Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

DM-Xenon [PC][PS3]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Xenon [PC][PS3]

Name: DM-Xenon
    Authors: Axeman and Slainchild
    Version: Final
    Compatibility: ver 1.2
    Description:
    Xenon (Xe54) is the fuel needed for Ion Cannons. Naturally, this facility has witnessed many battles for control.
    Comments:
    Enjoy
    Screenshot:
    [shot]http://www.axemanleveldesign.com/images/screenshots/xenon/screenshot.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://www.axemanleveldesign.com/images/screenshots/xenon/screenshot2.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://www.axemanleveldesign.com/images/screenshots/xenon/screenshot3.jpg[/shot]
    Credits:
    Detailed in the readme
    Homepage:
    Axeman
    Slainchild

Download:
    DM-Xenon PC
    DM-Xenon PS3

Wow from those screens it looks amazing, I am downloading now Can't wait to play the map. Thank You.

Comment

yay! nice job Axe!

Comment

Fantastic. Downloading it.

Comment

Downloading now. Hoping for a nice TDM map. It's very dark but you know that

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Tweakd View Post
            Downloading now. Hoping for a nice TDM map. It's very dark but you know that

Thank you!
            Thanks for the comments so far folks. I hope people will enjoy playing it.
            The screenshots are pretty dark- I've never really done a good job w/ screenshots.

However, I've tested this on all the post-processing settings and Vivid (the process used in taking the screenshots) is the darkest, but I felt things were still visible enough as I didn't want to completely wash out the lighting on all the other settings.

Playing TDM shouldn't be a problem with the skin glow. Now- if we could just get Epic to brighten up the skins on FFA we'd be gettin' somewhere.

Thanks again for downloading and checking it out. If any server admins put this up let me know so I can come get owned.

-Axe

Comment

finally
              i just wish it was thursday, then i could actually play it right now

Comment

Congrats on the release of this excellent level. I have enjoyed this level since the first beta and really like the changes you made since then. I guess I will get on quick game in before I get going. Thanks for the additional content man ... its always appreciated especially when the quality is of this caliber.

Comment

One of the best layout/gameplay/flow maps available for UT3. Also beautiful graphically, fitting in with UT3 stock maps, bu with its own sense of style.

Sadly, performance is still poor. I am CPU bottlenecked to 50 FPS in many parts of the map-- even with my **** upgrade.

Comment

That is the only thing I would say as well. Its not a super large map so I wouldn't expect performance to drop below 55 fps but when you are in the Flak cannon area your frames really take a beating. This is one of those times having Windows XP would be better for UT3 gaming, especially since SLI still performs better with XP.

Edit: Actually if my system was just stable with the 174.xx drivers that would give me much better performance.

Comment

Yep- optimization is something that I'm still learning. It is by far and away the biggest change from earlier editor versions- well, that and kismet.
                      I'm sure as I gain more experience with UE3 I'll learn the tricks better.
                      The main problem with that area is all the windows. Had I made more solid walls in that area the performance would have benefited.

Comment

I had play the RC2 version and post comments in the beta thread few days ago.

Anyway, glad to see that it is finally Final !

Many thx for this awesome map.

The last additions make this map even better.

A absolute keeper

Cheers !

Comment

Did you find the fps problems without my help Axeman? I'm sorry for that, my mind kind of wandered from UT3 for a week or 2 after that dunnno why.

Comment

really solid map ! thx for that and btw it run like a charm on my **** rig(athlon 5000+ x2;vista32bits;MSImx8800GTS/OC/320)....lot of other maps put my computer in troubble....of course on middle class settings ; )
                            keep the good job.....wating ur next one

Comment

Thanks to everyone who downloaded and played the map. I appreciate it.

Fraggle007- I am unable to pm you to get this cooked for the PS3.
                              If anyone else is interested in cooking and testing this level for the PS3- let me know.

-Axe

Comment

Working...
                              X