No announcement yet.

Dm-blockland [pc][ps3]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think LEGO is being very mature about this, instead of insisting he entirely destroy the map, and suing him, he just kindly asked him to change the name.

Lego, being primarily a company for kids, probably doesn't want to be associated with a M-rated game.

Comment

so ican host matches with it? or keep it in rotation, should i delete mine?i don't need to panic do i?

Comment

Really cool map, thanks for sharing it. I'm constantly amazed by your maps.

Comment

theres less lag on this ... Whos Up For a Game ill host?

Comment

I would have told them it was free advertising for them. Its not like the map is being sold. If they still said no I would have said "fine I'll change the name and the logo's" Then make everything say LEGOSUCKS then it's not using their name

Cool map BTW, lots of fun and well done as usual.

Comment

The only thing about this map that needs improvement is the bot navigation and lego collisions, I'm clippin' through the block a lot. The bots have no idea what to do when they are grabbin' a power up from one of the lego huts. Other than these, your map is fantastic, blasting the little guys is freaking fun.

Comment

I suppose its not meant for bots lol!

Comment

Yeah, you can't really set up bot pathing on a level where the paths are entirely dependent on where the blocks fly. They handle it about as well as can be expected, though they do often get stuck in the entrances to leveled houses.

Comment

To those who asked about hosting the original Lego map, i think it would be common courtesy to delete the map or at least not host it anymore.

Bot pathing could be improved for this map quite a bit but it is still an awesome map.

By the way guys don't bad mouth lego, I would hate for one of the three maps that supports physics to be shutdown because it insults them.

Comment

wait what :| insult lego? i say its laggy etc and nobody is really bad mouthing lego, most of us agree that they had a legitamate point with the violence and kids association etc, besides even if we did have a problem, weve got the right to say.

Comment

Originally posted by LordSimeon View Post
                        They we're actually very polite about it, but i had to change the name and get rid of the LEGO logos from the map.
                        They mentioned that LEGO has never featured blood in a game or product, and because UT3 is all about blowing each other into gibs that it wasn't the image they were into.
                        They did say they enjoyed the map though, and played it in the offices
                        I see, that makes sense. Good to know they were nice about it.

Thumbs up for Lego!

Comment

Originally posted by LordSimeon View Post
                          They we're actually very polite about it, but i had to change the name and get rid of the LEGO logos from the map.
                          They mentioned that LEGO has never featured blood in a game or product, and because UT3 is all about blowing each other into gibs that it wasn't the image they were into.
                          They did say they enjoyed the map though, and played it in the offices
                          Holy ****!

Lego exec's playing UT3 in their offices?

Comment

i actually imagine the people in the offices to be made of lego, and the entire building to be too.

Comment

the lego version of ut3 on the lego ps3 lacked custom blocks for a while

Comment

Originally posted by TheDragonzord View Post
                                i actually imagine the people in the offices to be made of lego, and the entire building to be too.
                                ...LordSimon, MAKE A MAP OF THIS XD
                                Make a map in an office space with lego cubicles that you can destroy and lego people sitting at their desks :P
                                And you can look out the windows and see a large lego city!
                                Okay, well maybe not. But it would be awesome :P

Loving BlockLand, I like how you even changed the lego blocks that spelt out 'LEGO' to spell 'BLOCK' up where the giant tower of blocks is. The bots are quite problematic at times though.

Comment

Working...
                                X