Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Warlord's Random Drop [v1.00] [PC & PS3 Available] [Download]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warlord's Random Drop [v1.00] [PC & PS3 Available] [Download]

Name: Warlord's Random Drop
    Version: 1.00
    Compatibility: 1.2 (Not Sure If It Works On Earlier Versions)
    Description: Randomly Drops Items When You Kill Your Enemies. The Default Chances Are As Follows (Health-56%, Weapon-24%, Powerup-10%, Armor-10%)
    Features:
    Version 1.00:
    • Initial Release
    • Configurable Random Drop List (Through Config INI) (PC Only)
    • Source Code Included (PC Only)

Bonus Mutators:
    • No Weaponry Pickups: Removes All Weapon & Powerup Pickups.
    • No Armor Pickups: Removes All Armor Pickups.
    • No Health Pickups: Removes All Health Pickups.

Credits: Myself - Code, onefingerkill - Idea
    Download: PC Version 1.00, PS3 Version 1.00
    Comments: The PS3 Version Seemed To Have Cooked In Some Meshes Since I Had To Create My Own Inventory Items For The Armor & Health Resulting In A Larger Cooked Package. In Next Version I Will See If I Can Dynamically Load The Meshes And That Should Reduce The PS3 Size. Please Let Me Know If The PS3 Version Doesn't Work Due To This.

I Have Included 3 Additional Mutators That Allows The Removal Of Pickups. If Using All 3 Makes It The Only Way To Get Weapons And Health Are From The Random Drops. Combine These With My Random Start Weapon Mutator And Have A Very Random Game Every Time.

Nice to see my idea finally came to mind. Uploading mutator to PS3 now!

Edit- Works GREAT, however, I think some powerups are missing. Only ones I keep getting are Juggernaunt, Deemer, and that that Damage Amp thing. Everything else works great.

Edit- Nevermind, they are all there.

You should also make it where there is a 100% chance of a drop in different mutators. That would make instant action more chaotic imo!

Comment

It seems to work fine on the PS3, though It'd be nice if there was a no ammo one and.. it would be REALLY nice if there was a 100% (15% Mega, 25% Small, 60% Normal) Health drop mod, that would freaking rule... A drop current armor one would be cool too.. An Unlimited enforcer ammo mod would be nice.. but that's off-topic.

The odds of getting the power items overall seem nice, though personally I'd like it if they were a little smaller, I mean, I get way too little armor and way too much Udamage etc. Heh, just got two Udamages from one guy, that's crazy.

This is just another mutator pack in a long line of great mutator packs from you isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Gigith View Post
        It seems to work fine on the PS3, though It'd be nice if there was a no ammo one and.. it would be REALLY nice if there was a 100% (15% Mega, 25% Small, 60% Normal) Health drop mod, that would freaking rule... A drop current armor one would be cool too.. An Unlimited enforcer ammo mod would be nice.. but that's off-topic.

The odds of getting the power items overall seem nice, though personally I'd like it if they were a little smaller, I mean, I get way too little armor and way too much Udamage etc. Heh, just got two Udamages from one guy, that's crazy.
        Yea I am still tweaking the drop rates :S It is difficult to balance them since its all random and sometimes it takes a while to drop a powerup and sometimes its quick . I may double the chances for armor which should decrease the chance of powerups.

I have a double random chance to drop an item. First chance is to pick an item and the next is a chance for the item to actually drop. If the item doesn't drop it goes back and picks another item and tries again. So it is very hard to get an accurate % chance except for the chance it is picked. I have the redeemer chance to actually drop is really low and what was funny was the luck of the bots . I heard 3 redeemer explosions within a few minutes lol. I will continue to tweak the drop rates and hopefully balance it out even more.

Originally posted by Gigith View Post
        This is just another mutator pack in a long line of great mutator packs from you isn't it?
        This wasn't intended to be a pack but I decided to release some mutators that could be used along with it

Comment

warlord57, do you test your mods for online compatibility? Works fine on instant action for me but on my server online internet the mutator loads, but players drop nothing

Comment

Originally posted by CVROY View Post
            warlord57, do you test your mods for online compatibility? Works fine on instant action for me but on my server online internet the mutator loads, but players drop nothing
            Yes I test them for online capability, I start my own dedicated server using the mutator and join in and it seems to work just fine. I am not sure why it doesn't work for you.

My steps in testing are this:

1. Launch Dedicated Server Through A Batch File Using The Mutator
            2. Launch The Game In Windowed Mode (So I Can See The Dedicated Server Window Also)
            3. Open Console And Typed In "Open 127.0.0.1" without quotes to join my server.
            4. Once In Game I Kill The Bots (Which Should Be The Same As A Human Player) And They Drop Items.

Edit: I am working on balancing the drops even more. I am also working on redesigning my RPG Mutator to incorporate this in it and hopefully get it complete to submit it into the MSU contest

Comment

If your joining the server from the same machine it may produce different results than a true server/client scenario because you are using the same directories for the server/client on your machine. If you would like me to do a true internet server/client test I can help you with that... just let me know.

Comment

From what I remember, using the method I used to test will produce accessed nones and errors just like in a client/server game. I have not heard that it may produce different results when they are on the same machine.

So what you are saying is the Game Rules can not be used online? That is all I have basically for this mutator. I do not think I need to replicate the variable which holds all the item list since it won't change in game and the Function used to drop the items is PreventDeath() in the Game Rules Class. I am not sure how to make it online friendly when I am using a function normally in the game and should be used online already.

Comment

I have something I am going to try with my server when I get home from work and I'll let you know how I make out

Comment

Though even how it is on the PS3 where you can't set it to only drop kinds of health it still works well for that, you get health a lot, so I donno if we need a health only one, but on the other hand people might not want everyone getting those weapons like that.

And CVROY, I don't think he intended for you to make out with his mutator, though it is a really nice one and It has a great personality.

Comment

Good Idea. This would be great with an invasion mod also I think

Comment

my hats off to you sir, you are the greatest. i thought random drop was a good idea myself but no pickups//s make it become something ingenious. sweet work.

Comment

Originally posted by onefingerkill View Post
                          my hats off to you sir, you are the greatest. i thought random drop was a good idea myself but no pickups//s make it become something ingenious. sweet work.
                          I should have an update with a much more balanced system for Item Drops soon. I am just working out a few minor details and it will be ready to go.

CVROY: Any luck finding out why it isn't working for you?

PS - I have begun work again on my RPG mod which will be using this feature as well as more RPG Elements. This will take up more priority as I want to enter it into the MSU contest

Comment

OK, for folks running more than one mutator you need to add the random drop first in your server start command line in the mutators section. That fixed the issue for me

when doing this it does work online

YAY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CVROY View Post
                              OK, for folks running more than one mutator you need to add the random drop first in your server start command line in the mutators section. That fixed the issue for me

when doing this it does work online

YAY!!!

weird, what mutators were you running with this that was before this mutator on the list? It seems like 1 has a PreventDeath function in the Game Rules that doesn't go through all of the other game rules PreventDeath functions. Atleast that is how it sounds anyway . Good you found out why it wasn't working before, now I need to find out why that is

Comment

Working...
                              X