Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

DM-ODYSSEUS (Final)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-ODYSSEUS (Final)

Name:
    Odysseus
    Version:
    Alpha (finale)
    Compatibility:
    PC & PS3

Description:
    This orbital station, Formerly used as an outpost, has been renewed for tourism industry. You'll find there all kind of basic weapons, 6 upgrades (superhealth, u-damage, belt...). I wanted to balance open spaces and closed ones. Open spaces are : in the space and the indoor garden. But don't worry, you can easily jump beyond fences. I also thought a place for professional snipers would please some of you (where you can kill and be almost protected, but keep an eye behind you ).
    As some of you may have seen it in the "beta release" section, this is my first map ever made. Feel free to tell me what's right (I'll keep it for the next map - already in my mind ) and what could be improved (and how).
    At least, I hope you'll already enjoy this one !

Xermacor.

Screenshots:

Credits:
    Hourences, Triggz, Darkslayer for their tuts
    Faultymoose, {BFG}Bl!tz~, Karmapolice, feisar32, and many others for their help.

Download:
    PC
    http://files.filefront.com/DM+Odysse.../fileinfo.html

PS3
    http://files.filefront.com/DM+Odysse.../fileinfo.html

gotta say this is an awesome map
    you could've worked some more on Jupiter to make it look a little more better cause it looks kind of poly and not like smooth and the texture is just plain but thats just my opinion the rest of the map is awesome good game flow too!

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Angel View Post
      gotta say this is an awesome map
      you could've worked some more on Jupiter to make it look a little more better cause it looks kind of poly and not like smooth and the texture is just plain but thats just my opinion the rest of the map is awesome good game flow too!
      Didn't have much time for looking at Jupiter myself Liking the map very much, Xermacor - looks great, the layout's complex enough to challenge while still being fun, & it plays very well Got to agree with one of the posters on the beta thread, the water effects are very impressive & add nicely to the appearance of the garden. Holograms are a nice touch of detail too

If I had a suggestion to make, it'd be this - it'd be great to be able to get into a warp portal over to the superstructure framework out in space, it'd add another dimension to it to frag it out round there I know that'd be a massive change though, so - just wishful thinking from me!

The map's great, especially as a first attempt! Great job, will be keeping any eye out for any further maps from you, have a well-deserved five stars from me Thanks for taking the time to cook it for the PS3

Comment

Originally posted by feisar32 View Post

The map's great, especially as a first attempt! Great job, will be keeping any eye out for any further maps from you, have a well-deserved five stars from me Thanks for taking the time to cook it for the PS3
        First map?

Impressive indeed Xermacor

Love every inch (centimetre) of this map. Well done.

Five stars for sure and a keeper - Your effort appreciated very much. Thanks.

The idea reminds me of a favorite Sci-Fi movie of mine, Silent Running.

Here's a pic

Comment

You dont see the rings on the ps3 version of jupiter?

Comment

Originally posted by NyghtcrawleR View Post
            You dont see the rings on the ps3 version of jupiter?

Lead astray perhaps

Jupiter rings?

Think Saturn my friend

Comment

thx for ur map Xermacor and ....we re all waiting the next

Comment

I said Jupiter because the guy above did...wasnt really thinking that that much. Regardless, still cant see the rings.

Comment

No offense intended NyghtcrawleR

I just thought it funny

Comment

Downloaded and tried it out.

Honestly, there isnt anything new that I have not seen while playing this map. In my opinion, its a nice starting map for you, but you could do a little better. Im sure with practice, you can make a very unique map in the future.

It has my download, but it isnt anything "Spectacular". 3/5

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey 7 View Post
                      Lead astray perhaps

Jupiter rings?

Think Saturn my friend
                      Just to let you know:
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rings_of_Jupiter

btw: nice map Xermacor!

Greetings from Hamburg, Germany

Comment

Yeah ! Thank you all !

(I've chosen Saturn, Jupiter has a too complex surface to render for me actually - mostly because of the "red eye" of Jupiter, which is a cyclone that needs to rotate on it self + many fluid movements behind that seemed very too difficult to create. Saturn has a plain and boring surface - very easy )

If I can do what I'm thinking about for my next map, I think you'll find it more spectacular Nagis (depending on what do you call "spectacular" ). I'll really try to do better now I understood kismet, material, texture, building... The basics of the editor. I have in the idea to create meshes and texturing it, may have you some tutorials/links for that ?

See you all soon !

Comment

Way cool. Time to download.

Comment

Thanks for keeping me honest ericsl

Yes I did know Jupiter has rings but they are not as obvious as those of Saturn.

I am into astronomy and sci-fi (see my www in sig below for entertainment) and am pretty well up on the subject. I was trying to make a point, and believing 95% of people didn't know the fact tried to get away with a little error. My bad.

For information Uranus also has rings...

Clicky

You will no doubt agree, none are as grand as those of Saturn.

Comment

: )..........just to inform that i have no more crash in the swimming pool ....lol.....was probably my fraqn computer^^

Comment

Working...
                              X