No announcement yet.

Dynah PC/PS3 V1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This model looks great! I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Comment

Well I just noticed that the PS3 file is the old one that I originally did and was never updated so sometime this weekend I will cook this newest one and send you the link. Sorry about that but I just got caught up in other games and of course RL but I will get this taken care of for you and for PS3 gamers very soon.

Comment

pretty cool just need to be refined a little. i like the hair

Comment

AnubanUT2: Thanks guess we all got caught up.

Joel791e: I'm still fixing isues and refining others. Glad the hair design is sticking

Comment

Dynah has recieved and honorable mention along with the rest of the rejects , looks theres a lot more work to be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandinga View Post
              Dynah has recieved and honorable mention along with the rest of the rejects , looks theres a lot more work to be done.
              Dude that is still a good thing ... they only picked four this round and if you make some real strides in the texturing (particularly in the face and hair), fix that transparency, and add some more customization options this model can still place in the other phases. Don't be disappointed be glad that it did get an honorable mention and it is not a reject. Its a good model that went up against some tough competition.

Carefully examine Nyota and Hel, the other female models and see how they dealt with hair and texturing issues, again paying more attention to the face. I have confidence in your ability to make marked improvements and do better in the coming phases ... just don't get down on yourself or your talent (of which you definitely possess).

Also look at Davision's models ... he has FPV arms, custom sounds, custom physics, custom gibs, custom materials. Think about making some additional permutations of Dynah as well (see EE's latest model complete with faction support as an example of this ... just go to the site and as a dev you should have access to the beta ... if not ask EE to give you access and I am sure he will) so that she can part of faction. Add more bot versions so people can do battle with multiple versions of her (like Alcor's Samus model which also has plenty of custom content like Davision's work minus the custom sounds).

Comment

@Mandinga i say well done at least you got a mention
                @AnubanUT2 i agree with you on most counts but i don't think Mandinga needs EE's help just to make a custom faction, all it takes is a few lines of code eg:-
                Code:
                /**
                 * Copyright 1998-2007 Epic Games, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
                 * Bodged by Geodav for UT40k
                 */

class UTFamilyInfo_Eldar extends UTFamilyInfo_Human
                	abstract;

defaultproperties
                {
                   Faction="Eldar"
                   NonTeamEmissiveColor=(R=20.000000,G=2.000000,B=1.000000,A=1.000000)
                   NonTeamTintColor=(R=3.000000,G=1.000000,B=1.000000,A=1.000000)
                }
                and changing the Faction Name in the ini file, it's not rocket science

Comment

Cool ... but the reason I mentioned EE is because Mandiga is a member of our community at EvilEngine.net and in case he was not aware of how to do it and since EE has an actual working model that has faction support, EE is one of the best resources for him. And in case he were to run into any problems he could ask EE since EE has already had succeeded in this aspect. None of this stuff is really rocket science but it can be confusing to folks nonetheless.

Comment

this thread is now abandonded, it's been replaced with the updated version.

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=627307

go check it out.

Comment

Working...
                    X