• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT2D-SMBWorld11

Super Mario Bros. - World 1-1 (v.1.0)
    By Gary Kertopermono, a.k.a. GaryCXJk

- Introduction -

The most known levels of any video game, World 1-1 is the first level of the Super Mario Bros. game. I remember I got stuck in this level quite a few times when I was young.

This level is an almost-one-on-one replication. At least the layout is quite the same. It misses the underground, but it has got the rest.

- Downloads -

Filefront
    eSnips

- Screenshots -

- How to install -

Make sure you have the latest version of UT2D.

Put the UTGame folder in your "C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3" folder.

Otherwise, put the ini, ut2 and upk files in the "C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps" folder.

It also has the PS3 cooked file, so PS3 users can use the map as well.

- Credits -

* JonLeung, who submitted the whole map to vgmaps.com.

- Known issues -

The AI fails often.
    Music doesn't work that well.

- Changes -

Changes since 1.0
    -----------------
    * Initial version

what oting for ps3 boys.......................... it looks so cool

Comment

OMG you stole my map!!...lol...just kidding. Another SMB map for everyone to enjoy.

Very true to the original, unlike mine that just recreates the theme. Nice work!!

Comment

Thanks.

I was planning on doing another NES-themed level, but I'm not sure which game I should do next. I was thinking about either Metroid or Contra. For Contra I have some small ideas, which do require some mutators for it to work. But I also need to fix up this level before I plan to move over to a next one.

By the way, I found that cooking for PS3 is a somewhat stressful thing. I mean, I won't really need to do much, but it's the fact that my game somewhat crashes at the most rediculous moments. Or at least the editor.

Comment

just a note...the terrain looks a bit skewed, I would recommend panning the bottom terrain a bit until the bricks texture looks like its facing the other way.

Comment

Thanks for cooking it for PS3. I love the 2D mod, and the first Mario map is a blast!

Can you change the icon to PC/PS3? I actually only clicked on this post to request a PS3 version.

Comment

You should totally do the first level of Contra.

Comment

This map plays first person on the ps3....so something went wrong. Another ut2d map did this but the author fixed it.

Comment

Working...
                X