• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WarFair [1.0 Final]

Name: WarFair

Version: 1.0

Compatibility: UT3 1.2

Description: A UT3 mutator to improve fairness on asymmetrical Warfare maps by playing rounds in pairs. Points are awarded only after every second round, so that teams always get to play on both sides of the map.

Comments: Asymmetrical maps like Islander offer great gameplay, but are totally ruined because one side has an advantage. By only ever playing an even number of rounds, both teams have an equal chance of winning. Read the information on the "homepage" link below for details on how the scoring works.

Homepage: http://mrevil.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/unreal/ut3/warfair/

Download (PC): WarFair_v1.0.zip (63KB)

Download (PS3): War_FairPS3.zip (92KB)

ooo interesting. This i will have to try. Sounds like an assault style mutator

Comment

sounds like a great idea. i'll be sure to test .

Comment

Great idea, so simple yet effective

Comment

Added a PS3 cook, courtesy of euchreplayer23.

Comment

That's a pretty good observation, and a pretty nice fix

Comment

What about Torlan Necris, and maps that simply have asymetrical vehicle layouts? Does it work on any map?

Comment

Originally posted by Exorbitance View Post
                What about Torlan Necris, and maps that simply have asymetrical vehicle layouts? Does it work on any map?
                It should work on any map, as long as it is set to swap sides after every round. I suppose I should make the mutator force a side change so it works on maps that don't swap sides (I know Torlan-Leviathan doesn't, does Torlan-Necris not either? I can't remember).

Comment

Originally posted by Nammo View Post
                  Great idea, so simple yet effective
                  !!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I have tried this on maps that don't force you to switch sides...it doesn't do it...is there any way i can ini. tweak those levels to switch after each core destruction?
                    That would be fantastic.
                    On Serenity necris you don't switch, same with Torlan Necris.

Comment

Originally posted by Exorbitance View Post
                      I have tried this on maps that don't force you to switch sides...it doesn't do it...is there any way i can ini. tweak those levels to switch after each core destruction?
                      That would be fantastic.
                      On Serenity necris you don't switch, same with Torlan Necris.
                      Forcing a side switch requires a mutator or an edited map. I did test doing this but forgot to post the results here before: I can make the sides change for all maps, but the maps that don't change sides by default have decorations and effects which are fixed to particular team colours, so when sides are swapped, you end up in a base which is the wrong colour. This, combined with the fact that those maps are fairly symmetrical in appearance makes it very easy to lose track of which side is which.

I can't think of any practical was around that, so I won't be adding that feature in the foreseeable future (that also implies no VCTF version of this mutator too, unfortunately).

Comment

Working...
                      X