TalkingIcon - v1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Good points This was knocked together in less than a day thereabouts (5 years ago now, heh), so the code (which is included) is pretty simple.
    I haven't got the time to update it, but the source code is all there for anyone who wants to give it a shot; should be fairly easy to fix those issues.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    2 things:
    - If a player stands on hoverboard, no icon appears at all while typing.
    - When a player presses the talk key, even though they don't type anything at all for a long time, it remains in typing status with icon.
    Won't it be better if it has a short timeout like many applications that notify people the other one is typing?
    So if the person didn't type for 5 sec the icon disappears and comes back when he types another letter in message?

Enemies can even see players type their team message, don't know if that's really useful.

The idea itself is good, I always like to know if players respond, are afk or maybe crashed so never answer.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Would be redundant

Originally posted by Lareden View Post
    That is awesome.

I actually want a mutator similar, but for voice. If it could just show a speaker/mic icon and the player's name who is talking, in the corner of the screen that would be awesome.
    The icons of players who are using voice chat already flash onto the HUD while they are talking.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yay it still works with 2.0

Leave a comment:

• replied
    another USA mirror here

http://www.wickedinsanegaming.com/mo...n_-_v1.0&id=16

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TheDragonzord View Post
    It doesnt show up in the ps3 mod list.
    you cant even type in game messages so why bother LOL

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by xtruder_ View Post
    is it because you can only kill those that are typing?
    No. it's just easier when they don't shoot back and stand still.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Secundus View Post
    It puts a big target over them that says "kill me first"
    is it because you can only kill those that are typing?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It puts a big target over them that says "kill me first"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    its not working for the ps3 you know mate.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Not completely sure of what you're asking? I enabled it on bots when taking the screenshots, but the release version doesn't show an icon with bots.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    funziona solo con i bot??

work only bot?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Lareden View Post
    That is awesome.

I actually want a mutator similar, but for voice. If it could just show a speaker/mic icon and the player's name who is talking, in the corner of the screen that would be awesome.
    Good idea; I'll consider doing this as an update when I can, but I don't know when I'll have the time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That is awesome.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice Shambler

Leave a comment:

Working...
X