Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

CTF-Xpire [UPDATED for PS3 Download]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-Xpire [UPDATED for PS3 Download]

Name: CTF-Xpire
    Version: 2.0
    Compatibility: PC 1.2
    Description: Small fast pace capture the flag map best played with 6-10 players. (3on3 for a more laid back game, 5on5 (my favorite) for a frag fest anymore than that and you are getting too crowded) Takes place in an abandoned warehouse revived and refitted for the tournament.
    Comments: Fixed since beta:
    Fixed bot paths. Bots shouldn't try to hump walls or just repeatedly translocate into the roof.
    Fixed wall meshes that werent attached the walls. (oops)
    Tweaked the lighting.
    Reduced Steam.
    Added a redeemer and a door for the redeemer exit. Redeemer entrance is somewhat hidden... although is not hard to find.

This is a smaller CTF so it makes for frantic game play and lots of frags mixed with CTF. You dont have much time to hunt down the flag carrier before they score. Due to the size, number of players (10) and weapon placement there is plenty of health and armor to help you through the map.

Screenshot:

Credits: Epic for the goods and all the people on epic forums who helped unknowingly with their input on all the posts here. euchreplayer23 for PS3 cook.
    Homepage:
    [b]Download: PC PS3

Fixed bot paths. Bots shouldn't try to hump walls or just repeatedly translocate into the roof.
    Were the bots in a translocating loop? (doing it over and over)

And how did you fix it?

Comment

I had one spot where the bots were trying to translocate down from the shield belt area but they would just shoot it into a support pillar. I went in and proscribed (told the bots not to take that path) all paths heading in that direction yet for some reason they still tried to go that way. So I just placed a crude work around by placing some appropriate meshes in the way so they wouldn't even try and that fixed it. Luckily for me this is a warehouse and I could place some random boxes.
      Sorry its not more technical this is my first map.

Comment

Sorry its not more technical this is my first map.
        Good detailed explaination. No worries.

Comment

Nice finished product man, I played the beta version a ton--the tweaks you made made it even better!!! Keep the maps coming!

Comment

Map is installed on this Server

Name: Vulcanion.com powered by clanserver4.u.de
            IP: 195.13.62.22:27700
            MoD: ZeroPing Instagib Capture The Flag
            MapVoting: Yes (BiaVote)
            Installed Maps: Show Forum Thread here

|| »Vûlçåñø« || UT3 Redirect Service || Download UT3 Stuff || »RaiDen« Clan (UT2oo4/UT3) || Download UT2004 Stuff || UT2004 Redirect Service || »Vûlçåñø« ||

Comment

I love the addition of the hidden tunnel to the redemer. Its sick

Comment

good map!!! bravo!!

Comment

Hey OpTYk, looks really cool from the screenshots. Any chance of getting this cooked for PS3?

Comment

Im totally down for a PS3 cook. I dont know how to do it so if someone wants to do it for me or point me to a tutorial that they find clear and helpful (ill look for one also but if someone knows of a good one) ill be happy to do that.

Comment

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showpo...3&postcount=48

This is a tutorial by DGUnreal, one thing, the PS3 no longer requires the "blusmod0267354yadayada" file path, it now accepts only the USERDATA.JAM file directly from the root directory of the thumbdrive/datastick/flashdrive/whatever you are using. PM me or euchreplayer23 if you get stuck. Thanks!

Comment

euchreplayer23 cooked my map for PS3 so thanks for that. The link is on the original post. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                        X