No announcement yet.

UT3 in stereoscopic 3D (anaglyph)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, rocks ^^ i've alway been a fan of 3d thingys and i'm hoping for 3d movies to have a great comeback

Comment

can't you try to figure out in anyway to make it for the other type of 3-d glasses like the imax kind cause using the anaglyph glasses can injure your eye after a while of playing...and with the others would seem much better to use.... just an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Nagis View Post
        I'd laugh if there was ever a mod to where the game is in 3D one day.
        Yes, Yes, YES!
        GREAT idea for a mod!
        There must be a way to render the green and blue elements on the image in real-time, even though if performance could decrease, but that would be a killer!
        It might even be possible!
        Hell, that would be so great

Comment

Man I don't know how you made it but it looks awesome.

Comment

can this run on an ordinary computer?

Comment

3D is alive. Time to upgrade.

You guys with the questions about the polarized glasses really ought to check out mtbs3d.com to learn how to set it up. If you do not have an Nvidia card you can still use KindDragon's hook to play in anaglyph mode. The hook also supports over-under mode and page-flipping mode. The anaglyph mode works fine but page-flipping sometimes does not seem to sync properly in this game on my setup. (especially when using the minigun)
              Personally, I am enjoying full-color stereo 3D with some $12 shutter-glasses from ebay with edimensional's (not Nvidia's) interleave-mode drivers.

Comment

you don't even need an nvidia card with iZ3d drivers, they also work on Ati cards.

Comment

I viewed this with sweet wrappers on my glasses lol

This would win the $100000 make something unreal contest

Comment

this rules very good and completely unique

I was lucky enough to have a DVD that uses these glasses !!yay!! for me lol

Shark boy and Lava girl is the DVD dont ask lol

Comment

Could you make a version of this for people who can do it cross-eyed? I'd love that.

Comment

The iZ3D driver isn't specific to UT3, it doesn't even uses any feature of th unreal engine, basically it just intercepts DirectX calls, renders each frame twice and moves slightly the camera to get the two distinct images for each eye.

So it works in many other games like : (these are games i tested myself)
                        Flatout 2

Racedriver GRID

Tomb Raider Anniversary (old screenshot , B&W mode)

Devil May Cry 4 (demo)

Audiosurf

I even tried with a PS2 emulator
                        Rez : using PCSX2 (a bit buggy but working)

Iz3D builds a 3D monitor and the driver is supposed to work with it.
                        The anaglyph mode is included as a free demo, but the Iz3D team is currently implementing other display modes such as dual display (dual projector), side by side, shutter glasses (like the elsa 3D revelator glasses), interlaced 3D-TV (zalmann 3D monitor), Samsung DLP-3D, etc... but they announced that these features won't be free (since they usually make their money out of the monitor) some of the display modes have already been added in the latest version (v1.08) but not all of them.

Oh and bythe way... i'm not an iZ3D employee, just a player who found this and fell in love with 3D stuff.

Comment

Did anybody notice that Nvidia is back with their Consumer 3D Stereo drivers for their new Forceware?

Comment

Yes nvidia's back but they're 2 years late, they're behind now, that's because they had completely abandonned 3D until they made a deal with Zalman to support their 3D TV.
                            And they have completely broken the hardware and OS compatibility.
                            With these new drivers you must use Windows Vista and an nvidia geforce 8 series or higher.

So they're useless for me, i can't even test them (i'm running XP).

Comment

Great job, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X