DM-Silhouette - all custom meshes! [FINAL][PICS][PC][PS3][EDIT]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Silhouette - all custom meshes! [FINAL][PICS][PC][PS3][EDIT]

UPDATE: A PS3 cook has been done by euchreplayer23! Please see download section below.

1. Name: DM-Silhouette
    2. Version: 1.0
    3. Compatibility: PC only for now.
    4. Description: A cathedral amongst the clouds.
    5. Comments: All 125 unique meshes were created by me in Maya. Some textures (mostly the stained glass) and their associated materials were also created by me using Photoshop.
    6. Screenshot:

7. Credits: Me I suppose?
    8. Homepage:
    Main: http://www.stevenknipping.com
    This map: http://www.stevenknipping.com/3d/silhouette.html

9. Download:
    PC:
    http://files.filefront.com/DM+Silhou.../fileinfo.html
    http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/un...ml?sid=6190650

PS3:
    http://files.filefront.com/DM+Silhou.../fileinfo.html

Edit: Thanks to eurchreplayer23 for the PS3 cook!
    Edit: Now with preview pic! Thanks to BoomSlang.
    Edit: Now with link to Gamespot download.
    Edit: It came to my attention the fact that the included readme file in my .zip seems to be horribly incorrect under the Author Notes section - sorry! I had copied the readme file from someone else's map for the structure of it, and forgot to blank out the actual text! So no, this is not a remake of a UT'99 map, in case any were confused by that.

Finally, please feel free to use my meshes in your map or a reconfiguration of this map. I know many have expressed an interest in seeing this map laid out in more of a deathmatch style, so I encourage all of you to reuse the 125 meshes I made in all new configurations. I only ask for a meager spot in your credits...

Wow, this looks amazing. Very well done.

EDIT! One thing you've forgotten is a preview pic in-game. There's nothing there. I'd usually be a jackass and laugh at your expense but Epic failed in the same way. I'd correct it ASAP since this is a slow part of the night.

Comment

Oops, you're right. Fixed now.

Comment

Love that sunshafts... Great job dude!

Comment

Beautiful light beams and theme, but this doesn't seem like full release material yet. There's no collision on any of the windows, so with a quick wall dodge off a pillar you can pass right through the windows on the ground floor, and it's likely possible to get inside the non-solid upper walls with some hammer jumps or the low gravity mutator too. I also noticed that the half-pillars up against the walls have gaps behind them, and kept getting caught on invisible bits of collision around the Sniper Rifle area.

I hope you take the time to put in some extra polish, because from the right distance it's a really pretty map, and one that stands out with all the custom content.

Comment

Jeeze Setheran I hope you are around to review my map when I put it up in the beta section. I never would have thought of some of that stuff.

Comment

Wonderful, Stupendus, Remarkable, Just Really Awesome.

My favorite part is how you got the light effect with the fog and stuff like that.

Comment

Yes meshwork is great, textures probably to, but hard to say because lighting is totally flat and gray, it is just gray-blue map. Looks like you slapped cool mesh into UT and thats it. You have some stained glass in windows, but it does not add any color to flat and boring floors. Yes i know what "Silhouette" means, but you are wasting nice work by not showing it in more interesting way.

Comment

Beautiful. Must have.

Comment

Originally posted by UnrealBomber View Post
                    Wonderful, Stupendus, Remarkable, Just Really Awesome.

My favorite part is how you got the light effect with the fog and stuff like that.

I got to see and experience this one now!

Nice, no really nice work..

Comment

such long lines of sight in every area of the map but only 1 sniper and no shock rifle. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Comment

Hello everyone, and thanks for all of your comments so far! Gamespot picked up the map for their website too, so feel free to get it from there too:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/un...ml?sid=6190650

Also, allow me to clarify a few things about this map for you all:

1. The map was primarily made as an interesting environment to view and explore in general - much like the game ICO - and as such was not created soley for death matches. Of course it was released as a death match map, but know that many of the aesthetics and design choices were based on a desire to convey a vision I had in my head and not necessarily a fully cohesive multi player experience. To put it succinctly, this was more an exercise in form over function.

2. Setheran: Indeed, I don't know why some of those half pillars got away from the wall like that. I'll try to at least fix that and the window collision.

3. Nawrot: As clarified above, the depicted lighting and atmosphere were crucial to my vision. Also, I think it looks a lot better in-game at higher resolutions than these screen shots are able to convey. Of course, you are entitled to your opinion and I truly appreciate the time you took to help me out with your comment.

4. thinsoldier There is in fact a shock rifle and ammunition in the catacombs. The shock rifle is in the catacomb room whose wall has crumbled away, behind the tomb that is spilling out. It is in an ideal place for it as the tomb provides cover while you pick people off of the bridge.

Again, thanks for all of your comments!

Comment

How many players is this intended for?

Comment

There are 16 player starts, though I feel its medium size is probably more conducive to perhaps 8 combatants.

Of course, it makes for some rather frantic firefights with 32 players...

Comment

Nicely done !

Comment

Working...
                              X