Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UT2D-SuperMario [Final][PC/PS3]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT2D-SuperMario [Final][PC/PS3]

To play this map you must first install UT2D, written by jbizzler.

Name: UT2D-SuperMario
    Version: 1.0 Final
    Compatibility: UT2D 1.0
    Description: Super Mario Bros from the original NES, now in 3d...err...in UT2D

Comments: I tried to keep the look and feel true to the original NES game design, although it is not meant to be an accurate remake. A combination of blocky platforms, 2d and 3d decorations make up the scenery. I've also included sounds from the original game in the PC version. The PS3 version contains stock sounds.

Changes from Beta version:

Tweaked botpathing.
    Changed item placement to 'convince' the bots to play above ground more in deathmatch.
    Added various random pickups to '?' blocks.(You'll just have to figure them out on your own)
    '?' blocks will only flash when an item is available.
    Added a couple more custom sounds to PC version.
    Various (small) visual enhancements.
    Added blocking volumes to keep the camera in the level when a player gets gibbed.

Known issues:

Bots still have trouble getting the UDamage in Deathmatch.
    Bots will not use '?' blocks. (I couldn't figure this one out)

Screenshots:
    [shot]http://wolvey.net/images/ss/mario1l.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://wolvey.net/images/ss/mario2l.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://wolvey.net/images/ss/mario3l.jpg[/shot]

Credits: jbizzler for the addicting new gametype, Nintendo, Cocoa Brovas(music track), the Epic forum members that posted feedback/comments during beta, Wolverine for letting me punish him repeatedly with testing this map(I know that music will be stuck in your head forever!), www.avld.org and www.hourences.com for tutorials/references, and of course Epic Games.

Downloads:
    PC and PS3 Downloads

This and other fine maps now in rotation on my server:

XaXa !!! I download it NoW It's beautiful Thank you !

Comment

let's see if i can snatch items from a ? block by feigning over them...*downloads* this is gonna be awesome =D

Comment

Originally posted by ScorpDK View Post
        let's see if i can snatch items from a ? block by feigning over them...*downloads* this is gonna be awesome =D
        nope...you have to hit them from the bottom just like Mario did. But feigning on top of a block and having your friend hit it from the bottom yields some hilarious ragdoll effects. Wolverine and I did that for a long time in my server. On occasion the coin hit the ragdoll just right and killed the player. LOL

Comment

Both the map and the mod are great.
          This also gives me an idea for a Sonic based map haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickq2007 View Post
            Both the map and the mod are great.
            This also gives me an idea for a Sonic based map haha.
            Thank you! You should also post in jbizzler's thread about the mod since I don't think he checks this one. Can't wait to see the Sonic map!!

Comment

Why when I install the mod, it erases every mod I have installed in the game? Now I have to do everything all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by rwolf64 View Post
                Why when I install the mod, it erases every mod I have installed in the game? Now I have to do everything all over again.
                You need to be more specific. By mod, do you mean the map or UT2D? Is this on PC or PS3? I've never heard of anyone having your problem before.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontAXL View Post
                  You need to be more specific. By mod, do you mean the map or UT2D? Is this on PC or PS3? I've never heard of anyone having your problem before.
                  your map, and is on PS3, it does not install. Instead it erases every mod I have installed.

Comment

Worked for me. It could be that you had too many mods installed and something went wrong in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitomics View Post
                      Worked for me. It could be that you had too many mods installed and something went wrong in the middle.
                      Yeah right, like there is a limit to 15 mods!?

Comment

Originally posted by rwolf64 View Post
                        your map, and is on PS3, it does not install. Instead it erases every mod I have installed.
                        I do not own a PS3 so unfortunately I can't offer any real help or advice. I've had it confirmed by others that the map did install and run correctly. I guess it's possible that your file is somehow corrupted. Have you tried downloading the file again? I also have two versions of the file hosted: A direct link to the USERDATA.Jam that can be downloaded directly from the PS3 browser and a Zip file that can be downloaded on a PC then put on an external USB device (sorry, not sure what it's called) and then loaded to the PS3.

Comment

Ahhh the memories. Excellent work recreating the joys of the Super Mario world and adapting it well to this fun mod!

Comment

how can i play this for ps3?

Comment

download ut-2d mod for ps3 and install it, then download this and install it

Comment

Working...
                              X