Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

CTF-Chicken Pancakes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-Chicken Pancakes

Name: CTF-Chicken Pancakes
    Version: 1.0
    Compatibility: Pc version only atm
    Description: A simple layout -great for fast paced action
    Comments: If all goes well and no bugs are reported I will build for ps3. As far as I'm concerned though this map is bug free.So please report any bugs that you may find on this thread.
    Screenshot: located on link
    Credits: Myself (original map layout by Britton Wesley aka 'Ghandi')
    Download:http://files.filefront.com/CTF+Chiki.../fileinfo.html

Never upload screenshots as BMP files. They take forever to download due to pointlessly huge file size. You should replace them with jpgs.

Comment

they are jpegs.....

Comment

Nice remake!

It's about time someone remade this map. It looks pretty sweet as well.

Comment

Originally posted by c0nting3ncy View Post
          It's about time someone remade this map. It looks pretty sweet as well.
          ditto, i've been playing it since i downloaded goodwork!

Comment

dear god i had hoped i killed this map off when i took it off my ut99 mapvote server.

Comment

Well im glad to hear that some folks are enjoying the map

FRAG ON !

Comment

Originally posted by dauthi View Post
                they are jpegs.....
                Apologies;

On closer inspection, I think someone has something to answer for...

Comment

I think "Chicken Waffles" would have been a much better name for this map.

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
                    On closer inspection, I think someone has something to answer for...
                    Oh lol, I remember the days when I thought changing the extension was the same as changing the format. . . when I was but a wee tyke on Windows 95. . .

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfSamus View Post
                      Oh lol, I remember the days when I thought changing the extension was the same as changing the format. . . when I was but a wee tyke on Windows 95. . .

That actually is not the case. I am fully able to open up paint /photoshop/Gimp and resave a file. The fact of the matter is - I dont see the point of doing that when people play games that use quite the amount of bandwidth - I can't really see an issue with trying to view a BMP on a website. So as far as this goes this is a dead issue. I would appreciate as im sure the rest of the community would as well that these fourms are used to sample player created maps and mods as well as used for critiqing and praises products, NOT for complaining about the size of a BMP images.

Again ... I hope all enjoy this map and have a great time FRAGGING

(there a is a ps3 version on the way since no problems have been posted and I have recieved no BAD feed back on this map )

Comment

Because if a screenshot is going to take me three or four minutes to download, I'm not going to waste my time waiting for that, before deciding whether I'm going to spend the next four or five hours downloading your map.

Personally, for me it's a non-issue, I'm on a 20meg broadband line. However if you're not it Western Europe / America, then you probably don't have a broadband connection.

Comment

And another point missed ...

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
                            Because if a screenshot is going to take me three or four minutes to download, I'm not going to waste my time waiting for that, before deciding whether I'm going to spend the next four or five hours downloading your map.

Personally, for me it's a non-issue, I'm on a 20meg broadband line. However if you're not it Western Europe / America, then you probably don't have a broadband connection.
                            And even most people here don't have broadband. I'm one of them. Looking at getting sattelite because no one offers broadband where I live. I just use the work comps to d/l maps. Like I'm doing now.

Comment

Originally posted by dauthi View Post
                              That actually is not the case. I am fully able to open up paint /photoshop/Gimp and resave a file. The fact of the matter is - I dont see the point of doing that when people play games that use quite the amount of bandwidth - I can't really see an issue with trying to view a BMP on a website. So as far as this goes this is a dead issue. I would appreciate as im sure the rest of the community would as well that these fourms are used to sample player created maps and mods as well as used for critiqing and praises products, NOT for complaining about the size of a BMP images.

Again ... I hope all enjoy this map and have a great time FRAGGING

(there a is a ps3 version on the way since no problems have been posted and I have recieved no BAD feed back on this map )
                              You know there are guidelines made by forum mods about how map entry post should look here, also they done [ shot ] tags exactly for that purpose to resize big pictures and save bandwith for those who do not want to waste it on huge JPG (not even talking about uncompressed BMP). I looked at one randomly picked picture of your map. I do not care if i had bad luck and it was worst or best of your map pictures, I did not liked that one picture so I do not bother to wait for rest. Maybe if you followed this forum guidelines about posting new map topic and using proper picture format with tags I would wait to see all of them and maybe i would download your map Also i am here on OC12 bandwith is only limited by LAN connection speed, and it took too long to load that single BMP, probably bacause your host for those maps does not live up to high bandwith that bmp needs.

So if you want to stick with BMP at least find fast and paid host for your pictures before forcing them on us.

Comment

Working...
                              X