the thread. So feel free to move this thread. However, I've tested the map with friends numerous times and worked out all the bugs we found. I haven't seen a Longest Yard map cooked for the PS3 yet, so that's why I created it. Enjoy.

Comment

SutherCountry...there is a few Longest Yard maps cooked for the PS3, I have 3 different ones. 1 traditions, 1 with an oriental aspect, and one with so much extra cool stuff added its nuts. You have alot of competition coming out, I will take a look at this map and give you some feed back. Maybe you should also try some other Q3 maps or maybe even a couple Q2 remakes...I really like Q2 The Edge.

Comment

things to look at:
                      1) Keg of Health needs to be directly over top jump pad
                      2) Armored Helmet should be a vest
                      3) Jump pads to UDamage needs to be aligned better, kept falling off them when just bouncing had to do a double jump to reach second bounce pad
                      4) Check your landings from the bounce pads and teleports, awefully close to the edges.
                      5) make the spawns face towards the arena
                      6) BioRifle should be a Shock Rifle...a weapon like this won't be good in this kind of level

Other then that...good work, could use more eye candy though, map is on a great go for a beta

Comment

^ agreed!
                        Much more eye candy and kismet tweaks

Comment

Originally posted by Liqu1D_133 View Post
                          Yay... yet another Longest yard.
                          Don't people get bored with playing the same map in so many games?
                          Q3, UT, Q4, UT2k4, UT3, CS (yes, there was one)... you name it.
                          The answer is no when a map works really well it becomes legendary. It is the greatest compliment you could pay to the original creator. iD Software has had more of those legendary levels than probably any other.

Even though I can't see this version (PS3 only) I was still interested so that tells you right there.

Comment

loving the h4xpost above the sniper

Comment

Working...
                            X