No announcement yet.

VCTF-Celotex + CTF-Celotex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My hardware isn't the best either, but your map looks good on any settings xD
    All characters are either from the Warhammer 40K model pack or the Liandribot pack.

For this one I turned on Ghost and zoomed out through the glass ceiling and took a picture of everything one of the flag bases.

Comment

Wanted to swing in here and wax on poetically about how much I LOVE this map. Playing it brings me back to Downtown Chaos in 2k4. I love tiny maps where things are constantly blowing up and flying across the screen and stuff. Awesome.

It's my favorite part of our VCTF Custom Map BBQ that we do every month.

Fantastic!

Comment

spam fest = awesome.
        love this map with 16 people.

Comment

Hey, bump to ask a question.
          This map is missing a minimap skin and the flag capture sound effects (VCTF version).

If you're up for it, I can help you with that, or if you're okay with it, I could add them myself and change the map name or something. What do you think? Didn't want to go any further without permission.

Comment

Originally posted by TheVoid34 View Post
            Hey, bump to ask a question.
            This map is missing a minimap skin and the flag capture sound effects (VCTF version).

If you're up for it, I can help you with that, or if you're okay with it, I could add them myself and change the map name or something. What do you think? Didn't want to go any further without permission.
            The map isn't meant to have a minimap.

Also the flag cap sounds will be fixed on a EX version currently being made, among other cool things from Nickq2007 and me.

Be a bit patient.

Cheers.

Comment

A working minimap is pretty handy, even on tiny maps. I found that it helped AnarchyHalls a LOT on later versions to have a skinned minimap.

Anyways, I've heard other players mention something about spider mine traps being able to be placed on I think the edge of the turret track and they wouldn't work? Something like that, didn't know if you knew about that problem...

Comment

Originally posted by TheVoid34 View Post
                A working minimap is pretty handy, even on tiny maps. I found that it helped AnarchyHalls a LOT on later versions to have a skinned minimap.

Anyways, I've heard other players mention something about spider mine traps being able to be placed on I think the edge of the turret track and they wouldn't work? Something like that, didn't know if you knew about that problem...
                Deployables **** out on any weird ledge, like turret rails, floor dents and such.
                Still the map will be fully revisited and undergo a extra testing stage.

Will consider the minimap tho.

Comment

Just got the internets working on my new PC. But yeah, as voodoo said, we're working on some new versions of this along with some other maps. Now that I have a PC that can properly run this game, I'll be able to do much more, but thank you for pointing these out as I have not noticed them myself.

Comment

This VCTF-Celotex have a bug when "Enable Bloom and Depth of Field" and "Enable High Quality Bloom" are on; Display Advanced settings. Seems it lost all textures and show only white and black screen when double damage is in use - like here in Greed gape type:

Now when double damage is on, but there is action elsewhere and some effects are running, all is OK:

When player is on Titan mode, map is showing again OK. Only this black and white bug comes when in player normal mode and he got double damage.

Can maker of this great map fix this little problem?

Comment

Nick won't fix this map since he dumped UT3, also that bug doesn't happen to everyone.

Comment

Ah, thanx for info. I removed this map from Maplist then.

True, this bug comes only when using "bloom" advanced display settings. On some maps this setting mode is too dark and unplayable - like on action map VCTF-ArenaOfDeath. But maps, what are done right, the picture or landscape is so **** sweet and realistic. Some dainties for expensive graphic card, eh. :-D And bloom effects on player skin/model and fire flames are poor cheating. =) So easy to see where enemy flags are etc.

Comment

Awesome map! Simple, but some freakin good close combat gameplay!

Comment

Working...
                          X