Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Warlord's Random Drop [v1.00] [PC & PS3 Available] [Download]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only other mutators I am using are server ads, weapon replacer that replaces a few stock weps with some tweaked/balanced WGS versions, a hover board replacer and dual enforcers mutator. None which modify the game rules.

Comment

Originally posted by CVROY View Post
      The only other mutators I am using are server ads, weapon replacer that replaces a few stock weps with some tweaked/balanced WGS versions, a hover board replacer and dual enforcers mutator. None which modify the game rules.
      That is very strange than :S it must be a bug with UT3 then since I would not see why it wouldn't work no matter where it is in the list since it is the only one with new game rules.

Comment

hey warlord, here's something that i think might compliment your mutator nicely

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...1#post25344281

Comment

Hey Warlord, nice mutator!

Can I make a code optimisation suggestion?

If you unified your random system, you'd only need to call one random function.

Eg:

50% chance for health, 25% chance for ammo, 15% chance for armor, 10% chance for powerup (for example)

Call your random(100) function, and depending on the result:

1 - 50 = health
          51 - 75 = ammo
          76 - 90 = armor
          91 - 100 = powerup

And obviously you'd have sub-types in that array, so for the 1 - 50 health you could have:

1 - 5 = super health
          6 - 25 = regular health
          26 - 50 = health vial

Then you can get a drop every time (eliminates the possibility of multiple repeat failures for the entire test routine) and you only have to call the random routine once to do it.

Comment

This is a nice idea and if I didn't use DropitAll already I would probably consider it. Though I like that you can get health and armor if you use this one ... or is it only heath atm?

Comment

It is all, Weapons, Health, Armor, And Powerups. So combine it with my mutators to remove all pickups and random initial weapon and you have an almost completely random match every time.

Comment

aw man i cant stop telling you how amazing this little mutator this. it totally changes the gameplay. maps built around this mutator doesn't have to have weird platforms for weapon pickups or powerups. it just has to be a believable environment. thus map design becomes focused toward the visual aspects. i would love to see some maps built around this gameplay. it would be a map free of restrictions on weapon placement or random corridors placed just to have health pickups on it. a map where the designer put all the focus into visual elements and flow of combat. A COD4-like map would be a good candidate for it. a map of countless random geometry where a countless random battles can occur. but thats just beginning. i know some amazing work is going to come out of UTed.

Comment

Hi, I noticed this Mutator is effective even for custom weapons and custom items.

I was allowed to drop custom weapons with very "low probability". (approximately 1% or 2%)
                  The effect was very impressive in the match.
                  When a few custom weapons are mingled with normal balanced game, originality of custom weapons are emphasized.

I think some custom weapons seem to be "the seasoning".
                  "Games full of unique custom weapons" are a little intrusive.
                  By using this Mutator, I can add a few custom weapons to normal game as a little spice.

But there is a problem for this on multiplay.
                  I installed this Mutator to my server, and I killed some bots.
                  At that moment, a few seconds of lag (freezing) occurs in the screen.
                  This lag seems to have occurred in the time of the first loading of each custom weapons.

In other words, when I combine this Mutator and custom weapons,
                  Custom weapons are not loaded before the match started.
                  Loading of custom weapon seems to begin when the weapon drop occurred.
                  Perhaps this is the cause of the lag.

Is there a countermeasure?
                  I think if "loading of custom weapons" is completed before match starts, lag will not occur.

Comment

Working...
                  X